[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vertigo?

tbimm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get well Dude, lets talk trade in AFL too :wacko:

My head aint all that clear with the meds. Trades may be on hold for a while. Trying to just concentrate long enough to make sensible cuts that need to be made.

I am bored out of my mind. :wacko: I do not do well with just sitting around! 3 more days of this and I get my MRI. Then hopefully I will at least be cleared for work. Hell I can get a ride there if they won't let me freakin drive.

After rereading this thread I need to clarify something. The diagnosis is Vertigo POSSIBLY due to a mini stroke. I was really freaked and drugged up when I got home and posted the diagnosis. They are going with the stroke possibility in an abundance of caution.

Also Doctors and Insurance companies are a bunch of Adam's Apples. Tried to get the MRI done this week so the neurologist would have the results Monday when I got there. After 15 or so phone calls back and forth from MRI place, neurologist, and ER doc it was concluded that the neurologist wants my ins money more than anyone else. Nobody will do the MRI till I see the neurologist even though I have the orders for it from the ER.

What a joke!

it was concluded that the neurologist wants my ins money more than anyone else. Nobody will do the MRI till I see the neurologist even though I have the orders for it from the ER.

What a joke!

I know what you mean. It is like getting blood work. I have to see a doctor every three months for blood work. No matter what I have to see her first then get the blood work, then come back and see her. I asked her why don't I just get the blood work THEN come see you? She said that would be smart but then I call her office and the people that intercept the calls just can't figure it out. :wacko:

Good luck Tim. Hang in there.

I am bored out of my mind. :wacko: I do not do well with just sitting around! 3 more days of this and I get my MRI. Then hopefully I will at least be cleared for work. Hell I can get a ride there if they won't let me freakin drive.

After rereading this thread I need to clarify something. The diagnosis is Vertigo POSSIBLY due to a mini stroke. I was really freaked and drugged up when I got home and posted the diagnosis. They are going with the stroke possibility in an abundance of caution.

Also Doctors and Insurance companies are a bunch of Adam's Apples. Tried to get the MRI done this week so the neurologist would have the results Monday when I got there. After 15 or so phone calls back and forth from MRI place, neurologist, and ER doc it was concluded that the neurologist wants my ins money more than anyone else. Nobody will do the MRI till I see the neurologist even though I have the orders for it from the ER.

What a joke!

Tommy-boy, I'm sorry I caught this late. Praying for you. Don't let it frustrate you. Relax, take it easy. You know you aren't going back to work till the doc sees your MRI so learn to like game shows and soap operas for a few days. You have my number, let us know what you need.

I had Labyrinthitis once. Lasted 3 days. (I woke up in a sweat on that morning and it was gone)

What makes them suspect a minor stroke?

They didn't do any real tests other than ask "Is the dizziness like your moving real fast or is it more slow?" I said very fast, they said Labyrinthitis. :wacko: He said if it was more slow, they would have investigated/tested further for a stroke.

Good luck! Prayers and best wishes coming.

I had Labyrinthitis once. Lasted 3 days. (I woke up in a sweat on that morning and it was gone)

What makes them suspect a minor stroke?

They didn't do any real tests other than ask "Is the dizziness like your moving real fast or is it more slow?" I said very fast, they said Labyrinthitis. :wacko: He said if it was more slow, they would have investigated/tested further for a stroke.

Good luck! Prayers and best wishes coming.

RR,

The stroke possibility comes from the slowed motor skills on my left side. I had the strength on both sides during the testing but failed miserably on the hand eye portion. I really wish I would have set up my recorder on my phone for those tests as I'm guessing we all could have gotten a good laugh from that. :tup:

I don't think I had a stroke. I just think there was a mis communication between my brain and the rest of my body. We'll see what the docs have to say once the ins company tells them they have all the money they are gonna get without a true diagnosis?

RR,

The stroke possibility comes from the slowed motor skills on my left side. I had the strength on both sides during the testing but failed miserably on the hand eye portion. I really wish I would have set up my recorder on my phone for those tests as I'm guessing we all could have gotten a good laugh from that. :tup:

I don't think I had a stroke. I just think there was a mis communication between my brain and the rest of my body. We'll see what the docs have to say once the ins company tells them they have all the money they are gonna get without a true diagnosis?

Don't forget to take out any piercings prior to the MRI, it will pull any stainless steel, ummm, ear rings out. :wacko:

Don't forget to take out any piercings prior to the MRI, it will pull any stainless steel, ummm, ear rings out. :wacko:

And if you've ever worked w/ metal (welder,machinist, auto mechanic, etc) you have to have your eyes x-rayed.

Really? Why? I am a mechanic by trade.

Because of the plagarembolicstigmitist that could occur...

In case you got some metal shavings in your eye is the real answer.

Really? Why? I am a mechanic by trade.

Not 100% sure on mechanics, but one can have a steel sliver in their eye and not even know it. The MRI is powerful enough to extract said sliver w/ great force and I don't think I need to say what the consequences might be.

It is definitely worth asking your DRs. about it. The x-ray is fast and simple.

:wacko: F'in doctors. How can this system be more f'ed up? Apparently my appt today was really only to meet the freakin screeners. They wanted me to go to a different ER to get the same orders written that were written from the other ER.

I am going to try to get through this independently now. Going to the MRI clinic next door to my shop to see if they can point me in the right direction. If not then I have to call in a favor from a friend of mine to get the ball rolling. Very frustrating! :tup: