[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I AM PISSED!

FWmaker

Haven't been 'round much, even after tax season. But needed to air something, and what better place to do it but here?

I had a 39 mo. lease on a '07 Nissan Murano. It was ending 5/2010. So in Jan, 2010, I started getting some pretty foul smoke out of the exhaust when first starting up the engine. Brought it to my service station (not Nissan). He said oil had been leaking to exhaust system. Did oil change and advised me to go to Nissan as it should still be under warranty. Note, I had 23,400 mi (less than 8k /yr). My mechanic had done all the oil changes (at approx 3k mi intervals - sometimes less). He feared seals were bad and that he'd have min bill of 3,000 - 3,500 to pull out engine, etc. Brought car to Nissan (where I leased from) w/ repair records. They said blown engine and that it should be covered, no prob. BUT cannot do as there was a backlog. I would have to wait til March. Request for immediate loaner was rebuffed. Said it was ok to use car, just watch oil level. I was heading into tax season and was infuriated as I depended on the car at this time more than ever. So Nissan kept the work order open so that it would remain w/in the warranty period.

Finally, at end of Mar., they could get me in. They opened up engine cover & dropped oil pan. Found "sludge" in there and supposedly took pictures. Also said that cam was scored, did compression test and "cylinder 3 piston oil ring collapse" (only 70 psi compression).

They sent these results and my service records to their regional warranty area. Who denied my warranty claim due to lack of maintenance. Even w/ the maintenance records. They also did not like the fact that the bills were hand written (not entire bill, but car/owner info & work done) - in other words, not a computer generated bill. My station does all bills like that, including the brakes/inspection I just did. Yes, the car passed inspection in it's current condition. All efforts so far have failed, even w/ upper mgmt in corporate offices. I've documented everything. Next step is better business bureau. Once denied, the service mgr quoted me to put new engine in for $10,500. Yellow Submarine!!! All this for a vehicle I was turning back in.

During these later stages, their dealership kept calling me to sell/lease me another Nissan. Well, you know where I went w/ that!

Well - planning to turn car in, needed a Nissan (agent) inspection. Passed w/ flying colors. Dropped the car off w/ the keys. Now waiting to see if Nissan tries to bill me.

I don't know, there was a time when if you brought your car to a dealership, the service mgr would break his back to get it covered by warranty so that they can keep a customer. They'd even go as far as clean up or mask the problem just to get the warranty work and get paid by corporate office.

Prior to this mess, was exceedingly happy w/ the Murano. Was going to get another Nissan - or at least seriously consider it. Probably an X-Terra.

Now, am happy w/ my new Subaru Forester XLT.

Haven't been 'round much, even after tax season. But needed to air something, and what better place to do it but here?

I had a 39 mo. lease on a '07 Nissan Murano. It was ending 5/2010. So in Jan, 2010, I started getting some pretty foul smoke out of the exhaust when first starting up the engine. Brought it to my service station (not Nissan). He said oil had been leaking to exhaust system. Did oil change and advised me to go to Nissan as it should still be under warranty. Note, I had 23,400 mi (less than 8k /yr). My mechanic had done all the oil changes (at approx 3k mi intervals - sometimes less). He feared seals were bad and that he'd have min bill of 3,000 - 3,500 to pull out engine, etc. Brought car to Nissan (where I leased from) w/ repair records. They said blown engine and that it should be covered, no prob. BUT cannot do as there was a backlog. I would have to wait til March. Request for immediate loaner was rebuffed. Said it was ok to use car, just watch oil level. I was heading into tax season and was infuriated as I depended on the car at this time more than ever. So Nissan kept the work order open so that it would remain w/in the warranty period.

Finally, at end of Mar., they could get me in. They opened up engine cover & dropped oil pan. Found "sludge" in there and supposedly took pictures. Also said that cam was scored, did compression test and "cylinder 3 piston oil ring collapse" (only 70 psi compression).

They sent these results and my service records to their regional warranty area. Who denied my warranty claim due to lack of maintenance. Even w/ the maintenance records. They also did not like the fact that the bills were hand written (not entire bill, but car/owner info & work done) - in other words, not a computer generated bill. My station does all bills like that, including the brakes/inspection I just did. Yes, the car passed inspection in it's current condition. All efforts so far have failed, even w/ upper mgmt in corporate offices. I've documented everything. Next step is better business bureau. Once denied, the service mgr quoted me to put new engine in for $10,500. Yellow Submarine!!! All this for a vehicle I was turning back in.

During these later stages, their dealership kept calling me to sell/lease me another Nissan. Well, you know where I went w/ that!

Well - planning to turn car in, needed a Nissan (agent) inspection. Passed w/ flying colors. Dropped the car off w/ the keys. Now waiting to see if Nissan tries to bill me.

I don't know, there was a time when if you brought your car to a dealership, the service mgr would break his back to get it covered by warranty so that they can keep a customer. They'd even go as far as clean up or mask the problem just to get the warranty work and get paid by corporate office.

