[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little beer shopping tonight

Puddy

Fixed.

She came home with a couple bottles of the Lips of Faith series. Gotta keep her around for another week or two.

If you have not had them, the following are excellent from New Belgium:

Dunkelweiss

Clutch

Sahti

La Folie

Belgian Style Blonde

Meh...Sam Adams Light is the best light beer I've had. Most others have very little body imo.

This, but SA's is a far from a "light" beer as you can get. Check out the calorie and carb totals. Thus a good tasting "light". If there is such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
This, but SA's is a far from a "light" beer as you can get. Check out the calorie and carb totals. Thus a good tasting "light". If there is such a thing.

This. It's the one we sell at Dos P, but the main reason it doesn't suck is because it's really not actually a light beer at all.

This. It's the one we sell at Dos P, but the main reason it doesn't suck is because it's really not actually a light beer at all.

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. A couple of years ago I remember reading a list of the best beers from a nutrition standpoint (i.e. calories and carbs) and the only two in the top 10 or so that I even consider beer was Sam Adams Light and Guiness. So I looked up the nutrition info for Sam Adams Light and Bud Light.

SA Light

Bud Light

14 more calories and 2.7 more carbs per bottle doesn't seem like a hugh jump. Especially for the difference in taste.

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. A couple of years ago I remember reading a list of the best beers from a nutrition standpoint (i.e. calories and carbs) and the only two in the top 10 or so that I even consider beer was Sam Adams Light and Guiness. So I looked up the nutrition info for Sam Adams Light and Bud Light.

SA Light

Bud Light

14 more calories and 2.7 more carbs per bottle doesn't seem like a hugh jump. Especially for the difference in taste.

Interesting.

SA Light

Bud Light

:rofl::tup::wacko::lol: wow, cool, didn't know that. last I read, SA was the highest in both as far as "lights" go.

Guiness makes a light? oh the hughmanity, not that I drink a lot of Guiness anyway, but just doesn't seem right in my wittle brain.

Guiness makes a light? oh the hughmanity, not that I drink a lot of Guiness anyway, but just doesn't seem right in my wittle brain.

Nah....just their normal stout ranked #10 or so. Surprised me as well.

Guinness

So basically if you are watching your calories and want decent beer Guinness and Sam Adams Light are the two to stock your fridge with.

Edited by Puddy

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a week in Salt Lake. If you have not tried them, the beers from Epic Brewing Exponential Series are truly outstanding. Each is a fantastic representation of the style. Their fall beer, Fest Devious, this year is a Scotch Ale. I'd put it right up there with Old Chub. The Smoked and Oaked Belgian Strong Ale has got to be my favorite. Complex and yummy all at once.

This year's Left Hand Brewing Company's Fade To Black is a chili porter...

Described as “subtle heat, mixed with light fruit from the peppers” This years edition will clock in at 8.5% abv.

If you remember, last year's was a Smoked Baltic Porter...

kinda cool they change the recipe while keeping the same name...or if you didn't know and thought you were getting the Smoked, you might be in for a surprise...