[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Leaguers!

Bronco Billy

Don't know what kind of legs this will have, but wtf:

Tied for 1st in weaker of 2 conferences. Less than one hour before trade deadline last night, 14 team start 20 IDP league, I made the following 2 trades:

Trade 1:

Team B (currently last place) gave:

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Vanden Bosch, Kyle DET DE

Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick

My team gave:

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick

ear 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick

Trade 2:

My team gave:

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Hardy, Greg CAR DE

Team C (middle of the pack) gave up

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Shaughnessy, Matt OAK DE

Increased my projected scoring by about 29 ppg (200 ppg gets you in the top 4 in the league)

I traded T Jones for Golden Tate & McCluster

I may have to wait a to 2012 to know ?

Wow. That's a really good trade for your future, IMO. I think both of those kids have shown they can play at the NFL level, and at least one of them could reasonably put up Jones-type numbers.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Our deadline was last Thursday. Wednesday night, I put Steve Smith (NYG) on the block. Got an immediate offer of Jabar Gaffney, a sixth-round draft pick and some free-agent cash for Smith. I was mainly looking for picks or cash (I'm in 7th or 8th out of 12 teams), and Gaffney didn't really thrill me, so I rejected.

The next day Smith tore his pectoral muscle. Oh well.

Our deadline was last Thursday. Wednesday night, I put Steve Smith (NYG) on the block. Got an immediate offer of Jabar Gaffney, a sixth-round draft pick and some free-agent cash for Smith. I was mainly looking for picks or cash (I'm in 7th or 8th out of 12 teams), and Gaffney didn't really thrill me, so I rejected.

Why would Smith's injury make you change your opinion on your decision if the league is a dynasty league?

The other trade I made ( for some reason I typed it but it didn't post ) was

I gave up Brees for

Romo , McFadden & what appears to be a late 1st.

my other QB in this league is Matt Ryan

Given that you have Ryan, I like your end of this deal too given that you are building. It looks like you got very good value in return - but didn't screw over the other owner - on both deals.

I pulled off the following trades in 2 leagues:

League 1, 16 team IDP

Trade 1

I gave up:

RBBowe, Dwayne KCC WR 5 yrs

Ivory, Christopher NOS RB DTS

Morris, Maurice DET (contract dump)

Grant, Larry STL LB 1yr (contract dump)

Haggan, Mario DEN LB 1 yr

Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick (probably a top 6ish pick)

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Riverfront Raptors (probably a late 1st)

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Riverfront Raptors

I got Johnson, Calvin DET WR 3yrs

Adibi, Xavier HOU LB DTS (a throw in)

Year 2012 Round 7 Draft Pick from Needham Hogs of War

$30 in league money (we are awarded $100/year)

Trade 2

I gave up Daniels, Owen HOU TE 1yr

Year 2011 Round 5 Draft Pick from Riverfront Raptors

& $10 in league funds

I got Miller, Zach OAK TE 1yr (I couldn't wait any longer for Daniels)

Trade 3

I gave up Gibson, Brandon STL WR DTS

Year 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick from Riverfront Raptors

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Riverfront Raptors

I got Pollard, Bernard HOU S 2yrs

Year 2011 Round 8 Draft Pick from Dionysius I of Syracuse

Year 2012 Round 8 Draft Pick from Marietta Vendetta

Trade 4 (this was about 5 mins before the deadline)

I gave up Mikell, Quintin PHL S 1yr

$25 in league funds

I got Landry, LaRon WAS S 1yr

Those deals leave me with a good squad but going into week 10 I was 8-1 and believe it or not I won't be surprised if this team ends up missing the playoffs (lost in week 10 to go to 8-2)

Key players: Peyton Manning, Best, Benson (Torain), Nicks, Calvin Johnson, Steve Johnson (Santonio Holmes), ZMiller OAK, Jared Allen, Peppers, DJ Williams, Desmond Bishop, Vilma, David Harris, Antoine Winfield, Leon Hall, Pollard, Landry (Dawkins)

And that is for a 16 team league and I am easily the 2nd and maybe only 3rd best team in my own division. :wacko:

In another 16 team IDP league I did the following trade:

I gave up:

Bush, Reggie NOS RB 4yrs

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 2yrs

Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick from Williamsburg Warriors

$5 in league funds (we get $50/year)

I got Johnson, Andre HOU WR 5yrs

In this league I really hated giving up Bush (big fan,especially in PPR) but a guy like AJ will help to solidify my WRs (SSmith (CAR), Knox, Amendola, Golden Tate

Those deals leave me with a good squad but going into week 10 I was 8-1 and believe it or not I won't be surprised if this team ends up missing the playoffs (lost in week 10 to go to 8-2)

:wacko:

Hey! Lou Holtz! Peppers just hung 26+ pts on me last night all by himself.

I would love to add this option to our league ,,, I'm not in any leagues that allow trading players for FA cash but I like the sound of it.

