[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where were you born?

rattsass

This is the classic "we can never be wrong" argument. Somebody suspects 9/11 was an inside job, for instance, and all the evidence in the world won't shift them from that view because everyone and everything believing differently is a tool of the government and therefore either a liar or an accessory.

Voila, instant self-sustaining truth.

are we dragging the argument all over the place or what?....this is the typical girlfriend strategy when they have nothing else to say, so they bring up something old or something they has not been brought up at all to make a point that has no legs

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this right here is exactly why I have a problem with the conspiracy theorists. It's the self supporting circular logic that doesn't rely on outside facts to support any part of the argument. It doesn't matter that there may be bits of truth scattered in amongst the theory, if the entire argument doesn't pass the sniff test then it is flawed and will be shot down.

ETA: After reading through all the stuff that was recently posted, I will say this. There is not a single bit of hard evidence in support of this theory. There is a lot of stuff that when viewed through a certain lens can be viewed in the way that ratsass suggests, but it is all very circumstantial at best.

again, I revert back to my point made earlier about people confusing the words conspiracy and conspiracy theorist - the two have different meanings....

a conspiracy is something that has several people contesting it with facts that all point to there being a ruse and mis/disinformation about the situation...

a conspiracy theory is an extraordinary assumption delivered in an overzealous tone...

look at what Rattsass has posted and you'll see that it's on the side of conspiracy and the word theory is neglected...

Wow, so Ladyhawke was a ratsass alias? Guess we can look forward to the H8Tank Report on the front page next season.

In his defense - ratass comes across as a lot more reasonable than Ladyhawke but Avernius is seeming super Brentish

you act like you know more about what all is happening in the economy :wacko:

nope, I just see bad fundamentals - the same fundamentals that led us to where we are now....

I'm using common sense and keeping my guard up because we all can't just believe the recession is over just because the paid shills on TV say it is,....

In his defense - ratass comes across as a lot more reasonable than Ladyhawke but Avernius is seeming super Brentish

you're the one who is super....you like labeling people and offering nothing to the discussion other than name calling when you have no argument...

again, I revert back to my point made earlier about people confusing the words conspiracy and conspiracy theorist - the two have different meanings....

a conspiracy is something that has several people contesting it with facts that all point to there being a ruse and mis/disinformation about the situation...

a conspiracy theory is an extraordinary assumption delivered in an overzealous tone...

look at what Rattsass has posted and you'll see that it's on the side of conspiracy and the word theory is neglected...

I did look at what ratsass has posted. He's connecting the dots where there is no actual evidence to support that claim. So I will agree with you, it is not a theory, it is a conspiracy postulate. It will never survive the examination that would allow it to become a theory.

I did look at what ratsass has posted. He's connecting the dots where there is no actual evidence to support that claim. So I will agree with you, it is not a theory, it is a conspiracy postulate. It will never survive the examination that would allow it to become a theory.

that's because you read each line individually and believe that the people in charge have our best interests at heart?... :wacko:

correct me if I'm wrong...

that's because you read each line individually and believe that the people in charge have our best interests at heart?... :wacko:

correct me if I'm wrong...

Oh no, I'm not saying that at all. If you've read anything I've posted in the past you'll see that I believe that personal greed rules the day as far as our leaders are concerned. What's that old saying? Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I don't see a "New World Order" as the end goal of these folks, I just see them trying to line their pockets and it coming at the expense of the average American. What I refuse to do is to read more into it than is actually there.

you're the one who is super....you like labeling people and offering nothing to the discussion other than name calling when you have no argument...

Slow down now, pal. Brentish is only bad if you don't like the way he handled himself with these discussions. You've got to lay off this idea of name calling. It comes across as really defensive - especially when I haven't called you any names - except maybe 'Brentish'. You're the guy that said I needed to stop, dreaming remember - that somehow I was out of touch with reality? And not to split hairs - but your suggestion that all I am doing is attacking you is kind of an attack on me when it has no basis in reality.

You are are getting defensive and reading into posts things you want to - but you some how haven't answered a single question I asked. What more can I offer other than questions? This is not my theory. I cannot add facts. What I can do is ask questions.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Ok, so I've read through all of this diaper dirt... People in power, heads of state, business leaders, military leaders, etc... have been meeting with one anotheer for centuries. Nothing new to see here.

The one poin ton which you nailed the target is the fleecing of the American (and most probably the world) populace. The redistribution of tax money to private industry and the subsequnt hand of the government being introduced into private industry is something that is very disturbing. How the people of the US can sit back and be complacent about the bailouts received by wall street, GM, etc... is beyond my scope of understanding. To me, this is the single most sinister thing that the Bush Admin accomplished. Further, we now have an admin in office that wants to further extend these handouts, corporate/union welfare, and people are sitting back and watching it happen.

The only way to change things is to vote out all incumbents. many people may think that their guy/gal is not the problem, that it is all the others reps, but let me tell you, that thinking is what has gotten us into this situation in the first place. We need to take back the power and the way to do that is to remove those who are steeped in the Washington way, those who have entrenched themselves as the Washington elite. I ask you to please vote against your incumbent, regardless of political affiliation, vote them out. It is the only way we can begin to recover from this mockery of governance that we currently have. It will be a lost election cycle, I understand that, and the next one will be lost too, it is what we have to do to get new blood into politics. By the third cycle we can go back to electing the "most qualified" candidate, but we have to have a big shake up in the interim to put us back on a solid path. Short of marching on Washington and taking up arms, this is the only way I see to resolve our current predicament.

Ok, so I've read through all of this diaper dirt... People in power, heads of state, business leaders, military leaders, etc... have been meeting with one anotheer for centuries. Nothing new to see here.

The one poin ton which you nailed the target is the fleecing of the American (and most probably the world) populace. The redistribution of tax money to private industry and the subsequnt hand of the government being introduced into private industry is something that is very disturbing. How the people of the US can sit back and be complacent about the bailouts received by wall street, GM, etc... is beyond my scope of understanding. To me, this is the single most sinister thing that the Bush Admin accomplished. Further, we now have an admin in office that wants to further extend these handouts, corporate/union welfare, and people are sitting back and watching it happen.

The only way to change things is to vote out all incumbents. many people may think that their guy/gal is not the problem, that it is all the others reps, but let me tell you, that thinking is what has gotten us into this situation in the first place. We need to take back the power and the way to do that is to remove those who are steeped in the Washington way, those who have entrenched themselves as the Washington elite. I ask you to please vote against your incumbent, regardless of political affiliation, vote them out. It is the only way we can begin to recover from this mockery of governance that we currently have. It will be a lost election cycle, I understand that, and the next one will be lost too, it is what we have to do to get new blood into politics. By the third cycle we can go back to electing the "most qualified" candidate, but we have to have a big shake up in the interim to put us back on a solid path. Short of marching on Washington and taking up arms, this is the only way I see to resolve our current predicament.

It took 8 FREAKING pages of dialogue but I finally hit the motherlode. THANK YOU SEC-UGA. Now, all we have to do is convince the other people on this board and we are off and running. Hallelujah.

Let me say this--the whole 9/11 Conspiracy stuff is nonsense. Why in the world would the economic elite want to invade Afghanistan?

:tup: <-- link

:wacko:

And right back into the muck we go. Oh brother.

It took 8 FREAKING pages of dialogue but I finally hit the motherlode. THANK YOU SEC-UGA. Now, all we have to do is convince the other people on this board and we are off and running. Hallelujah.

You convinced me. When do we start the revolution?

Good. So is this fishing expedition over then?

First thing I do is take the cigarettes away from Obama. That should get me the nuclear codes within 8 minutes. Ratsass, I want you to take care of Biden. Ask him what 3x4 is...that should distract him for a few hours. Then, we move on to Pelosi. Tell her she has a wrinkle popping up from that plastic.

Let me say this--the whole 9/11 Conspiracy stuff is nonsense. Why in the world would the economic elite want to invade Afghanistan?

:tup: <-- link

:wacko:

Yeah, saw that this morning... was waiting on someone to post that up.

Good. So is this fishing expedition over then?

All I am fishing for is a few good Americans that give a RATTSASS about our future. I found a couple. But mostly I found people that want to argue about the past. Hopefully this extended venture will at least open a few eyes. Maybe people will start to realize that the two parties Tailgaters like to argue against or defend are really both useless props, neither is worthy of defending.

I realize I am fighting an uphill battle. To make people realize that WE must take control of our country. We must reallize who our TRUE enemies are and dispose of them as our Constitution allows.

I'm really sorry if all this has annoyed your sensibilities, but I am more pissed off that my fellow Americans aren't more pissed off about how we have been compromised. We need to take action, and if I have inspired even one of you to at least examine where we are and where we are headed, it has all been worth it.

And TimC: I think the revolution has already started. We will find out for sure in November. Let's make it happen.

Step 1: Do not vote for the candidate that has raised the most campaign money. If they are being overly financed by big business or the national party, that is a great sign of trouble to come.

And TimC: I think the revolution has already started. We will find out for sure in November. Let's make it happen.

Did George Washington and Thomas Jefferson sit around on the innernets waiting for November to vote themselves to power? Heck no....they took control and kicked ass of the people in power right now. I'll be in DC for the next 2 weeks doing a systems conversion and probably bored out of my mind. We need to start at the Newseum...which is the building I'll be in...and work our way outward.

First you control the media and the news. What better place than the Newseum to start? Sure beats sitting in a hotel room playing Pokerstars.

All I am fishing for is a few good Americans that give a RATTSASS about our future. I found a couple. But mostly I found people that want to argue about the past. Hopefully this extended venture will at least open a few eyes. Maybe people will start to realize that the two parties Tailgaters like to argue against or defend are really both useless props, neither is worthy of defending.

I realize I am fighting an uphill battle. To make people realize that WE must take control of our country. We must reallize who our TRUE enemies are and dispose of them as our Constitution allows.

I'm really sorry if all this has annoyed your sensibilities, but I am more pissed off that my fellow Americans aren't more pissed off about how we have been compromised. We need to take action, and if I have inspired even one of you to at least examine where we are and where we are headed, it has all been worth it.

Step 1: Do not vote for the candidate that has raised the most campaign money. If they are being overly financed by big business or the national party, that is a great sign of trouble to come.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you propose that people do about it. IF what you are arguing is true, then who we elect to office will have little impact on the structure such as it is. You want to do something about it? Turn off your television, support local farmers markets, get off the grid...

I'm not exactly sure what it is you propose that people do about it. IF what you are arguing is true, then who we elect to office will have little impact on the structure such as it is. You want to do something about it? Turn off your television, support local farmers markets, get off the grid...

See my post. I'm talking about real hope and change. You'd better hope you know how to make grits and sweet tea or I will change you.

ETA: Seriously, I had to pack a jug of sweet tea for my trip today. You can't find sweet tea north of Fredericksburg. God, I hate those people so.

Edited by TimC

Are you proposing that we completely ignore what is going on in the world around us, well, the world outside of our community? That is no solution, that is simply hiding your head in the sand and pretending that all is ok...

If I've misunderstood, please elaborate.