[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Arian Foster

j2v

RB Arian Foster  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What?s your take on Arian Foster?s fantasy prospects for 2010?

• I?ve seen enough to draft him as a starter
    • There?s upside, but also enough question marks to make him nothing more than an RB3 for me
    • He?s merely Kubiak?s latest flavor of the month; I?d rather avoid the Texans? backfield entirely

Arian Foster opened the preseason as the Texans’ starting running back, but most believed it was only a matter of time before someone else took that job. Then Ben Tate busted his ankle and Steve Slaton showed he’s still battling a severe case of fumblitis, and Foster’s fantasy value began to climb.

And then Foster dropped 110 and a touch on the Cowboys in the one preseason game everybody takes seriously. Can you hear him now?

So, where does Foster fall on the fantasy meter? Was his 39-216-3 against Miami and New England to close the 2009 season a harbinger of what’s to come, or is he merely the latest flavor of the month for noted RBBCer Gary Kubiak?

I got him cheap in my last auction as a RB3, but trying to decide on today's auction, where he'll go for much more. I swore off Kubiak running backs last season after chasing the flavor of the month, but with the team on the verge of the playoffs, maybe Kubiak will want to settle in with one guy. I suppose I should trust my instincts and not trust Kubiak, at least extending the player to two or three teams. Tough call, but some nice upside with this player. Maybe a handcuff with Slayton would make sense, although having two Houston RB's doesn't make sense, does it?

I started to really target this guy as a great value after Tate broke his ankle and I read the following blurb

Rotoworld

Texans coach Gary Kubiak believes that starting running back Arian Foster is "becoming a hell of a football player."

We heard rumblings of Foster's lackadaisical attitude late last year, but he's put them to bed while earning the complete trust of Houston's coaching staff. "The way he practices and prepares, the way he goes about his business with blitz pickup, he's going to be a good one," added Kubiak. "He did a 360. ... Something clicked. He's doing everything we're asking him to do."

With last nights blow up the cat is out fo the bag. I think you have to start thinking about him in the 4th now if you want him. That's really a little too high for my liking.

he went at 4.09 yesterday in my local. I was pretty sad the same owner then stole Lt in round 6 crushing my dreams of landing both my rb steals.

I just grabbed him at 6.4 in my 12 team .5 per catch league and I feel real good about it....especially after last night.

I voted I feel good with him as a starter BEFORE my draft, so I am not biased there...:wacko:.

ya talking about this last night, I got foster as the 7.06 before he tore up Dallas. Forget 7th round now.

I'll be the guinea pig for the huddle and use him as my RB2 to start the year because my 6th round RB Moreno is looking iffy at best right now.

Now, as I look ahead to my next draft Sept. 6th, Foster is the kind of RB I'd target with a WR-WR-QB-RB-RB type strategy to start. I still think there's plenty of quality RBs to be had in round 4 but round 5 is going to be the 'now-or-never' cutoff for Foster. Yesterday I would have gone elsewhere, today I'd bite.

He just went 4.02 in one of my locals. Ahead of Best, Spiller, Moreno, and McCoy.

In my main local last night I grabbed him at 5.1 after loading up on WRs early (12 team .5 PPR for RBs and 1PPR for WRs/TEs). He'll be my RB2 behind Chris Johnson. I also grabbed Bradshaw and M. Bush so I'm just hoping one of those guys can produce as a solid RB2 and Foster looks like he is up for it from his game against the Cowboys last Saturday.

i have a diehard cowboys fan in my league and i' thinking about trading my Miles Austin for his Arian Foster straight up. Dumb move???

I still have Austin ahead of Foster even though Foster has made strides in my rankings as of late...

that sounds like a 2-for-2 type of trade where he offers another solid player to your upside player and this also should be asked in the Advice Forum

I still remember how quick Kubiak's hook was with Foster last year when he fumbled early in his first start. But the difference now is that I don't think Kubiak has anyone else to turn to that he has confidence in. Slaton has fumbling issues and never was built for early down work anyway. Then were talking Jeremiah Johnson? I think Foster's role is pretty safe right now and should be this season. He's a solid RB2 IMO and seems likely to eclipse 1000 yes and 10 TDs. In a PPR, downgrade him slightly since it's unclear how much they'll use Slaton on 3rd downs.

I still remember how quick Kubiak's hook was with Foster last year when he fumbled early in his first start. But the difference now is that I don't think Kubiak has anyone else to turn to that he has confidence in. Slaton has fumbling issues and never was built for early down work anyway. Then were talking Jeremiah Johnson? I think Foster's role is pretty safe right now and should be this season. He's a solid RB2 IMO and seems likely to eclipse 1000 yes and 10 TDs. In a PPR, downgrade him slightly since it's unclear how much they'll use Slaton on 3rd downs.

Slaton with the turf toe is less effective than Foster in the passing game imo....

I think Kubiak's recent comments about Foster were more to try and feed his ego and make him believe he can continue what he started in the pre-season...

I drafted Foster 4.04 last Sunday in a 12-team league where Rice, Wells, CJ, Bensen, RWilliams, CTaylor, Charles, Green, Forsett, and PThomas are keepers. I was really happy to end up with Mendenhal, Stewart, Foster, and Hightower considering how RB depleted the draft was. FYI, I went RB-WR-RB-RB-QB, which means I ended with Lee Evans and Gabar Jaffney as my 2/3 WR...not ideal after I lost Sidney Rice as a keeper.