[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help

matt770

Wife and I just returned from an incredible vacation on the outer banks and VA Beach. The weather was perfect and it was one of the best (and longest) my wife and I have had together. I would say it was even a close second to our honeymoon. We did a lot of fun things but the highlight for me was dozing off on the beach, the late afternoon sun just warm enough and the breeze just cool enough to lull me to sleep. If there is a heaven, it will feel something like that.

Come home just in time for the early games yesterday. The ghetto trash dogs barking next door, a pile of mail, the utter mundane-ness of it all comes back a little too intensely. Work is insane today and I don't feel like doing any of it. I was so pumped for football and fantasy football, but I feel completely empty. I don't know, maybe I need to get to the gym, get the endorphins pumping.

Not sure what I'm trying to say. I guess the title of the thread says it all.

Coming home from vacation SUCKS.

Go out, purchase a handgun and get it over with... You have reached the pinnacle of your life during that last vacation, there is nothing you can ever do again that will be nearly as much fun. :wacko:

Go out, purchase a handgun and get it over with... You have reached the pinnacle of your life during that last vacation, there is nothing you can ever do again that will be nearly as much fun. :wacko:

This is the kind of advice that keeps me coming back. All the more insightful, given that I didn't even mention I drafted Beanie Wells.

I'm going with the 12 gauge.

I was so pumped for football and fantasy football, but I feel completely empty.

You aren't alone in this. I watched the first round of games on NFL Redzone (flicking to the Bears game every so often) and by the time they ended I had had enough, bored with it. I switched off the TV, left the FF scores program on my laptop downstairs ignored, went out into the yard to do some chilling and grilling. Much more fun.

I'm likely not going to bother watching tonight's games either. To be honest, I may welcome a 2011 lockout. Heretic.

You aren't alone in this. I watched the first round of games on NFL Redzone (flicking to the Bears game every so often) and by the time they ended I had had enough, bored with it. I switched off the TV, left the FF scores program on my laptop downstairs ignored, went out into the yard to do some chilling and grilling. Much more fun.

I'm likely not going to bother watching tonight's games either. To be honest, I may welcome a 2011 lockout. Heretic.

nothing better than working around the yard or garage while listening to the games on the radio.

I'm actually with you. After the Falcons lost I went out, cleaned the garage and washed the motorcycle. Just wasn't up for laying around on the couch all day watching football. I think I'm going on hiatus next year as well.

It's going to be great when it's freezing cold outside and there is nothing better to do. This time of year it's too nice outside to stay in. Another reason why the 18-game season is a bad idea.

I watched the games on 3.5 hours sleep yesterday. Got hammered . Nodded off for about an hour during the 4 oclocks. Woke up with a bad headache. Ate and watched Dallas put on one of the most pathetic football performances I have seen in a long time. Loved bouncing around the fantasy leagues on the laptop though

+ 1000. Not to mention health and a wife you obviously love. :tup::tup::wacko:

Simplistic summary of one's life, but point taken. Had a wicked case of the back-to-the-grind blahs this morning, and continuing misery living in a crappy neighborhood, but all in all I can't complain too much. Wish I was better at not letting it derail me at times.

Simplistic summary of one's life, but point taken. Had a wicked case of the back-to-the-grind blahs this morning, and continuing misery living in a crappy neighborhood, but all in all I can't complain too much. Wish I was better at not letting it derail me at times.

Meh. Happens to everyone... that's when it's time to read a thread about someone having cancer, losing a job, losing a house, losing a business, having a sick kid or relative...or getting their home blown away. that doesn't always work...LOL. Chit happens.

I'm actually with you. After the Falcons lost I went out, cleaned the garage and washed the motorcycle. Just wasn't up for laying around on the couch all day watching football. I think I'm going on hiatus next year as well.

Well hell, I'm supposedly boycotting the NFL and I watched nearly as much as you guys did yesterday. Well, maybe not. I think I caught a total of 1 hour of pro football this weekend (including Thursday).