[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The real reason Lebron chose MIA?

westvirginia

:wacko:

We come not to praise or bury LeBron James, but only to note that by moving to Miami he's going to save a bundle on taxes. We'll take the King of ESPN's word that he's jumping to the Miami Heat from the Cleveland Cavaliers mainly for basketball reasons, but it is also true that Florida has no income tax. The rate in Akron, Ohio is a little over 7%.

having no state income tax in FLA is waaaay down on the list of reasons why he chose MIA - come on my man. The list is endless and that moran Gilbert showed his true colors, I don't blame LBJ one bit.

LBJ grew up in Akron and gave the Cavs 7 years - he has seen enough of that chithole state

Wade dumped his babies mama and is banging Gabrielle Union - Lebron ain't no dummy

having no state income tax in FLA is waaaay down on the list of reasons why he chose MIA - come on my man. The list is endless and that moran Gilbert showed his true colors, I don't blame LBJ one bit.

LBJ grew up in Akron and gave the Cavs 7 years - he has seen enough of that chithole state

Wade dumped his babies mama and is banging Gabrielle Union - Lebron ain't no dummy

Actually it was more a :wacko: at some folk here. :tup: And being from WV, I agree that Ohio is a chithole. Except for the Reds... :tup:

I wouldn't say waaaaaay down the list. What exacly is 7% of 16 million? And what is 7% of what he makes in endorsements. It may not be THE reason, but it is a damn good reason when you are talking about that kind of coin.

I think the dude just wanted to win. In April, and in June.

I wouldn't say waaaaaay down the list. What exacly is 7% of 16 million? And what is 7% of what he makes in endorsements. It may not be THE reason, but it is a damn good reason when you are talking about that kind of coin.

I think the dude just wanted to win. In April, and in June.

It may be coin to us, but he wouldn't blink losing 7%.

Man, I know you are still on the young side, but you have to snap out of this. You always blink. 7% is a big number.

No state income tax is definitely nice but it generally equals higher property taxes, to name but one. States don't run themselves. The ones without income tax are usually either the beneficiaries of millions of out-of-state visitors on vacation (Florida, Nevada) or chitholes where no-one lives (Wyoming, South Dakota, Alaska). Texas and Washington are both exceptions.

No state income tax is definitely nice but it generally equals higher property taxes, to name but one. States don't run themselves. The ones without income tax are usually either the beneficiaries of millions of out-of-state visitors on vacation (Florida, Nevada) or chitholes where no-one lives (Wyoming, South Dakota, Alaska). Texas and Washington are both exceptions.

There's a segway if'n I ever saw one. I can't see what this has to do with my response to Waterman.

Don't players have to file income taxes (if applicable) in each state where they play and receive a "game check"?

yeah I am pretty sure players personal taxes are a nightmare and they have to file with each state that they are playing in that has a state income tax

sorry this FLA non state tax is a non-issue for LBJ yall are crazy. I mean any state income tax he gains, just like URSA posted, FLA will get you other places - higher prop taxes, higher sales tax - throw in the added COL and the hugh increase in real estate value in MIA.

LBJ isn't goin to MIA bc of no state income tax :wacko:

on a side note - Udonis Haslem took $14 million LESS than other offers to re-sign with the Heat - kinda cool in this day and age

We all knew LeBron was pretty high on himself. Now we know that Gilbert is a maniac. For as much as some people didn't like Steinbrenner, he never cultured an envrionment where superstars didn't want to join the Yankees. Gilbert just killed the franchise. For Cavs fans, it's more important to know why other players would want to play here than know why LeBron left. Can you see a 19 year old kid coming out of college and getting picked by Gilbert and not thinking twice about it?

yeah I am pretty sure players personal taxes are a nightmare and they have to file with each state that they are playing in that has a state income tax

sorry this FLA non state tax is a non-issue for LBJ yall are crazy. I mean any state income tax he gains, just like URSA posted, FLA will get you other places - higher prop taxes, higher sales tax - throw in the added COL and the hugh increase in real estate value in MIA.

