[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB #8

DMD

Name that QB  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 8th best QB in a year of 7 good ones?

• CHI Jay Cutler
    • ATL Matt Ryan
    • WAS Donovan McNabb
    • BAL Joe Flacco
    • PHI Kevin Kolb
    • NYG Eli Manning

meh, I always thought it was kind of weird to penalize QBs for a sack. Yes sometimes it is their fault but there are plenty of other times that someone misses a blitz pickup and your guy gets blind sided. I'm all for the D getting some points but it just seems strange to drop points from a QB. :wacko:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with Flacco, I think Boldin Mason and Heap provide him enough weapons to go along with Rice

I agree. I'm a big Flacco backer this season. The Ravens have always been about defense and running the rock, but they have a QB with a cannon for an arm, and great downfield options now. Don't forget about Donte' Stallworth, too. Oh, and Mark Clayton. Oh, and Demetrius Williams. One or two of those guys may be serious contributors. And for the Heap-knockers, I wouldn't discount one of their two rookie TEs from stepping in and being a solid replacement should Heap go down in a heap.

I'm not a believer in Kevin Kolb just yet. This is a little high for him right now. I like Cutler better here then Ryan and Flacco with the offensive additions this year.

in reality, you put Flacco and Ryan over Kolb, but I am just bullish on the Eagles wide open offense and a QB who can operate it the way it's supposed to be run...plus he has several weapons..

As a lifelong Bears fan, I will give you the skinny on Cutler. From what I understand, the new playbook is 1000 pages. During the Bears' interview process for a new offensive coordinator, Cutler had picked up Martz from the airport in Tennessee and they went to Vanderbilt to discuss Martz's system. From Vandy they went out to dinner. They have been speaking glowingly of each other ever since. Cutler has been getting to mini-camp practice before practice and staying after practice with Martz breaking down film and bringing Cutler up to speed on Martz's system. Cutler already has his contract extension, he is not doing extra work for a new contract. It may be for self preservation. The offensive line is mediocre at best. If Cutler hesitates, he could be killed. It will really benefit him to make quick decisions in the pocket. I wonder if this is the reason why Martz wants an experienced back up so bad. The offensive line is pretty much the same as it was last year at the moment. Chris Williams is now the left tackle and they are supposed to move Omiyale to right tackle. Kruetz is getting a little long in the tooth. Garza is OK. I am guessing Beekman will be the other guard. To make a long story short this is the same offensive line that was getting him smacked around last year on a continuous basis. Now they will be asked to protect him longer with more 5 and 7 step drops. If you do go for Cutler, I would seriously recommend a decent back up. I have a feeling that in this system, Cutler will miss some time this year.

dabears, i applaud your honesty. :wacko: if I am falling back this low on QB, i may get 2 of these guys. of the people not on the list, matthew stafford could be a nice back up that may merrit starting vs. some match ups.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby