[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

we need more music threads!

Azazello1313

No offense, but if I never hear Def Leppard, Cinderella or Poison again I’ll be happy about it. How all these hair bands make a top ten must be rooted in youth… it was fun, but the music sucked.

The thread IS "personal favorites" so nobody has to make any sort of case beyond "I like 'em"; that said, I think you can make a case for Def Leppard definitely being a cut above the "hair metal" genre*; Cinderella were decent enough; I would certainly agree that Poison were/are/will be utter ass.

* - which is too loosely defined to even be a genre, really, but that's a disseration for a different thread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread IS "personal favorites" so nobody has to make any sort of case beyond "I like 'em"; that said, I think you can make a case for Def Leppard definitely being a cut above the "hair metal" genre*; Cinderella were decent enough; I would certainly agree that Poison were/are/will be utter ass.

* - which is too loosely defined to even be a genre, really, but that's a disseration for a different thread

Def Leppard was in when bands like Aerosmith were setting the standard, but seriously, if Pour some sugar on me comes on the radio, I may listen for about 10 seconds before my ears start to bleed. If anything by Whitesnake or White Lion comes on it's an immediate change, but stuff like Breakin' the law and We're not gonna take it are worth an occasional listen. When are bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam going to be considered "classic" rock?

When are bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam going to be considered "classic" rock?

Never.

Though Nevermind is as old right now as Led Zeppelin's entire catalog was in the 90s. But "classic rock" is more an artificial genre created for radio than anything.

Top 10 Favorite Rock Bands

Slayer

Muse

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

The Deftones

Alice In Chains

The Cult

Jane's Addiction

Iron Maiden

Radiohead (not sure if I'd call them rock per se but they're at the top of my fave band list)

Honorable Mention: Foo Fighters, Sisters of Mercy, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Van Halen, Tool

not necessarily in that order... :wacko:

Edited by Trojanmojo

They had the most precise drummer ever to take the stage.

Is that a good thing?

Maybe my all time favorite drummer, Bill Bruford, titled his book "When In Doubt, Roll!" Always loved that.

Best first three and a third initial records ever by a band - Sandinista could have been amazing if left to one disc. Mt personal fave is Give em Enough Rope

Nah, the first album is the best. That one, along with the Pistols Bollocks album, drove punk.

Interesting....some were favroites at different times in my life:

The Hooters

Eagles

Dave Matthews Band

U2

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Fleetwood Mac

Journey

Grateful Dead

Kinks

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

My original list, but I think I have to make some changes:

Kinks out, Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band in...can beleive I forogt these guys, but they were awesome, and still occupy my listening time

Hooters out (tough, because they are local and I grew up watching them play high schools), Queen in

Nah, the first album is the best. That one, along with the Pistols Bollocks album, drove punk.

Think that probably the best of the bunch is London Calling IMHO.

I love its diversity - but for starightforward punk I'll take Give em enough Rope

I guess these three divergent opinions underline what a great band they were.

Top 10 Favorite Rock Bands

Slayer

Muse

Bon Jovi

Steel Panther

The Deftones

Alice In Chains

The Cult

Jane's Addiction

Iron Maiden

Radiohead (not sure if I'd call them rock per se but they're at the top of my fave band list)

Honorable Mention: Foo Fighters, Sisters of Mercy, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Van Halen, Tool

not necessarily in that order... :tup:

epic. so underrated. :wacko:

No offense, but if I never hear Def Leppard, Cinderella or Poison again I’ll be happy about it. How all these hair bands make a top ten must be rooted in youth… it was fun, but the music sucked.

i never really liked cinderella or poison, but

for whitesnake did you listen to anything before "whitesnake" in 87 and for pyromania for def leppard? good hard rock before the pop/hair came along.

Well, in an attempt to be fair for Def Leppard, after Rick Allen lost his arm the sound of the band changed dramatically. Not saying that's an excuse for their descent into mass suckitude after High & Dry and Pyromania, but that probably had a lot to do with it.