[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mexico is getting really bad

Perchoutofwater

My father recently completed a 9 year term on the board of a charity hospital here in the US, and has been asked to serve a 9 year term on the board of a charity hospital in Mexico City. He has been seriously considering it, but based on these pictures has all but made up his mind to turn down the position.

Pictures of the Mexican Drug Wars - Some are very graphic and NSFW

It makes no sense why your average jose Mexican would want to leave at all costs. Sure it's dangerous but there's a lot of good paying jobs.

After looking at the pictures are you still sure you want a bunch of undocumented Mexicans in this country? You know, in high % hispanic areas here in town, we see quite a bit of gang and drug activity as well as murders, granted, not as bad as in Mexico, but that is because they haven't gotten a foothold here like they have in Mexico.

After looking at the pictures are you still sure you want a bunch of undocumented Mexicans in this country? You know, in high % hispanic areas here in town, we see quite a bit of gang and drug activity as well as murders, granted, not as bad as in Mexico, but that is because they haven't gotten a foothold here like they have in Mexico.

I can't have both you and Az putting words in my mouth at the same time. Come on.

All I said is that in looking at those pictures I can empathise with someone who might see all that going on around them and their family and conclude the best course of action would be to get the f*ck out. That's all I said. Check with perch and the rest of the tea party, I am very much opposed to illegal immigration. I just don't care very much for the tone of the immigration debate.

I'm willing to bet most illegal Mexicans are good guys trying to get away from the bad guys and so I think they deserve to be treated with at least the minimum amount of human decency while we try and keep them out. And ATMs should be in English by default.

There are plenty of counties north of Dallas that are dangerous. Drug activity, murders, prostitution but it's very rural. White folk all methed out, unfortunately, one of them a cousin of mine. $hit happens I guess. Or should I keep an eye on that white family that moved in at the end of the block?

Should we just legalize pot and see if we can put the drug cartels out of business? I'm sure if Philip Morris was making billions off the pot trade that we would have troops shoulder to shoulder along the border.

Should we just legalize pot and see if we can put the drug cartels out of business? I'm sure if Philip Morris was making billions off the pot trade that we would have troops shoulder to shoulder along the border.

I imagine pot isn't their big seller. Can't be can it?

Edited by Clubfoothead

All I said is that in looking at those pictures I can empathise with someone who might see all that going on around them and their family and conclude the best course of action would be to get the f*ck out. That's all I said.

I know right? Why else would they want to come here.

btw, do you pay taxes? I highly doubt you earn enough to actually pay income tax, but here is some info regardless:

Spring 2005 Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons:

"Cristobal Silverio came illegally from Oxtotilan, Mexico, in 1997 and brought his wife Felipa, plus three children aged 19, 12 and 8. Felipa ... gave birth to a new daughter, her anchor baby, named Flor. Flor was premature, spent three months in the neonatal incubator, and cost San Joaquin Hospital more than $300,000. Meanwhile, (Felipa's 19-year-old daughter) Lourdes plus her illegal alien husband produced their own anchor baby, Esmeralda. Grandma Felipa created a second anchor baby, Cristian. ... The two Silverio anchor babies generate $1,000 per month in public welfare funding. Flor gets $600 per month for asthma. Healthy Cristian gets $400. Cristobal and Felipa last year earned $18,000 picking fruit. Flor and Cristian were paid $12,000 for being anchor babies."

In the Silverios' munificent new hometown of Stockton, Calif., 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in 2003 in the San Joaquin General Hospital were anchor babies. As of this month, Stockton is $23 million in the hole.

Dont give them a reason to come here. Go after employers that hire them, go after people that rent to them. reform the drug policies in this country and greatly step up border control. :wacko: get rid of why the come here and why the violence is so high now before that level of violence is seen here with the same regularity

Dont give them a reason to come here. Go after employers that hire them, go after people that rent to them. reform the drug policies in this country and greatly step up border control. :wacko: get rid of why the come here and why the violence is so high now before that level of violence is seen here with the same regularity

I agree with all that, but we should abolish the anchor baby laws, and actually enforce our immigration laws putting any and all illegal aliens back on buses, trains, plains, and boats to their native homes as well, rather than just letting them continue to live here.

Agree 100% and while we are at why don't we round them up and ship them back???

dam liberal

Agree 100% and while we are at why don't we round them up and ship them back???

Having just spent the last week near El Paso, almost all of the illegals being caught and deported there are families trying to escape the violence in Juarez.

Those mothers, fathers, and kids, they all deserve to die. :wacko: