[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favres already taking injections in his ankle

Randall

From Peter King(I know but is this true?)

Brett Favre: He's already taking injections in his wounded ankle.

After his so-so eight series Saturday night on the hard floor of Mall of America Field (I prefer to call it the Metrodome, because that's what we know it to be), Favre went into the trainers' room in the Vikes' locker room and got an injection of lubricant in the left ankle that has three times been operated on to remove loose bodies. "Like a grease fitting,'' he said.

Noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews did the most recent surgery May 22, with an interested party in the operating theater: Deanna Favre. "They took out a cup full of stuff -- bone and all these other loose bodies,'' Brett Favre said Saturday night. "Deanna watched and told me, 'If you don't feel a lot better, I'll be shocked.''

Favre feels better, but not really that good. He explained the arthroscopic procedure that happened in May and what's happened since. He said Dr. Andrews made two incisions on the top of his left ankle, where the ankle flexes above the foot, and sucked out the loose bodies. He said Dr. Andrews wasn't surprised a significant spur returned when Favre went for a re-exam a month ago -- but he was surprised it happened so fast. The Vikings will attempt to manage the pain the spur brings on, but Favre said he didn't think he'd take any painkillers stronger than Motrin.

"It's catching up with me, all this stuff,'' said Favre, who turns 41 in October.

"I asked you this a year ago -- Do you think you can last the season?''' I said to Favre. "And you said you didn't know. How about now?''

"I don't know. I have no idea, really," he answered. "My ankle just seems to get easier to sprain. I know everyone thinks the New Orleans game [the NFC Championship Game] killed me, but it was bad before then. Now we'll see if I can make it. My mind's telling me one thing, but my body's telling me something else.''

I've said this all along: This ankle thing's a little different that the weariness he felt a year ago. There could come a time where his mobility is so compromised that Favre won't be able to get out of the way of the rush consistently. It wouldn't surprise me if the ankle knocked him out for a few games this year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...l#ixzz0y5dPUYbT

I'm guessing Favre is not the only player that gets injections. Pretty common for players to get injections, even more that get "I have never taken a banned substance" injection!

Hell, I get them in my neck every 6 months. Facet injections that is, but he's getting nearly the same soup I get.

No worries. The injections are only Youth mana, taken straight from teenage boys that should allow Favres another 20 or 30 years as a starter

I think he goes into Jiffy Lube and gets it greased up before each game.

I'm not sure but he could probably beat the fpackers blindfolded..and he sucks...

He sucks but he fits right into an organization that's pretty much sucked since its inception.

However, he's 0-2 against the Packers lifetime. Are you sure about that whole blindfolded thingy?

Edited by tosberg34

I'm guessing Favre is not the only player that gets injections. Pretty common for players to get injections, even more that get "I have never taken a banned substance" injection!

Injections into an ankle that was questionable coming into TC is a bit different. This is worth monitoring.

I'm not sure but he could probably beat the fpackers blindfolded..and he sucks...

But couldn't beat the Saints. The packers and the Vikes both ended up at the same place during the super bowl... At home. Are you going to contribute anything meaningful this year, or is it going to end with you making an absurd post about flying planes into buildings like you did last year...

However, he's 0-2 against the Packers lifetime. Are you sure about that whole blindfolded thingy?

Uh... The Vikings beat Green Bay twice last year.

Injections into an ankle that was questionable coming into TC is a bit different. This is worth monitoring.

But couldn't beat the Saints. The packers and the Vikes both ended up at the same place during the super bowl... At home. Are you going to contribute anything meaningful this year, or is it going to end with you making an absurd post about flying planes into buildings like you did last year...

Uh... The Vikings beat Green Bay twice last year.

We we're talking about Tavaris Jackson, not the Vikings.

Hmmm, Favre is just being candid and letting the general public (and opponents) know about this because he doesn't care about all that stuff and just loves playing the game.

Or, alternatively, he's setting up his escape hatch - if the Vikes stumble out of the gate and/or he isn't playing well, he can bail because "the ankle just isn't right, it ain't coming around" - a strategy he had started setting up when those pics of his bruises from the NFC championship game "leaked" right around the SB.

Which version you believe depends on how utterly full of sh*t you think he may or may not be.

Hmmm, Favre is just being candid and letting the general public (and opponents) know about this because he doesn't care about all that stuff and just loves playing the game.

Or, alternatively, he's setting up his escape hatch - if the Vikes stumble out of the gate and/or he isn't playing well, he can bail because "the ankle just isn't right, it ain't coming around" - a strategy he had started setting up when those pics of his bruises from the NFC championship game "leaked" right around the SB.

Which version you believe depends on how utterly full of sh*t you think he may or may not be.

I think he's probably building up an excuse in case it doesn't work out. My guess is he's fine.