[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little beer shopping tonight

Puddy

I had a Bohemian Chocolate Stout last night and it was very good. I'm in Mexico this week so I'm not sure if it's available in the states but I am going to check when I return.

Interesting. I've never seen it. The only "unique" beer I ever see out of Mexico is the Noche Bueno from, I think, the guys who make Dos Equis.

Jester King is making some awesome beers out of Austin, TX :wacko:

Commercial Suicide has got to be the best low-alcohol beer I have ever had. I don't know how they got that much malt in there while keeping the abv low

Wytchmaker is a bottled carbonated IPA that rivals Dogfish Squall

Black Metal is a Russian Imperial Stout - tasty now, but really should age. A bit harsher than the Stone IRS.

Det - your inbox is full

Jester King is making some awesome beers out of Austin, TX :wacko:

Commercial Suicide has got to be the best low-alcohol beer I have ever had. I don't know how they got that much malt in there while keeping the abv low

Wytchmaker is a bottled carbonated IPA that rivals Dogfish Squall

Black Metal is a Russian Imperial Stout - tasty now, but really should age. A bit harsher than the Stone IRS.

Det - your inbox is full

handled

Love this time of year! The seasonals are in full swing. Ninkasi has a Double Dark Alt called SleighR that is out of bounds! At 7.2 it is sneaky as it is very drinkable in mass. Also, Hales has a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale I can't seem to get enough of. Did I say I love this time of year for beer? :wacko: .

Love this time of year! The seasonals are in full swing. Ninkasi has a Double Dark Alt called SleighR that is out of bounds! At 7.2 it is sneaky as it is very drinkable in mass. Also, Hales has a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale I can't seem to get enough of. Did I say I love this time of year for beer? :wacko: .

Had a Dragonmead Under the Kilt Wee Heavy on Sunday. Interesting beer that I enjoyed.

Brewed 10 gallons of a clone recipe on Saturday....it turned out very very similar to the real thing last year.

Two great tastes that taste great together.

I had a 750 sample of Liefman's Cherry Lambic kicking around that I decided to fire open and share with the staff tonight. Which, btw, was effing lovely. Really a rather perfect beer.

At any rate, I also had a sample of the Harpoon Chocolate Stout that I hadn't tried so I fired that open. Nice enough. Very solid beer that I'm sure we can do something with.

Then I was reminded of how many people have told me about mixing cherry lambics with chocolate stout and mixed the two. Pretty tasty indeed.

Over Christmas I drank some Oskar Blues Imperial Red on tap that was very tasty. :tup:

Just got done brewing 10 gallons of a Strong Belgium Dubbel pitched with Belgian Yeast from the local brewery that just got done transferring their Trippel. Today, I also brewed up 10 gallons of an authentic Kolcsh pitched with yeast from the other local brewery that makes great Euorpean style beers. Chuckanut Brewery is making a big splash in the American beer industry right now by toning down, or more accurately outright ignoring, the West Coast American Style and making super delicious and consistent clear and crispy German beers. Their pilsener is like crack.

Not a big fan of Kolsch, but I co-op with the neighbors.

Superbowl party will be fun, with the keggerator having 4 beers on tap (Dubbel, Kolsch, Ninkasi's Sleighr Ride Clone, and a NW hoppy amber/pale/IPA). :wacko:

Just tapped a keg of Bell's Expedition Stout that I've been sitting on for a year +. Damned stuff is like motor oil but way more enjoyable now than the bottles off the same batch I tried when it was released.

Also tapped a year old 1/6 barrel of Highland Tasgall Scotch Ale. Nice and malty.