[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we secure the border, you will have no reason to vote for immigration reform

Perchoutofwater

Ahhhhh. Well I don't think the both are inherently glued together but I can see how somebody could derive to that line of thinking. wait....I guess I have made the same allegation. Not on purpose of course but certainly in this thread. Egad. But hey it is what it is. Usually people that are against the Arizona law are of the same line of thinking that Amnesty is the proper course this country should take. Maybe because they are not intelligently informed? I dunno but it is what it is I suppose.

I dont like the Arizona law because of the powers it grants to the Police and the hugh amounts of litigation that will arise from it. :wacko: I also am against amnesty and think that the border needs tightening up, yet I also know that the border is more secure now than it has been in years . . . .

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet I also know that the border is more secure now than it has been in years . . . .

One of the few things Bush did RIGHT. Where is he now? Probably sipping Cognac and smoking Cuban cigars with his father watching video tape of Huseein's hanging.

I just dont see how not liking the Arizona law= advocating blanket amnesty :wacko: And that seems to be the prevaling thought process here.

Well . . that and asinine "Obamessiah" cracks . . . .

I apologize for the Obamessiah cracks. Mr. Obama blows as POTUS. Better?

Az and perch made it seem that if you didnt support the Arizona law and its intent to secure the border than you are for amnesty earlier in this thread . .

I am fairly certain I said no such thing, and you are just making chit up. I said that obama's approach is to favor amnesty, and to wrap that up with securing the border as some sort of "comprehensive" reform. my argument is that amnesty of any sort should not even be on the table until the border is a helluva lot more secure than it is now. if you want to argue against that position, go for it, but if you're going to invoke my name please keep it to things I've actually said.

Az and perch made it seem that if you didnt support the Arizona law and its intent to secure the border than you are for amnesty

I am fairly certain I said no such thing, and you are just making chit up. I said that obama's approach is to favor amnesty,

Thanks for clearing that up.

:wacko:

Oh please. There is a real federal versus state power issue here. They are doing exactly what they should be doing. And the courts will ultimately decide.

Was this a quote from 1861?

Why not have the best of both worlds? The Federal Government won't take all my money and I get nothing in return and I get to keep bushwacked out in mah shed for barn lovin'.

Tell me again why do we even have state lines anymore? Or, better yet, drill even deeper and explain why counties and cities even exist. Or will exist in 25 years. Hell, think of all the beauracracy we'll save by getting rid of all those county and state workers sitting around doing nothing while the Federal Government controls everything.

Below is a quote from me back in 2006 prior to the Dems taking control of congress, and prior to Obama being a significant player on the national scene. The question posed was "If you were to run for office what would your top three issues be?" I just wanted to point out to my liberal friends here that I was pretty much complaining about the same things then as I am now.

1. Keep as strong military

2. Border Control

3A. Cutting the size of government by cutting all the fluff and pork like NPR, PBS, ETA, and devise a plan to humanely do away with most welfare programs except for those for the physically and mentally handicapped.

3B. Try to get the "Fair Tax" passed.

I am fairly certain I said no such thing, and you are just making chit up. I said that obama's approach is to favor amnesty, and to wrap that up with securing the border as some sort of "comprehensive" reform. my argument is that amnesty of any sort should not even be on the table until the border is a helluva lot more secure than it is now. if you want to argue against that position, go for it, but if you're going to invoke my name please keep it to things I've actually said.

I am fairly certain you have reading comprehension issues.

I stated that you made it seem that to oppose the Arizona Law means that amnesty is eminent. If you read all your posts in this thread, you just continue to rant about amnesty. :wacko: You never admit error in any post so I know this will fall on deaf ears . . . but hey . . . you are the man Az!

Perch . . thank you for your consistency. :tup:

I am fairly certain you have reading comprehension issues.

I stated that you made it seem that ...

if you can't discern the difference between what I actually said and what you think it seems like I said, you should probably be worrying about your own reading comprehension issues. dolt.

Most Illegal Aliens Exempt From “Mandatory Detention”

Last Updated: Wed, 07/07/2010 - 12:51pm

Although he claims that enforcing immigration laws is vital to national security and public safety, the Assistant Secretary of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) circulated an internal memo ordering officers not to arrest a broad range of illegal aliens he deems immune from “mandatory detention.”

Field office directors “should not expend detention resources on aliens who are known to be suffering from serious physical or mental illness, or who are disabled, elderly, pregnant, or nursing, or demonstrate that they are primary caretakers of children or an infirm person, or whose detention is otherwise not in the public interest,” according to a memorandum issued by ICE Assistant Secretary John Morton.

That’s because the Homeland Security agency has “limited resources” and must prioritize the use of its enforcement personnel and detention space. Therefore, illegal immigrants that fall into the above referenced category are “not subject to mandatory detention,” according to Morton, who also writes that “particular care” should be given when dealing with the immediate family members of U.S. citizens.

Morton further points out in the four-page memo that the agency only has the resources to remove less than 4% of undocumented people living in the U.S. Thus the justification for ignoring the other several million, even if it compromises national security, public safety and all those other important things.

Days after the agency charged with immigration enforcement admits it can’t--or won't--get the job done, the Obama Administration sues Arizona for passing a law that “unconstitutionally” intervenes with the government’s authority to do it. The measure, which makes it a state crime to be in the U.S. illegally and bans “sanctuary city” policies, interferes with federal immigration responsibilities, according to Attorney General Eric Holder.

"Arizonans are understandably frustrated with illegal immigration and the federal government has a responsibility to comprehensively address those concerns," Holder said after filing the lawsuit in Phoenix this week. He added that “setting immigration policy and enforcing immigration laws is a national responsibility.”

Not surprisingly, Holder didn’t address the shameful ICE memo that reveals the federal government is in fact ignoring its responsibility when it comes to immigration enforcement. That means more states will probably follow Arizona’s lead in creating their own measures and the feds will spend more tax dollars to fight them.

Link

The federal government admits it can't do the job, tells it's enforcement officials not to do the job, and then piles on a state that is willing to do the work for them. I wish the people in Washington would man up and do what the law requires. F'n politicians I'm beginning to hate them all.

if you can't discern the difference between what I actually said and what you think it seems like I said, you should probably be worrying about your own reading comprehension issues. dolt.

Are you that incapable of discussion without insult? :tup:

Link

The federal government admits it can't do the job, tells it's enforcement officials not to do the job, and then piles on a state that is willing to do the work for them. I wish the people in Washington would man up and do what the law requires. F'n politicians I'm beginning to hate them all.

If you're just beginning to hate them all then you're behind the curve, dude. Tubby Gibbs was asked in the press conference a couple days ago why fedgov wasn't suing all of the sanctuary cities for taking immigration law into their own hands. This is proof of the political decision behind enforcing or not enforcing this law. I wish the press would really go after this, but they won't rock the establishment vote.

and what was his answer?

"umm, well, umm, I'll have to get back to you. I don't have an answer for that right now." He looked down at his notes on the lectern the whole time. That has to embarrass anyone with the tiniest shred of integrity as it's been made plain that they only care about the fed law being usurped if it clashes with their politics. This nation is becoming more of a banana republic every day.

"umm, well, umm, I'll have to get back to you. I don't have an answer for that right now." He looked down at his notes on the lectern the whole time. That has to embarrass anyone with the tiniest shred of integrity as it's been made plain that they only care about the fed law being usurped if it clashes with their politics. This nation is becoming more of a banana republic every day.

I like the portrayal of "tubby gibbs" in

:tup:

I wonder if he'll actually get back to anyone on that question. :wacko:

DOJ to pursue law suit agaisnt Arizona but give a pass to sanctuary cities.

The DOJ is beginning to look like a real bad political joke. Sue Arizona yet not sanctuary cities. Let voter intimidation cases go by the way side. The DOJ under Obama and Holder just disgusts me.