[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Billions of people gather in D.C....

evil_gop_liars

I'm sure there is a lot of hyperbole there. Having said that, if I was on my deathbed, or was given two months to live with treatment of some disease, I'd probably refuse treatment to die a few weeks or months early so that I could pass my estate on to my children unmolested.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there is a lot of hyperbole there. Having said that, if I was on my deathbed, or was given two months to live with treatment of some disease, I'd probably refuse treatment to die a few weeks or months early so that I could pass my estate on to my children unmolested.

Thank you Paris Hilton...

:lol::lol:

:wacko::tup::tup:

Seriously, you don't think there are some people out there knocking on deaths door that figure they are about to die anyway, why not speed it along by refusing treatment so that they can pass their estate on to their children unmolested? I'm not saying committing suicide or anything of that magnitude, but I think you are naive if you think that isn't at least crossing some people's minds. I'd also almost be willing to bet that there are more plugs pulled in the last 5 days of December this year than in any other 5 day period in history.

That is totally false.

It COMPLETELY left out how Obama isnt really "campaigning" right now, but going from hospital to hospital pulling plugs as a one man "death panel".

I blame the left wing media for failing to report this. Please save us Fox news!!!!!

Blame who you want but I blame the Penny Lanetards that elected that inexperienced useless thing called Obama. I can't understand how people still think he is a capable president. You can admit you voted wrong - a lot of people who voted for Bush admit it so I think you guys can.

Blame who you want but I blame the Penny Lanetards that elected that inexperienced useless thing called Obama. I can't understand how people still think he is a capable president. You can admit you voted wrong - a lot of people who voted for Bush admit it so I think you guys can.

Some men you just can't reach.

Seriously, you don't think there are some people out there knocking on deaths door that figure they are about to die anyway, why not speed it along by refusing treatment so that they can pass their estate on to their children unmolested? I'm not saying committing suicide or anything of that magnitude, but I think you are naive if you think that isn't at least crossing some people's minds. I'd also almost be willing to bet that there are more plugs pulled in the last 5 days of December this year than in any other 5 day period in history.

You can't be serious. If you've reached the point that you actually believe any of this, then I give up. This is scaremongering that only a preschooler or total moran would believe.

You can't be serious. If you've reached the point that you actually believe any of this, then I give up. This is scaremongering that only a preschooler or total moran would believe.

Sure I'm serious. If I had a $10MM estate and was told I had 6 months to a year to live with treatment, or that I'd die within a month with no treatment, I'd refuse the treatment. Can you honestly say you wouldn't?

Sure I'm serious. If I had a $10MM estate and was told I had 6 months to a year to live with treatment, or that I'd die within a month with no treatment, I'd refuse the treatment. Can you honestly say you wouldn't?

Absolutely. I'd rather opt for more time with my family then worry about how large of a trust fund my kids could have. :wacko:

Absolutely. I'd rather opt for more time with my family then worry about how large of a trust fund my kids could have. :wacko:

I don't think I would. One the quality of life probably wouldn't be that good. Two I'd probably be a burden to my children. Based on that plus the money or assets they would lose out on, it would just seem selfish to me. I guess if I was to have a good quality of life, or needed to hold on for some special event like my daughters wedding or something I would try to hang on, but if not why not end my suffering a few months early and save my kids a fortune?

paul krugman's the one who first suggested these types of scenarios, back when the tax first passed. if I recall, he and others were calling it the "throw mama from the train" tax.

paul krugman's the one who first suggested these types of scenarios, back when the tax first passed. if I recall, he and others were calling it the "throw mama from the train" tax.

<Though if i recall it was to underline the sunsetting provision of this tax break whiwh anyone would have to admit was pretty cynical, cowardly, or politically deft (either way, whoever is blaming obama for this one in this thread is reallt an idiot) depending on your view point. It was not out of concern for these constituents that are being brought up in this thread.

?

Clearly all plants by the opposition just done to smear the message.

Sincerly

-Tea party activists

Oh wait. . . wrong rally?

Thise kids need to lay off the doobie . . . . and using kids at a comedy show as legit political commentary is hilarious . . . and very very stupid as way to say "gotcha" :tup:. :wacko: