[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss

Union Jack

Randy Moss is the most overrated player in the NFL. Why people hang on this guys sack as much as they do is beyond me? He creates absolutely no separation and hardly ever gives maximum effort. People talk about his value as a "decoy"? Heck, if I'm the DC I single him all day and focus only on stopping CJ3. The guy is a borderline WR4 and his inconsistency IMO, makes him unrosterable.

Edited by theprofessor

Randy Moss is the most overrated pleyer in the NFL. Why people hang on this guys sack as much as they do is beyond me? He creates absolutely no separation and hardly ever gives maximum effort. People talk about his value as a "decoy"? Heck, if I'm the DC I single him all day and focus only on stopping CJ3.

And then you get killed by Randy Moss . . . there's a reason why everyone doubles this guy on every down. Why they don't double guys like Andre Johnson and Roddy White the same way, I'm not sure. Makes no sense to me at all.

All that said, I think I'm ready to give up on him as a fantasy asset this season.

Randy Moss is the most overrated pleyer in the NFL. Why people hang on this guys sack as much as they do is beyond me? He creates absolutely no separation and hardly ever gives maximum effort. People talk about his value as a "decoy"? Heck, if I'm the DC I single him all day and focus only on stopping CJ3.

Bench him vs my Redskins and the Texans (twice) at your own risk.

Although I can agree with sitting him the other weeks...

I should qualify what I said above by saying that I'd do the same thing professor said he'd do - I'd rather stop CJ and gamble that Moss can't beat me with the non-pass-happy O that TEN sports

Heck, if I'm the DC I single him all day and focus only on stopping CJ3.

And that's why you're not the DC. Single cover Moss and he will eat up just about every DB in the NFL, even playing at half speed, even not interested, even at this stage in his career.

Randy Moss is the most overrated player in the NFL. Why people hang on this guys sack as much as they do is beyond me? He creates absolutely no separation and hardly ever gives maximum effort. People talk about his value as a "decoy"? Heck, if I'm the DC I single him all day and focus only on stopping CJ3. The guy is a borderline WR4 and his inconsistency IMO, makes him unrosterable.

Really?

Last year, just last year, nearly 1300 yds and 13 TD's!

eta: In 13 years prior to this season he has had only 3 seasons with less than 10 TD's and only 2 seasons with less than 1000 yds rec and have had either 1000yds rec or 10 TD's every season except 1, 2006.

So a guy who will get you either 1000 yds rec or 10+TDs or both in 12 out of 13 seasons and give you 8 seasons of 1200+ yds rec is not what I would call inconsistent.

Edited by Jrick35

And that's why you're not the DC. Single cover Moss and he will eat up just about every DB in the NFL, even playing at half speed, even not interested, even at this stage in his career.

true, but the alternative is really opening up the field for CJ - pick your poison

When is the NFL going to start awarding PI stats to QBs and WRs? Moss' play of the game yesterday was a 33 yard gainer that he didn't even catch . . . same went for that NE game. Someone needs to get credit for that yardage, says I.

meh... another week or 2 with 1 or 2 catches and he won't even block anymore...

Not if he wants that BIG, FAT contract he's looking for.

(you can tell it's a large contract because I spelled BIG and FAT in all caps)

Edited by tosberg34