[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jackass 3D

driveby

3D is a crappy, worn out gag.

This movie is all about gags.

This will be the best use of 3D unless you're James Cameron. I am there for sure. 3D is perfect for this.

The dumbest thing I've ever seen was in jackass2 when the guy put a hook in his mouth and jumped into the ocean by that shark. The fact that thing bumped him should have scared him straight.

I caught jackass: the movie on some channel fairly recently, and yeah, I have to say it is pretty f'n genius. I didn't want to love it as much as I did, but that chit is just plain funny.

I liked the part where they messed with the redneck golfers who hit back at them. Oh, and the part where the guy goes into the hardware store "shopping for toilets", that was really a work of art. The store owner was pissed.

Jackass is virtually the pinnacle of hilarity.

And I'm not ashamed to say that.

I always tell people that the dudes in Jackass are the Three Stooges of our generation

They redefine hilarity by hitting each other and basically dumb stuff

i love them

I saw it tonight. It was O.K., but the mere fact that things seem a bit more staged this time around makes them less funny. In fact, I thought that some of the clips during the credits which seemed a bit more old school were funnier than some of the gags that made the movie.

My opinion and obviously you have yours. However, I'm not forking out $20 to see guys make fools out of themselves. I'll save my money for the good stuff put out on the big screen.

That's all well and good, but I'd expect someone in the business to at least be more respectful to people who are making a very good living busting their ass to make fools out of themselves...that's all. :wacko:

That's all well and good, but I'd expect someone in the business to at least be more respectful to people who are making a very good living busting their ass to make fools out of themselves...that's all. :tup:

:wacko:

Not sure where you got the idea I don't respect the people in my industry...I just don't like the movie is all. Nothing more to it than that.

It crushed at the box office this weekend. Hollywood is putting out crap after crap as of late. Big budget movies are just not cutting it these days. Avatar was hugh but it had a gimmick. Otherwise it's a pretty boring movie with a worn out story. Remakes, re-issues, part 1,2,3,4 they seem to be running out of ideas and people just aren't going to the movies like they used to. Jackass 3D comes out and they flock to the theater. Yeah it's dumb but it's funny and you leave the theater feeling like you were entertained for your hard earned dollar. A little smoke, sneak in a flask or two and laugh for and hour and a half. It works for me. For what they spend to make these movies, it has to pretty much be all profit.

It crushed at the box office this weekend. Hollywood is putting out crap after crap as of late. Big budget movies are just not cutting it these days. Avatar was hugh but it had a gimmick. Otherwise it's a pretty boring movie with a worn out story. Remakes, re-issues, part 1,2,3,4 they seem to be running out of ideas and people just aren't going to the movies like they used to. Jackass 3D comes out and they flock to the theater. Yeah it's dumb but it's funny and you leave the theater feeling like you were entertained for your hard earned dollar. A little smoke, sneak in a flask or two and laugh for and hour and a half. It works for me. For what they spend to make these movies, it has to pretty much be all profit.

I can guarantee you that you will walk away from True Grit feeling like you've watched one of the best movies in recent memory. Yes...its going to be Epic. Granted, its a remake, but the Coen Brothers are a different breed. Pretty much anything they touch turns to gold.

I can guarantee you that you will walk away from True Grit feeling like you've watched one of the best movies in recent memory. Yes...its going to be Epic. Granted, its a remake, but the Coen Brothers are a different breed. Pretty much anything they touch turns to gold.

Not as epic as

I always tell people that the dudes in Jackass are the Three Stooges of our generation

They redefine hilarity by hitting each other and basically dumb stuff

i love them

Not even close. The stooges were originals and didn't rely on special effects.

Sorry...no comparison. Your generation or not. Not even close. The Stooges span ALL generations.

Oh, I'm excited to see this for sure. Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors of all time. Gonna grab my son and leave mom at home for that one.

Not even close. The stooges were originals and didn't rely on special effects.

Sorry...no comparison. Your generation or not. Not even close. The Stooges span ALL generations.

There really isn't any special effects in Jackass movies. What you see is what you get. The punishment dished out makes the Stooges look like wimps. Now I love the Stooges and all but the Jackass boys bring slap stick to a whole different level. It really is a generational thing RR. Plus I'm pretty sure when Curly or Moe were hit by "bricks", they weren't made of concrete. So yeah, they used special effects even wayyyyyy back then.

I think that you're comparing apples to oranges.

Who, in your opinion, is "putting the good stuff out on the big screen" with respect to comedies?

I'm not looking for Citizen Kane - just a few good laughs.