[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oil Rig Explodes in Gulf

BiggieFries

Good . . that didnt take long to start in on blaming Obama again . . how uninspiringly original . . . :wacko:

9/11 happened on Bush watch so he was responsible.

This happened on the lawn jockey's watch so he's to blame.

Seriously this is three "accidents" in roughly 5 months. Prior to this year how many accidents were reported? Has been happening all along, and not been reported? It seems strange to me that three happen that close together, when I can barely recall the last time I heard of something like this happening.

what do you propose as a more reasonable explanation than coincidence?

somehow I insinuated that I had the answer? I have no clue what happened, it could be one of a million things....but how do two oil rigs blow up in the same area in the same year?....BAD LUCK?

try again..

somehow I insinuated that I had the answer? I have no clue what happened, it could be one of a million things....but how do two oil rigs blow up in the same area in the same year?....BAD LUCK?

try again..

I think user error is more likely than the two issues being related by intent

I think user error is more likely than the two issues being related by intent

Oil rigs are pretty safe when you look at the percentages, they are much safer than automobiles. Why did Obama send a swat team to the BP rig? I'm guessing because the first assumption was some type of foul play, probably because of the safety record of these offshore rigs (not BP's record). You look at the Al Gore loving eco-idiot at the Discovery channel, and look at the whale saving TV show that makes heroes out of conservationists, and is it too much of a jump to at least consider sabotage, whey you also consider the very, very low frequency of catastrophic accidents prior to this year?

Oil rigs are pretty safe when you look at the percentages, they are much safer than automobiles. Why did Obama send a swat team to the BP rig? I'm guessing because the first assumption was some type of foul play, probably because of the safety record of these offshore rigs (not BP's record). You look at the Al Gore loving eco-idiot at the Discovery channel, and look at the whale saving TV show that makes heroes out of conservationists, and is it too much of a jump to at least consider sabotage, whey you also consider the very, very low frequency of catastrophic accidents prior to this year?

it's 2010 this stuff is just gonna happen out of nowhere and people will just eat it up see: duchess jack who won't even consider that something happening twice in the past 4 months that hasn't happened once since...............................................?.....I don't know?

what's that saying about fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....and the rest I think George Bush covered...

it's 2010 this stuff is just gonna happen out of nowhere and people will just eat it up see: duchess jack who won't even consider that something happening twice in the past 4 months that hasn't happened once since...............................................?.....I don't know?

I won't even consider it? So is that how this goes, unless I agree that there is "no way that the two incidences are a coincidence" than that means I won't even consider some sort of foul play?

Just because I believe that user error is more likely than some conspirisy doesn't mean I deny any possibility that there might be more there than it seems. You are the guy closing your mind to possibilities, not me. Your statement above suggests that the possibility that these two issues are coincidence is impossible is a lot more close minded than I am being.

but sure. I can be the guy with the blinders on.

I won't even consider it? So is that how this goes, unless I agree that there is "no way that the two incidences are a coincidence" than that means I won't even consider some sort of foul play?

Just because I believe that user error is more likely than some conspirisy doesn't mean I deny any possibility that there might be more there than it seems. You are the guy closing your mind to possibilities, not me. Your statement above suggests that the possibility that these two issues are coincidence is impossible is a lot more close minded than I am being.

I tend to agree with you that human error seems more likely, but based on the past record of offshore rigs (not just recent events), and considering that anyone with any sense is going to step up the QC and safety measures after the BP fiasco, one at least has to consider sabotage.

it can be a coincidence, but it just seems a bit obvious that something isn't right....you're trying to put me out there with the assumption that I "know" what happened or would presume to know as if I'm down there hangin' out by the oil rigs in the Gulf....I just know what BS smells like when it hits the air and it is starting to smell like oil...

What is a lawn jockey? I honestly have never heard that term but I am thinking it is not good???

Picture the little black statue out in someones yard holding a light. Those statues are now pretty much all painted white but back in the day they were all black.

That is a lawn jockey.

Edited by Skippy