[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neil Young favortie song

Thews40

PowderFinger by far...

Yeah, love that song!!! You can just visualize the characters as you hear the lyrics.

The best concert I ever went to was" Live in the Rusted Out Garage" in 86 at the Cow Palace in SF with Crazy Horse. My husband couldn't go because he was taking a drug test the next day for a new job at an aerospace co. in the Sacramento area, and wasn't sure if even breathing all the fumes at the concert would make him fail the test. My friend recorded the concert and I still have the cassette.

I actually saw Neil Young in '82 in a small bar in Palo Alto near Stanford Uniiversity. He just showed up and played a few tunes. He lived about 20 miles away up in the hills southwest of Palo Alto. No advertisement, but a friend of a friend owned the bar and told me about it. That was fun until word got out and the place got packed and really crazy and I had to leave. He was trying out a few new songs to a very failed album, I think it was Trans. The fire marshalls needed to clear the place out, but never showed.

A friend of mine, who is a hugh Neil fan, saw him this summer at UC Davis. He said he just sounded like a tired grumpy old man with no soul to his songs. He was very disappointed.