[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roddy White

Flip_Side

Mr. Consistent. Should have been mentioned in the same breath as AJ Moss and Reggie Wayne this draft season. Let's see what the coming weeks bring...

pretty sure I said it on here somewhere that I wouldn't be shocked to see White the WR1 this year

I didn't watch the game, but I have a buddy who is a huge Falcons fan. He said that Ryan was locked onto Roddy all day, but only him. He didn't even look at other receivers on most passing plays. Troy P jumped a route and got a pick because of this.

Well, isn't M. Jenkins out? I'm assuming Roddy got a little extra love because Ryan wasn't comfortable throwing to the #3 guy as much.

Isn't Harry Douglas the #2 anyway?

Jenkins starts outside when healthy, but it's more due to his run blocking than anything else. Douglas will be the #2 WR FF wise. The strange thing is that Ryan didn't really even look at Gonzo. He was an after thought on most plays. If I had to guess Pitt decided to take Gonzo out of the gameplan. I think Ryan was just taking what the defense gave them.

Jenkins starts outside when healthy, but it's more due to his run blocking than anything else. Douglas will be the #2 WR FF wise. The strange thing is that Ryan didn't really even look at Gonzo. He was an after thought on most plays. If I had to guess Pitt decided to take Gonzo out of the gameplan. I think Ryan was just taking what the defense gave them.

Oh, you can count on Ryan looking at Gonzo though... The Steeler D was covering him up, but Ryan did target him some too. They just weren't on the same page alot of the day, and his first 1,000th catch was called back. (Congrats Tony G, by the way)

The offense as a whole was out of sync vs a tough D on opening day, but no doubt that Roddy and Tony G are going to remain the heavily favored targets in this offense.