[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just in case you're going to draft Vincent Jackson this year....

Chargerz

....THIS appeared in the UT today.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers’ Jackson enters guilty plea

Friday, April 30, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.

Chargers Pro Bowl receiver Vincent Jackson on Friday pleaded guilty to knowingly driving with a suspended license stemming from his traffic stop a few hours before his team’s home playoff loss against the New York Jets on Jan. 17.

He entered his plea as part of a deal with prosecutors in which Jackson will receive a fine of less than $1,000 and around 80 hours of community service, according to his attorney Cole Casey. Jackson originally faced two misdemeanor counts related to his driving with a suspended license, plus an infraction of driving with expired registration. Jackson pleaded to one misdemeanor. Casey said the other charges have been dismissed as part of the deal.

“Vince just wants to get ready to play football this season, and he doesn’t want to have a lot of this legal stuff hanging over his head,” Casey said.

The NFL is still reviewing his case, according to a league spokesman. Because of Jackson’s two DUIs since 2006, Jackson is likely to face a suspension this fall under the league’s substance abuse policy.

His license had been suspended as a result of his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving in January 2009. Jackson had been on probation for a previous DUI conviction from 2006 and pleaded guilty on his 2009 DUI case this past February. For this most recent DUI, Jackson received four days of roadside trash pickup, five years of probation, 15 days of community service and a $2,408 fine.

Casey said Jackson has completed all of his required roadside trash pickup and community service from that sentence.

“He picked up trash on the freeways and did every day of it, every single day of it without a peep,” Casey said.

Casey said Jackson’s punishment on the suspended license conviction is standard for such a charge.

Jackson was pulled over near Chargers headquarters Jan. 17 after a San Diego police officer said he heard loud music coming from Jackson’s car on Murphy Canyon Road. It is against the law in California to “operate any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet” when driving, except for certain circumstances. Jackson was pulled over at 10:01 a.m. He was not cited for the noise violation but was handcuffed and released, allowing him to play in the 17-14 loss against the Jets, which started at 1:40 p.m. Jackson finished the game with seven catches for 111 yards.

Since he was driving to a playoff game, perhaps the commish will be more lenient. Is there any way the Chargers can organize a regular carpool for Vincent Jackson for practices and games? Seems like a really good idea.

Since he was driving to a playoff game, perhaps the commish will be more lenient. Is there any way the Chargers can organize a regular carpool for Vincent Jackson for practices and games? Seems like a really good idea.

Doubt the team will do anything for him, but I'm sure he can hire a driver/personal assistant for $30,000 a year. Probably a family member or friend from the neighborhood would do it. Drop in the bucket for him and helps lower the unemployment total by 1.

Do you know who Rodger Goodell is? He's not going to be lenient towards a knucklehead who's been in trouble multiple times. He deserves a suspension.

Does anyone in SD know if he will get suspended ? Any leaks of information out there ?

I heard on San Diego Sports Radio that the suspension will probably be two games although it could be as many as four games if Goodell is in a bad mood.

They should probably make him take a cab.

They should probably make him take a cab.

As a Malcolm Floyd owner, I hope it is 4 games!!

I'm not sure you should want that as Floyd is the clear #2, but if Naanee gets a chance to be the #2 for 2-4 weeks, then there's a chance that Floyd falls down the depth chart.

I will take my chances with Floyd. I have a feeling he will be a sleeper this year.

I heard on San Diego Sports Radio that the suspension will probably be two games although it could be as many as four games if Goodell is in a bad mood.

Is this on par with Big Ben? I agree with Jacksons' it just seems Bens' is waaaay low if this is true.

Is this on par with Big Ben? I agree with Jacksons' it just seems Bens' is waaaay low if this is true.

Roethlisberger is suspended for drawing negative attention to the NFL.

Vincent Jackson has multiple DUI/DWI's, and was pulled over while with a suspended license...

Vincent Jackson has multiple DUI/DWI's, and was pulled over while with a suspended license...

I wish i could walk around with my wiener hanging out of my pants in clubs and not have to go to work for 6 days

or

I wish i could get several DUI/DWI and get pulled over with a suspended license and not have to go to work for 4

I wish i could walk around with my wiener hanging out of my pants in clubs and not have to go to work for 6 days

or

I wish i could get several DUI/DWI and get pulled over with a suspended license and not have to go to work for 4

Your wish can come true. Only thing is that you might get more than 6 and 4 days. You might just get let go all together. :wacko:

Edited by electricrelish

I'm clear on the offenses. (Not being an ***). My question still stands tho'. I guess the DUI's are felonies, but there are degrees of those as well...I do realize Ben wasn't charged. It still seems in-congruent.

Edited by boltnlava

Prediction:

Vincent Jackson will get 4 game suspension.

Vincent Jackson will appeal.

Vincent Jackson pulled over for DUI on way to appeal hearing.

Vincent Jackson loses appeal.

Vincent Jackson will get an additional 4 game suspension.

or

In most cases' I'm with ya, but Ben's gonna lose about $3 million during his time off. You wish that part too?

I'm clear on the offenses. (Not being an ***). My question still stands tho'. I guess the DUI's are felonies, but there are degrees of those as well...I do realize Ben wasn't charged. It still seems in-congruent.

Yeah, I know you weren't. I think the fact that Jackson has multuple felony arrests, then drives with a suspended license will weigh heavily. It's bee proven twice that he committed a felony, and after the second time, he didn't learn his lesson and was still driving around. His luck is running out this time.

Yeah, I know you weren't. I think the fact that Jackson has multuple felony arrests, then drives with a suspended license will weigh heavily. It's bee proven twice that he committed a felony, and after the second time, he didn't learn his lesson and was still driving around. His luck is running out this time.

OK - Without removing the knucklehead factor which he clearly exhibits at times.

He has two misdemeanor convictions, and has fulfilled his sentencing (see docs original post). He was stopped for loud music, not speeding or any other form of reckless driving (a lot of guys fire themselves up with pre-game tunes) and if he was a schmuck or slacker, AJ would have disappeared him already.

I don't really put him in the dirt bag zone, the team has been very pleased with his work ethic, how he treats his teammates and also believe he is trying to be a true character guy. He has a lot to learn but he is trying in my humble opinion. He should be HUGH again this year if you can work around 3 or 4 games (including bye).

Isn't like he is going out getting girls drunk and raping them... ALEGEDLY :wacko:

This is 6/16 of his annual schedule with corresponding salary, which would amount to 137 days, so 19.5 weeks, so 4.5 months for the working stiffs. If you make 50k a year that's a $18,750 suspension - double+ that for six-figures.

No thanks, I'll keep mine in my pants.