Prior to this mess, was exceedingly happy w/ the Murano. Was going to get another Nissan - or at least seriously consider it. Probably an X-Terra.

I had hugh problems dealing with an issue on my infiniti (nissan product), so I figured I would take it to Nissan to get maintenance/work done on it... They were just as bad. I was also in the market for a new car at the time but so pissed at both infiniti and nissan I bought a VW touareg... I'll NEVER own another VW. Toyota's from now on, those people and cars are great.

So...what kind of issues did you have? I only ask because I own a touareg and need to know what's in store. :wacko:

It all happens around 43K, you'll find out, you will, I'm certain of it.

P.S. be sure to get the pipes that drain water from the roof cleaned out, regularly. Bet you didn't know you had those, did ya?

I have a 2006 or 05, can't remember right now. Any how, at around 43K, after the warranty has run out, I was driving North on I-75 Between exits 254 and 255, it is slightly up hill. I'm running about 80 in the fast lane. Since I'm going up hill I have to get on the gas a bit to ensure I maintain speed, there is no acceleration and I start to slow. The car kinfd of starts sputtering, so I'm like, "Oh, Penny Lane, I gotta get over"... I do, make it to the W. Paces Ferry Exit and pull into the wachovia right there at the exit. Have the car towed in, throttle body went out... 3 months later, same thing, different place.

About three months later we come back from a two week vacation. Get in on saturday and decide to go and meet my parents for breakfast on sunday, we haven't driven or been in the car as we had a service take us an pick us uip from the airport. Hop in the VW, there is a weird sound in the car, sounds like a freking animal is running around in the back every time we turn or slow down. All of a sudden the blinkers start flashing, windows seize up, doors unlock, rear trunk pops open (didn't swing up but you could hear it unlatch). and the car becomes real sluggish. I tke the car straight to the dealership, they are closed on Sunday. Turn the car off, lights won't go off, blinkers won't go off, car won't lock, etc... I go to the back of the car to get a couple of things out since the car won't lock and notice it is soaking freaking wet (we live in an old historic house so we don't have a garage). We can't nor could vw determine if one event caused this or if there were actually two issues that happened. The water was from where the drains had backed up and water had flowed into the back of the car, the head liner was soaked, the side wall liner was soaked (in the cargo area) and the floor of the cargo area was soaked. The well where the spare is was full of water, that was the sound we heard when stopping or turning. Along with this, the electrical system was shot. Had to replace all of the headliner and padding, the carpet in the cargo area, etc... I'm not sure they did a good job because the car on occasion still smells moldy. Go the electrical system fixed. Three months later, the throttle body went out, again...

After about a year of ownership, the black paint started coming off of the window controls on the door, nice white plastic underneath. The black paint has started coming off of the controls on the steering wheel. The on board computer conitnuously tells us that a tire is flat or low, when they are not. I have had to go twice to change my wife's tires when she called telling me they were flat, when they were not.

Have you had the opportunity to have the brakes changed yet? Well, have fun with that,it's gonna cost you $1,200 plus. They put directional rotors, big ones, on these cars. VW wanted $1,800, I found another guy w. a german car repair shop to do it for like $1,230.

Don't get me wrong, when the car runs, it is one fine, fine animal. But all of the other diaper dirt that has gone one, just really pisses me off.

Edited by SEC=UGA

It all happens around 43K, you'll find out, you will, I'm certain of it.

P.S. be sure to get the pipes that drain water from the roof cleaned out, regularly. Bet you didn't know you had those, did ya?

Noted.

I'm at 22K right now and for some reason I think I got something in the mail about getting those pipes cleaned a few weeks ago.

Noted.

I'm at 22K right now and for some reason I think I got something in the mail about getting those pipes cleaned a few weeks ago.

I amended my post above, I gave you a bit more info.

But Japanese cars are so well-built and they stand behind their product so well. :wacko:

I owned American cars my entire life. Last one was a Caddy CTS. Not only was it a complete POS, but after returning a 39,000 mile lease car with 35,000 miles on it, I am now dealing with the fraud department because they forged my signature on the paperwork to show I only was entitled to 32,500 miles, and are trying to collect over mileage fees. Luckily I had my original lease documents so I shoulen't have any problems but it's a major pain in the ass.

I currently drive an Acura TL, and I flippin' love it. I will never purchase another GM product, evah.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I work in the automotive industy & you're not alone. I've seen quite a few of my customers get screwed by the dealer...even with proper documentation. They seem to work harder to not help you. I guess they can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that without their customers, they is no business. I'm sure they'll figure it out when they have to close their doors.

Edited by buddahj

Had VW Passat Wagon and man the maintenance on that thing was through the roof and only getting worse as it got more miles. At least with most cars if you do a pretty major overhaul around 45k you're good for another 45 or so but that thing kept having more stuff out of warranty go wrong.