[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why are we not talking about this?

cliaz

screw the story and the actors, look at the special effects.

But, fwiw I feel that this movie is going to blow Independence Day out of the water. They came to steal our resources but in Skyline, it looks like they came for specifically us. Maybe slave traders or harvesting humans for food. Dunno.

But what I like is that they apparently don't have these uber shields, they have that blue light on each ship from the small to the large that pull you in and they suck you up into one of their ships.

I'm a concept man and love concepts and atmospheres more than actual story and special effects. I personally think this concept is freaky. Think about it. You are in bed and then all of a sudden a bright blue light is shinning outside your window. What do you do? You would naturally look. That's all it takes to pull you to the staging point where the collector ships pull you up. And you can see in the preview trailer that all of the smaller ships that come out and begin sweeping the cities all have the same blue light.

Like moths to a flame.

Independence day was good for a popcorn flick but I always had issues with how they arrive and why they needed to destroy all of the cities and people in order to rape the planet of resources. They obviously had superior technology and could have simple taken what they needed without bothering to kill all humans. You can argue the nuclear contamination point against my observation but I still think it was a vastly flawed story line. And, of course, ID2 and 3 will be coming out in 2013 and 14.