[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

public service announcement

muck

There were some kids at my high school back in the day that got a hold of some dry ice pellets. They would put them in 2-liter plastc bottles with a little bit of water, and then stuff them in people mailboxes. Blow them sky high. There was a big fuss about it at the time, the police investigated, but nobody ever got caught.

We used to blow up bottles with dry ice when I was a kid. Very easy to do & pretty destructive for what it is. Most of the time though the bottles explode on their own though. Every now & then you get one that just swells, but it's pretty obvious there is pressure build-up in the bottle. You can do a youtube search for dry ice bombs to see what they can do.

ETA: Yes, I was a "punk" in my youth, but I never did anything to cause anyone harm.

Edited by rajncajn

We used to blow up bottles with dry ice when I was a kid. Very easy to do & pretty destructive for what it is. Most of the time though the bottles explode on their own though. Every now & then you get one that just swells, but it's pretty obvious there is pressure build-up in the bottle. You can do a youtube search for dry ice bombs to see what they can do.

ETA: Yes, I was a "punk" in my youth, but I never did anything to cause anyone harm.

the issue may be more a function of the relative strength of plastic bottles. If they didn;t have such a high failure point, the explosive power would be much less.

I have seen people put strips of aluminum into plastic bottles with hydrochloric acid and make a "b0mb" that way. The reaction causes the bottle to expand to the point it bursts and releases a cloud of gas.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TRY THIS AS IT IS DANGEROUS AND CAN GET YOU IN TROUBLE :wacko:

I have seen people put strips of aluminum into plastic bottles with hydrochloric acid and make a "b0mb" that way. The reaction causes the bottle to expand to the point it bursts and releases a cloud of gas.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TRY THIS AS IT IS DANGEROUS AND CAN GET YOU IN TROUBLE :tup:

Yeah, the aluminum foil in Drano trick actually creates hydrogen gas, so if you leave it near an ignition source, there's a huge fireball when it goes off.

:wacko: in theory... :tup: