[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teacher beats on 13-year-old student (w/ video)...

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/100510-vi...-office_7473289

HOUSTON - It's a story you saw First on FOX: A charter school has fired one of its teachers -- accused of beating up a student on video.

A classmate captured the entire incident on their cell phone.

The teacher in question, identified by school officials as Sherri Davis, was officially terminated on Monday night.

“Now that officials at Jamie’s House Charter School have been able to review the video on Fox News, we are horrified at the actions of the teacher,” principal David Jones said in a statement.

The video, shared with FOX 26 News by a parent, shows a sixth grade student being kicked and pummeled. The student's parent says the video is now in the hands of Harris County Sheriff's investigators. She says the teacher attacked 13-year-old Isaiah Johnson at the north Harris County charter school in late April.

"I'm horrified. I just can't believe something like that would happen to my child," Alesha Johnson told FOX 26 News.

The attack goes on for nearly a minute. Isaiah Johnson said it felt much longer.

"I was on the wall like this trying to get away from her and she started hitting me, banging my head to the wall and kicking me," Isaiah said.

"He's had a knot on his head for a week. He had a black eye, bruises on his cheek," Alesha added.

Other children in the class were watching and videotaping the attack. You can even hear some laughing.

The alleged incident happened just after TAKS testing two weeks ago.

Isaiah Johnson said it all started as he and other classmates watched and laughed as a mentally challenged girl danced.

That's when he says the teacher attacked the 13-year-old. Isaiah said he was beaten by the teacher, with other teachers looking on, right there in the classroom.

"The teachers piled up and they were looking over each others shoulders just watching," Isaiah said.

David Jones, the principal of the school, released a statement later in the day.

"There is no excuse for a teacher to behave in this way with a child," Jones said. "Although we had already removed the teacher from the classroom and put her on administrative duty, we now plan to terminate the teacher and make an apology to the student and his mother."

Jones said the school will be investigating whether other teachers saw the incident and did not report it.

Alesha Johnson has taken the tape and filed criminal charges with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Jamie's House Charter School is a Texas Accredited Charter School. It opened in 1999 and is currently in good standing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A charter school has fired one of its teachers -- accused of beating up a student on video.

And Atomic wants to send his kids to one of these torture chambers. .

DON'T DO IT!

Edited by SheikYerbuti

WOW :wacko:

I think if he wanted to, he coulda beat that bitches ass... I didn't really see her land a punch, we'll have to go to the judges for a punch count...

Hey, Atomic, I would go charter school all the way. The teachers seem to be level headed and caring.

Hey, Atomic, I would go charter school all the way. The teachers seem to be level headed and caring.

Just make sure your kid's got a knofe in his lunchbox.

Anyone else think this all seems rather odd...in fact that there's something we don't know here and it's being manipulated/twisted somehow? Not to excuse the teacher by any means, but the video shows perhaps one actual "hit" that might have even hurt in the slightest and not one truly serious blow - mostly it shows her grabbing him by the leg and dragging him out of the corner, then taking a few pathetic little swipes which don't even connect. But they act like she went Terminator on the kid. And everyone else just watching sounds very odd, esp the all kids, some who even laughed. And where's the kid's alleged black eye? I think mom is licking her chops at the free money she stands to get from this "horrific attack," like so many before her. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was all set up by the kid and his mom and the teacher.

Edited by BeeR

Isaiah Johnson said it all started as he and other classmates watched and laughed as a mentally challenged girl danced.

That's when he says the teacher attacked the 13-year-old. Isaiah said he was beaten by the teacher, with other teachers looking on, right there in the classroom.

I might have beaten the kid too if he was teasing a mentally handicapped little girl.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was all set up by the kid and his mom and the teacher.

I like it better when a hot chick washes the teacher's muddy jeep and then allegedly has sex with him, only really doesn't and breaks down in court so the teacher can sue the rich family for dragging his name through the mud and then they all end up somewhere in the islands only the random chick who everyone thinks is stupid is really behind it all and kills the teacher dude after she disposes of Kevin Bacon.

Makes way more sense.

yeah you definitely get the feeling that somehow the little f'er had it coming, and then some.

If you watch the video, it appears that he is smiling and laughing during a great deal of the encounter.

I might have beaten the kid too if he was teasing a mentally handicapped little girl.

yup

+1

Kid deserved to get smacked around a little bit...

We've encountered situations like this but, thankfully, hardly ever from teenagers or kids in middle/high school. It is usually adults. Younger kids either bluntly ask what is wrong with him/her out of curiosity. I welcome these questions all the time because it gives us a chance to explain.

I remember sitting in the waiting room of Georgetown Hospital with my son the morning of his surgery for his Adenoids and these two older ladies kept making comments:

"I wonder what's wrong with him?"

"Isn't it obvious, he's retarded."

"Yes, but he doesn't look like he has down syndrome."

"Well, it could be 'X'"

ect, ect.

I look at my son and went:

"They both look fat and old, I wonder if it is because of overeating?"

That being said, no matter how hateful the words are that come out of a kids mouth, they never justify what this teacher did. She broke the teacher/student trust and relationship.

I like it better when a hot chick washes the teacher's muddy jeep and then allegedly has sex with him, only really doesn't and breaks down in court so the teacher can sue the rich family for dragging his name through the mud and then they all end up somewhere in the islands only the random chick who everyone thinks is stupid is really behind it all and kills the teacher dude after she disposes of Kevin Bacon.

Makes way more sense.

You're right; what I said is completely beyond the realm of possibility. After all, nobody in this country cooks up schemes to sue and get free money.

I was also going to say something about how the little POS more than earned a few good whacks to say the least, but knowing how easily some people here get their panties in knots, decided against it.

How many 13-year olds you think you could beat up all at once? And I mean if you were surrounded by them...not if they came at you one at a time.

My guess....4. Maybe 5. I'd love every second of it.

How many 13-year olds you think you could beat up all at once? And I mean if you were surrounded by them...not if they came at you one at a time.

My guess....4. Maybe 5. I'd love every second of it.

I would have guessed 16 or so since you are a 7th level wizard.

We've encountered situations like this but, thankfully, hardly ever from teenagers or kids in middle/high school. It is usually adults.

Yup but my son has had some trouble with kids at school already. After talking to teachers , the other kids parents and the principal the oldest brother fixed the problem so that he can play on the playground without getting harassed for walking and talking funny.

Oh come on. The little crapola had a beating coming. How far do you think that teacher had to be pushed to get to that stage of frustration/anger? And 13 in the 6th grade? He's already been left behind at least one year, possibly two. Look at the mother (nice eyebrow piercing)! Does it appear that she gives any kind of discipline at home? Not. Where's the outraged father? You figure it out. He's nowhere around, that's where he is.

And isn't that laughter in the background from the other miscreants, laughing at the teacher and the student? That must be some fine, fine school. Looks to me like they need some good old fashioned Catholic school nuns in there to put some of the fear of God into some of these little criminals.

Just my :wacko: