[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just drafted for my $$$ league...what do ya think?

Hey guys. I'm in a standard, 10 man yahoo league that starts 1 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 dst, 1 k

Passing- 30 yards/pt, 4 pt for td

Rush/rec- 10 yards/pt, 6 pt for td

NO PPR, NO negatives

I drafted 10th this year.

QB- Cutler, Ryan, Roethlisberger......waited extremely long for them

WR-Fitz, Austin, Nicks, Bowe, TO- love the 4 i got...(took TO with last pick of draft)

RB- Mathews, Benson, Pierre Thomas, Jerome Harrison, Michael Bush.....im happy with it

TE- gonzo, zach miller

I didnt draft a kicker or DST because they dont score like any points in our league and I will jsut pick one up before week 1.

So what do you guys think? Any suggested actions? Some notable free agents...Montario Hardesty (since i have harrison), John Carlson, Julian Edelman, Donald Brown.

Thanks for your help.

It seems like a so-so team. I am not really a fan of Cutler, I like Ryan though he isn't a top 5 QB. WR is your strongest position with Fitz and Austin as WR1s and Bowe/Nicks as WR2s with TO as a WR3 possible 2. I am just not a fan of picking up rookie RBs with vets on the board. Benson should get out of the suspensions and Thomas is a RB2. I like Harrison and I would definitely pick up Hardesty in case although I think Harrison will take the starting position. It seems as though the scoring leans toward RBs so I would have taken better RBs instead of focusing on your WR corps.

With no PPR and 2 required RBs, like AoDay said, I likely would not have gone WR/WR. Also, since you went Fitz/Austin, this implies that AJ and possibly Wayne were already gone, so better RBs may have dropped a bit and have been there at the 10/11 turn.

No glaring weakness, but you'll need players to certainly really step up to be a title contender IMO.

Yeah, RB seems weak here for a 10 team league. Mathews has upside, but who knows with Benson. He could be a workhorse with double digit TDs, but can he stay healthy? Pierre Thomas is a solid bench guy, but probably too inconsistent to want to rely on from week to week in the Saints' offense. Who knows with Michael Bush or Jerome Harrison. As for Hardesty, if you can make room, grab him and see whether or not one of the Cleveland RBs becomes a feature back. Maybe drop Zach Miller? I mean, if Carlson is a FA now anyway, you don't need to keep two TEs on your roster.

Your QB situation kinda sucks because now you have to hang onto three guys. Your best hope is that someone else's starting QB goes down and wants to trade for one of your guys. I think Matt Ryan is the guy to deal - not really a passing offense whereas Cutler will be slinging the ball all game and, when he returns, Ben will do the same.

Also, FWIW, you could make an argument for picking up Donald Brown instead of Hardesty.

I like your team alot. I think your RBs will be fine especially since your WRs are so strong. I love the Fitz and Austin picks at 10 and 11 I would have done that myself. Cutler will have a solid year people seem to equate throwing alot of interceptions to bad fantasy QB and thats just not the case the dude threw for over 4000 yards and over 20 touchdowns for where he is going I will take him as my starting QB no problem. Your TEs are nice as well its a solid team great job. Oh I just looked again and you have M. Bush too your RBs will be just fine.

The title of your initial post implies that you're simply looking for opinions on how you did in your draft... So that's what you're going to get, for the most part. Not sure what other kind of "help" you're going to get... Hard to say what you could do to improve, at this point, especially without seeing the rest of the league's rosters. Here are my thoughts, off the top of my head:

QB - Not a bad trio, even for a 10-team league. Any of all of them could end up outside of the top ten, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them cracks the top 7-10 QB's, either. Still, I'd be surprised if any of them are in the top five, so I'd say this group is average, at best, in terms of comparing them to the rest of a 10-team league. Better than average, in terms of depth (considering all three could end up in the top 15), but none of them will be a "sure" thing, giving you an advantage at that position.

RB - Considering what I just said above (regarding your QB's), I would have hoped you were better off at RB as a result. In other words, you obviously didn't spend a top pick (probably not the first 7-8 rounds, anyway) on a QB, so I'm assuming rounds 3-6 were spent on RB's and maybe a TE. That said, for a 10-team league, you have a fair amount of questions with this RB group. They all may end up fine (they could all end up in the top 20), or at least to the point where you have 2-3 solid options each week (even bye weeks), but this group of five really does scream "risk" at me, for various reasons. I'm never a fan of drafting a rookie as your #1 guy at any position, and even though Matthews appears to have an ideal situation, there's no guarantee he'll put up the kind of numbers that justify a #1 RB spot in a 12-team league, much less a smaller one. Benson hasn't exactly been a model of consistency in his career, Thomas SHOULD be solid (but who knows). Harrison and Bush both certainly have great opportunities, but on poor teams. I don't know... maybe it's just me, but considering you waited on a QB, I would be less than thrilled with this group. More than likely, three or more of these guys will pan out to be top 15-20 backs, but does that put you in a position where you can say your team is better than average (better than 4-5 of the other teams)? Like the QB position, I'm afraid not.

WR - Probably above average in a 10-team league, but once again, lots of question marks. I realize you didn't waste an early pick on TO, so no harm done there. Bowe killed me last year... I wouldn't want him as anything higher than a 3rd or 4th WR this season. Nicks is probably the key to this team... If he turns into the stud that he's supposed to, the rest might fall into place. Austin needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke, and Fitz must show he can produce without Warner. All in all, not bad, but it's a risk/reward group that would make me a bit nervous.

TE - Solid. In a 10-team league, having a good backup TE is a must... hopefully, Miller can produce consistently if Gonzo gets gimpy.

What advice can I give you? Well, as with fantasy football in general, I would watch the waiver wire CLOSELY, and pay particular attention to the pre-season, as well as the first couple weeks of regular season. In a 10-team league, there will almost certainly be some solid players available... If Owens, Bush, or even somebody like Bowe appears to be headed for a downer season, I wouldn't hesitate to make a move, and pick up somebody who ends up being this year's waiver wire wonder. I'm also not sure you need three QB's all season... If one or two of your guys produce well enough that you're comfortable with them, dump the third guy in favor of adding depth at RB or WR. Lastly, maybe you can deal a player who starts out hot early... Bowe, Bush, Miller... guys who probably won't be all that consistent, but could potentially start out better than they'll finish.

Gopher thanks for the breakdown. When I posted before "anymore help?" I should've said "anymore opinions"

For my future benefit, I would like to know who you guys would've drafted if you were in my spot. I was picking at the turn so it shouldn't be so hard....

I'll give you the top couple guys at each position on my picks. Basically, just tell me what you would've done and why.

Round 1, 2 I picked Fitz and Austin

All qb's available

RB's TAKEN- CJ, ADP, MJD, Rice, Turner, Sjax, Gore

WR's TAKEN- AJ, Moss

No TE's taken.

Round 3, 4 I picked Mathews and Benson

QB's TAKEN - Romo, Brees, Manning, Rodgers

RB's LEFT- Shonn Greene (had trouble deciding between my 2 and this guy), Beanie, Grant, Knowshon, J-Stew, McCoy, Forte

WR's LEFT- 85, Vjax, Steve Smith

All TE's available

Round 5, 6 I picked Nicks and Thomas

QB's LEFT- Flacco, Favre, Eli

RB's LEFT- Jacobs, Forsett, Ronnie Brown, Ricky WIlliams, Reggae Bush, McFadden

WR's LEFT- Ward, Driver, Percy, Crabtree,

Ill do the remaining rounds later....

Thanks for the help

Considering I have Grant pegged as a first round talent, I'd have taken him over the RBs you took in the 3rd and would have actually been considering him at the turn in the 1st/2nd. Not being a hugh Austin fan, and, specific to the league, the 2 RB requirement and no PPR, would have gone one of Grant, DWill or even Mendy over Austin. I'll give Fitz, though with leinart there and no Boldin drawing coverage, I think Wayne is a safer and better pick this year.

In the 3rd, if I had gone with one of the backs not Grant, I'd have wet myself to take him in the 3rd. Assuming I went Grant in the 1st, I'd go Matthews or Knowshon (though, may pull back on that until more about the hammy recovery is known) and grabbed Ocho-Cinco as my WR2.

Then, in the 5/6 turn, Crabtree as my WR3 (Nicks a decent option, I just like Crabtree a bit more, so not a big difference there) and then either gone Flacco as I am big on him his year or done as you did and grabbed some RB depth.

Like I said, in a non-PPR, 2 required RB league, waiting on RB is not the best option, especially in a 10 teamer where better RBs are still available later in the first.

Yeah, I probably would have gone Grant instead of Mathews, I mean you are gambling a bit at RB by going WR/WR so you did fine, but I think I would have went the safer route with Grant. It has been many years since I played a 10 team format, (or non PPR) but I think you will be in the thick of it. Not the team I would have drafted but it could work out.

Like I implied earlier, I try to look at each position when drafting (or when completing a draft), and determine if I'm below average, about average, or above average. Average in a 10-team league means you're in the 5-6 range... better than 4-5 teams, and possibly worse than 4-5. If you can come out of a draft avoiding "worse than average" at any position, and possibly be better than average at a couple as well, you're usually in good shape. So, without getting too redundant, here's how I see your team:

QB - Depth is better than average, but I'm not sure any of those guys are top-five. So, unless you play matchups, and are fortunate enough to pick the right guy each and every week, you're probably going to be lucky to be average at this position. Still, I wouldn't worry about that too much... you might not have a top-five guy, but you've probably got three in the 8-15 range. Figuring out which one to start each week is the tough part, though.

RB - I sort of feel the same about these guys... You quite possibly have five starters, which few teams in a 10-team league will have. In fact, you MIGHT even have three of the top 15 RB's, when the year comes to an end. On the other hand, I would be somewhat surprised if any of them end up in the top 7-8 backs in most scoring systems. Too early to say for sure, but that's my guess. So, once again, you're looking at average at best, but quite possibly slightly below (considering at least half of the league SHOULD have a better back than you, and some of those same teams might even have a better RB2 than yours). I agree that Grant would have been the pick over Matthews (or even Benson).

WR - I'll give you a better than average here, but I think it could have been better than it is. I think Wayne is the safer pick than Fitz, simply due to the Leinart factor. Austin could repeat last year, but I like Wayne over him as well (although it's very close).

TE - Again average at best... if nothing else, due to the fact that there will be 4-5 teams with better/younger starting TE's than Gonzo... Clark, Davis, Gates, Finley (in my opinion), and possibly even guys like Witten (if he recovers to 2008 form) and Daniels (if he is fully healthy). Not terrible, but will you have an advantage at this position, over at least half of the league? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong... I realize a lot of this is speculation on my part. Hopefully, for your sake, two of the Matthews/Benson/Thomas trio will work out well as your starting RB duo... If they can hold their own against the rest of the league, and Gonzo can put up decent numbers at TE, you should be fine. Your QB's won't give you an advantage over the competition, but they won't hurt you much either. Like I said last night, keep an eye on the waiver wire over the next 6-8 weeks, and don't be afraid to pull the trigger on dropping a non-performer for something better... guys like TO, Bowe, Bush, and even Miller can kill a 10-team league if you hold on to them too long when they're not performing, hoping/assuming that they might, at some point, start to reach pre-season projections.

Hey guys. I'm in a standard, 10 man yahoo league that starts 1 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 dst, 1 k

Passing- 30 yards/pt, 4 pt for td

Rush/rec- 10 yards/pt, 6 pt for td

NO PPR, NO negatives

I drafted 10th this year.

QB- Cutler, Ryan, Roethlisberger......waited extremely long for them

WR-Fitz, Austin, Nicks, Bowe, TO- love the 4 i got...(took TO with last pick of draft)

RB- Mathews, Benson, Pierre Thomas, Jerome Harrison, Michael Bush.....im happy with it

TE- gonzo, zach miller

I didnt draft a kicker or DST because they dont score like any points in our league and I will jsut pick one up before week 1.

So what do you guys think? Any suggested actions? Some notable free agents...Montario Hardesty (since i have harrison), John Carlson, Julian Edelman, Donald Brown.

Thanks for your help.

Your team over all looks good. I like the wr-wr start. Running backs are deeper this year. I would add donald brown, and I would look to add atleast 1 more wr for depth since you start 3. To add you need drop someone. I would drop Ben, you only need 2 qb's and he will be missing a few games (suspension).Your other Qb's are solid. If you need to drop someone else, then drop a TE, you only need one. You can always try packaging a couple of players for 1 player to improve your roster

Its ok , nothing really special about it. In only a 10 team league I don't see any players that have that WOW factor on your team . Fitzgerald might be that guy but Warner isn't there no more so he has some questions this year.