LBJ isn't goin to MIA bc of no state income tax :wacko:

on a side note - Udonis Haslem took $14 million LESS than other offers to re-sign with the Heat - kinda cool in this day and age

Actually the Cost of Living in FLA isn't that high (ranks 35th in COL nationwide) when compared to the NE or West Coast. Also, Florida does not tax food items. The highest sales tax rate in FLA is 7.00%, which is quite a bit lower than sales taxes in many areas. You'd also be amazed at the "reasonable" level at which property taxes are levied.

The other great thing about FL, is that if you file for bankruptcy, they can't touch your primary residence in the bankruptcy proceeding.

Edited by SEC=UGA

There's a segway if'n I ever saw one. I can't see what this has to do with my response to Waterman.

It has to do with the 7%. While there is no income tax in FL, there are other monetary hits. Still, the point I was making about state income taxes and other taxes in general is that they generally fit with the situation of the particular state. Florida is only able to have zero state income tax because of the tens of millions of vacationers. It isn't run any better or worse than any other state.

It has to do with the 7%. While there is no income tax in FL, there are other monetary hits. Still, the point I was making about state income taxes and other taxes in general is that they generally fit with the situation of the particular state. Florida is only able to have zero state income tax because of the tens of millions of vacationers. It isn't run any better or worse than any other state.

This has nothing to do with my response to Waterman.

He is essentially saying that Lebron won't notice 7% because he has enough money to not notice. That simply shows that he has no idea what it is to have any money. You always notice when it's being taken from you. When it's being taken from you by the millions, it's easier to notice. Lebron has paid more in state income tax to Ohio than most of us will earn in a lifetime. You notice when that kind of money is leaving your pocket.

Someday Waterman will have some income,pay some tax on it and realize that.

To address your point, Real Estate taxes can be controlled based on what property you choose to buy. They only way to pay fewer dollars to income tax is to earn less or move.

This has nothing to do with my response to Waterman.

He is essentially saying that Lebron won't notice 7% because he has enough money to not notice. That simply shows that he has no idea what it is to have any money. You always notice when it's being taken from you. When it's being taken from you by the millions, it's easier to notice. Lebron has paid more in state income tax to Ohio than most of us will earn in a lifetime. You notice when that kind of money is leaving your pocket.

Someday Waterman will have some income,pay some tax on it and realize that.

To address your point, Real Estate taxes can be controlled based on what property you choose to buy. They only way to pay fewer dollars to income tax is to earn less or move.

Waterman will never have any serious money. He doesn't think he deserves it and that shows in his envy. Rather than be honest about it and admit that if he was willing to put in the work to be successful he could be, he'd rather blame luck and some evil nebulous conspiracy for keeping him down. :wacko:

Really? I sincerely wonder if Lebron even knew that Florida didn't have a state income tax.

I would think that he would be aware of such things. If he didn't his agent most certainly would and bring this to his attention. If his agent didn't, I would think it would be a dereliction of duty. Also, with the lower Cost of Living in Miami as compared to Chicago or NYC, he is absolutely making much more money than he would have at either of those destinations.

7% to Lebron is like $2 million over the life of that contract, isn't it? I'm sure he didn't mind giving that up one bit. Probably just a coincidence why so many rich people move to Florida more than just the weather. You hippies are funny. You probably think people are moving out of New York because of the smell mainly.

7% to Lebron is like $2 million over the life of that contract, isn't it? I'm sure he didn't mind giving that up one bit. Probably just a coincidence why so many rich people move to Florida more than just the weather. You hippies are funny. You probably think people are moving out of New York because of the smell mainly.

I think the K is for 102 mil, so, more like 7 mil over the contract + 7% off of all of the endorsement money.

I think the K is for 102 mil, so, more like 7 mil over the contract + 7% off of all of the endorsement money.

Is that all? Meh, barely worth relying on the other 2 superstars to help you win a championship because you can't win one on yer own it.

Is that all? Meh, barely worth relying on the other 2 superstars to help you win a championship because you can't win one on yer own it.

Sooo... let's say he makes, over the life of the contract, another 300 mil in endorsements (I may be very low on that assumption), we are then talking about him potentially saving $28 million for living in FL. Does it make a difference at that number?