The only draw back is we have a cap on FA cash ,, so even though what is not used is carried over to next year you can not re-up for more than the max $300 ( oh these are reall $$ FA leagues )

So if I was to trade say Charles for $200 and I rolled it over to next year. Even though that would be $200 that wouldn't come out of my pocket I could only add $100 to bring my total up to $300

How many others are in a league that allows players for FA $$ ?

And those that are how do you like it ?

This is the one part of ATAP that I don't like, but you have to plan accordingly knowing that someone can sell off players and/or draft picks to acquire cash and have carte blanche in free agency (and I freely admit to participating in the process myself during the initial draft). If FA $$$ are exchanged, I'd like to see them transfer at a reduced rate. It seems to allow owners to let others do the dirty work of digging up capable players and then allows others to simply outbid for those players once their contracts are up. But that's my philosophy, and I also understand the other side of the issue.

Edited by Bronco Billy

$750 FFPC Dynasty league - some real head scratchers (roster limit 20 no taxi squad) (Max of 16 players held over per year with 1 K + 1 DF included)

--- Ming Returns ---

Trade Away:

Percy Harvin (MIN)

Receive:

Brandon Tate (NWE)

2011 Draft, Rnd 4

--- Glenneration X -Dynasty ---

Trade Away:

Brandon Tate (NWE)

2011 Draft, Rnd 4

Receive:

Percy Harvin (MIN)

--------------------------------------------------------------

--- Cavalier King Charles ---

Trade Away:

Tom Brady (NWE)

Receive:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF)

Shonn Greene (NYJ)

--- Ming Returns ---

Trade Away:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF)

Shonn Greene (NYJ)

Receive:

Tom Brady (NWE)

---------------------------------------------------------------

--- Glenneration X -Dynasty ---

Trade Away:

Eddie Royal (DEN)

Steve Slaton (HOU)

2011 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Evil Monkeys)

Receive:

New Orleans Saints (NOR)

Greg Jennings (GNB)

2011 Draft, Rnd 7

--- Cavalier King Charles ---

Trade Away:

New Orleans Saints (NOR)

Greg Jennings (GNB)

2011 Draft, Rnd 7

Receive:

Eddie Royal (DEN)

Steve Slaton (HOU)

2011 Draft, Rnd 1 (from Evil Monkeys)

---------------------------------------------------

--- Dragons ---

Trade Away:

Lee Evans (BUF)

Receive:

Thomas Jones (KAN)

--- Ming Returns ---

Trade Away:

Thomas Jones (KAN)

Receive:

Lee Evans (BUF)

------------------------------------------------------

My new local dynasty league I started this year PPR (35 man roster with IDP and taxi able to hold rookies for up to 3 years)

Both of these deals were pretty awful I think and the same guy got the better end in both Boise.

Boise gave up:

Gettis, David CAR WR

Hartline, Brian MIA WR

Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick from Las Vegas

Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Boise

Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from Akron

Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from Northern California

Cleveland gave up:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

------------------------------------------------------------------

Puerto Rico gave up:

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB

Allen, Jared MIN DE

Matthews, Clay GBP LB;

Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Boise;

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico

Boise gave up Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

I did a few this year...

League 1 - Local "unlimited" keeper league (but rules allow us to only keep players for so long, etc.). In other words, unlimited only in the sense that we keep as many as we want, as long as they fit the keeper criteria. We also franchise one player, for a maximum of three years.

I gave up:

Jordan Shipley

Jermichael Finley

Keiland Williams

I received:

Marques Colston

Maurice Jones-Drew

Jason Witten

The key with this trade is that the guys I gave up have excellent keeper value (all cost picks in the 8th round or later), while the guys I received are not keeper-eligible for next year. Basically, I traded some pretty solid keeper prospects, as well as an improvement in picks (for the other owner), in order to "rent' Colston, MJD, and Witten for the rest of the playoff run. I now have Vick at QB, Peterson/Johnson/MJD at RB, Boldin/Marshall/Welker/Colston at WR, and Witten/Gresham/Boss at TE in this league (most of which I won't be able to keep next season). Still, it's a pretty solid group to be entering the playoffs with, and I will be able to keep some solid core pieces (Johnson, Vick, Boldin, Gresham). What's crazy is that I'm in 2nd place in my division, fighting for a wild card, even though I've scored over 200 more points than the division leader. :wacko:

League 2 - Dynasty Warz 2 (Trade #1)

I gave up:

Carson Palmer

Daryl Smith

Dawan Landry

I received:

Kyle Orton

Mike Hart

Abram Elam

Lawyer Milloy

Basically, I had LB depth (start Dansby, Greenway, and Anderson most weeks), so I dished off Smith to DGF, giving him an upgrade at LB and DB, in exchange for the upgrade at QB. Good deal for both sides, hopefully.

