[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

state freedom rankings

Azazello1313

Also, ever thought that it's the citizens of those states that you call "unfree" that have opted for their laws as opposed to the government foisting laws upon them? Maybe they think their lives are actually better that way.

well I kind of presume that's the case, to a large degree. :wacko: the people who deliver more government supervision and intrusion generally campaign and get elected being at least somewhat forthright about their plans. so yeah, people by and large are happy to vote away their liberty in the name of security (or whatever). ben franklin had some famous thoughts on that, by the way.

well I kind of presume that's the case, to a large degree. :wacko: the people who deliver more government supervision and intrusion generally campaign and get elected being at least somewhat forthright about their plans. so yeah, people by and large are happy to vote away their liberty in the name of security (or whatever). ben franklin had some famous thoughts on that, by the way.

:tup:

Ben Franklin was, of course, right. But Ben Franklin never lived in Chicago or LA either.

ummm, auto insurance is a must imo.

Nod as that's a responsibility and I'm in favor of seatbelts also. Been wearin' the belt since 1974. It's automatic w/ me.

Don't get me started on helmet laws.

Ben Franklin was, of course, right. But Ben Franklin never lived in Chicago or LA either.

I think your insinuation is rather thin. TX is #5 on the list with the #4, 6, 28 and 35 biggest metro population areas. CO is #2 on the list with the #21 biggest metro area. among others in the top 10, missouri, arizona, tennessee and virginia all have big population centers with lots of poverty and minorities and whatever other challenges you think goes along with living in Chicago or LA. it seems like a pretty weak excuse.

Edited by Azazello1313

not that anybody cares, but I have a paper on the verge of publication (fingers crossed) that finds that economic freedom is generally associated with higher economic growth (although this finding does not hold for all subcomponents of economic freedom).

paper just got accepted for publication this morning :wacko:

Nod as that's a responsibility and I'm in favor of seatbelts also. Been wearin' the belt since 1974. It's automatic w/ me.

Don't get me started on helmet laws.

Completely agree, and interestingly enough, seatbelt and helmet laws ARE actually part of the libertarian platform. No lie. I've even heard "radical" libertarians such as Ralph Nader argue in favor of this.

Basically, the libertarianism I subscribe to, is defined as: You have the right to be free to do as wish, but if you impede on someone elses' liberty, then you are to be held personally accountable and responsible.

And since you cannot guarantee that a person has the income to reimburse for peeling his ass off the pavement, just because he was negligent and didn't take the proper precautions, then it comes out of the tax-payers' wallets, and that becomes a case of impeding on our liberty. Thus is why it is, and should be, against the law.

And in other news, Ron Paul is still the mother f'in man. That is all.

Completely agree, and interestingly enough, seatbelt and helmet laws ARE actually part of the libertarian platform. No lie. I've even heard "radical" libertarians such as Ralph Nader argue in favor of this.

Basically, the libertarianism I subscribe to, is defined as: You have the right to be free to do as wish, but if you impede on someone elses' liberty, then you are to be held personally accountable and responsible.

And since you cannot guarantee that a person has the income to reimburse for peeling his ass off the pavement, just because he was negligent and didn't take the proper precautions, then it comes out of the tax-payers' wallets, and that becomes a case of impeding on our liberty. Thus is why it is, and should be, against the law.

And in other news, Ron Paul is still the mother f'in man. That is all.

I never considered Ralph Nader a real libertarian.