League 2 - Dynasty Warz 2 (Trade #2)

I gave up:

Legedu Naanee

Amobi Okoye

Pat Angerer

2011 1st and 4th round picks

I received:

Brandon Lloyd

Kyle Williams

2011 7th and 8th round picks

I got a significant upgrade at WR (now have Lloyd and Roddy White), but gave up a pretty nice young LB in Angerer, as well as the picks (but they both should be later picks in their respective rounds, which is why I was willing to part with them). I also got a decent DL player in Williams (a position I was hurting at).

Too Many Leagues (3-player keeper league)

Trade 1

I gave up:

DeSean Jackson

Michael Bush

I received:

Matt Forte

Mike Sims-Walker

Trade 2

I gave up:

Steve Johnson

Danny Amendola

I received:

Steven Jackson

Marques Colston

These were simple... My RB's were terrible. Not to mention, Jackson/Colston can't be kept, while Johnson/Amendola can be kept for next to nothing. In other words, another trade where I gave up keeper potential, in exchange for help this year only. It's a PPR league with yardage bonuses, so you can do without studs at RB, but mine were brutal. Prior to the trade, my RB group was Pierre (hurt all year), Hightower, M. Bush, Ivory, and Goodson. Considering I gave up some solid WR's (DJax, Johnson, and Amendola), I think I'm way better off after these deals. With a flex, I'm now able to start Forte/SJax at RB, and three of these WR's... Wallace, MSW, Colston, Fitz, and Lance Moore.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I owned Finley in all of the above leagues (as well as about four others), which is a big contributing factor as to why I'm scrambling at the trade deadline. That injury threw a HUGE wrench into this season for me. :tup:

If this is in a MUST start TE & 12 team or larger league ? than a decent trade for you

Even then I hope you had great WR depth ,,,, Jennings is still pretty young

12 team league, rosters are 20 deep, start 1-2 RBs, 4-5 WRs, 1-2 TEs - salary cap

I have both Jennings and Desean Jackson but can only keep 1 (expiring contracts) and I'm already out of the playoffs this year. Dallas Clark will be cheap next year (salary cap wise) because of his injury this year.

That just leaves me figuring out what to do with the 2 TEs I already have - Zach Miller (OAK) & Tony Moeaki

To Gopher .................. WOW

Trade 2

I gave up:

Steve Johnson

Danny Amendola

I received:

Steven Jackson

Marques Colston

Nice trade :tup:

Like I said in the comments, the key to that trade is that I can not keep Jackson or Colston (unless I give up a first round pick, essentially), while the other owner can keep both Johnson and Amendola for the lowest draft picks possible (because I acquired both as free agents). So, yeah, it looks like a steal for me, on paper. But, the keeper part of it sealed the deal for the other owner (who is out of the running for the playoffs).

Both of those trades were no-brainers, for me... With nothing at RB, I had to make something happen. What is on the waiver wire in that league at WR, compared to what is available at RB, is night and day. Mike Thomas, for example, was picked up this week. Best RB available on the waiver wire is junk, basically. Considering that I received Colston and Sims-Walker in the two deals, and already had Fitz/Wallace, giving up Johnson, Jackson, and Amendola wasn't as bad as it sounds. Should be interesting to see how it all works out.

This is an enormous week for playoff implications, with several of my leagues having double-headers (now that the byes are over). :wacko:

I really enjoy this thread & would love to have a weekly dynasty thread ,,, it is so much different than 90% of the discussion that normally goes on in these forums.

Non dynasty players just don't comprehend how differently we value players, trades & drafts. It's a different animal all together. The only redraft leagues I play in are draft & go.

So my value of players much like the others posting in this thread is completely different than those of the majority posters.

Could you imagine what the average non dynasty league player would think if I posted I was considering trading

Peyton Manning , Thomas Jones & LT

for

Matt Ryan & Shonn Greene & a 2011 pick

They would say I lost my mind

Now the dynasty leagues I play in have no contracts and once you own a player either by draft or trade he is yours until you drop or trade him away.

Might be different than others but dynasty leaguers can still grasp the value of the players is such a trade were other wouldn't

A dynasty only forum would be best but I could handle having just a weekly dynasty thread.

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

I would love to add this option to our league ,,, I'm not in any leagues that allow trading players for FA cash but I like the sound of it.

The only draw back is we have a cap on FA cash ,, so even though what is not used is carried over to next year you can not re-up for more than the max $300 ( oh these are reall $$ FA leagues )

So if I was to trade say Charles for $200 and I rolled it over to next year. Even though that would be $200 that wouldn't come out of my pocket I could only add $100 to bring my total up to $300

We allow the trading of FA $ in Fusion, Any Time Any Place & Home Field Advantage...and I really like it...it allows for another commodity that teams can use to try and build their teams...also there are times when a trade is close but just off and a bit of cash can be what helps to get a deal done. FWIW, you will find owners that value $$, Picks and players all differently and it just adds to the complexity of the league.