[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers v Vikings

gbpfan1231

I am always amazed at the non-ability of the Vikings coach staff to adjust as the game goes on. They came out with a great game plan, but the pack makes a few adjustments and the Vikings have no answer. This is on both sides of the ball.

This isn't on the Bevell. How do you blame the coaches when you're not even allowed to talk to your quarterback? If the game keeps on going the way it did in the 2nd, it may be time for TJax.

And I'm anxious to see what McCarthy does coming out in the 2nd. One of my issues with him is he seems to let off the gas and let teams get back into games. Youve got your foot on there throat, you've got to keep it up. Peterson, Harvin and company are always dangerous.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the 41 game stats between Favre/Rodgers.

same amount of wins . . but Favre 50ish TDs 45ish INTS

Rodgers 78ish TDS . . . 28ish INTS.

:wacko:

Favre apologists would point out that Favre was taking over a team that was 10-22 the previous few years and was rebuilding, while Rodgers stepped into the drivers seat of an offensively loaded 13-3 team.

And they'd be right. Also, good offensive numbers come cheaper now than they did even in the early 90s.

Either way, I'm pretty happy with this guy following that guy. Nice continuity at the QB position.

Favre apologists would point out that Favre was taking over a team that was 10-22 the previous few years and was rebuilding, while Rodgers stepped into the drivers seat of an offensively loaded 13-3 team.

And they'd be right. Also, good offensive numbers come cheaper now than they did even in the early 90s.

Either way, I'm pretty happy with this guy following that guy. Nice continuity at the QB position.

It could also be argued that Favre didn't have that much pressure or expectations on him when he took over. Rodgers on the other hand walked into a hairy situation, by following a legend and a fanbase which at the time was divided.

It could also be argued that Favre didn't have that much pressure or expectations on him when he took over. Rodgers on the other hand walked into a hairy situation, by following a legend and a fanbase which at the time was divided.

That's also a good point.

I guess the best way to put it is that it's not a complete apples-to-apples comparison - or at least you're trying to compare a Granny Smith to a MacIntosh.

OK this is getting way ahead but... If the Vikes do turn to Jackson is there any chance Favre retires? I keep hearing that and I can't believe he would???

If he does that would tarnish him even more - He can't just give up and go home can he? I guess it could be a convenient surgery or something but he can't just go home can he?

OK this is getting way ahead but... If the Vikes do turn to Jackson is there any chance Favre retires? I keep hearing that and I can't believe he would???

If he does that would tarnish him even more - He can't just give up and go home can he? I guess it could be a convenient surgery or something but he can't just go home can he?

I give that less than 2 percent chance of happening. They won't bench Favre. If they do, he won't listen and will just take the field anyways.

Nothing like an entire thread full of the self centered fudge packer fans. It's so enjoyable watching yourself proclaim yourself the best team on the planet *rollseyes*. We have the full gamut of hose bags in here (bronco hillbillly, chavez, gb...whatever your name is, the marine wannabe). Have fun today. News flash...this isn't the superbowl. And you won't sniff it.

Nothing like an entire thread full of the self centered fudge packer fans. It's so enjoyable watching yourself proclaim yourself the best team on the planet *rollseyes*. We have the full gamut of hose bags in here (bronco hillbillly, chavez, gb...whatever your name is, the marine wannabe). Have fun today. News flash...this isn't the superbowl. And you won't sniff it.

Love it.

Awwww..poor baby. Would you like some warm milk with that whine?

Were you quiet last year when the Vikes beat the Pack twice? I doubt it. Dude grow a pair.

Actually, no one is saying GB is the best. I'm actually not bagging on the Vikes. Every team gets bitten by the diaper dirtstorm season. No sense in piling on, as it sucks to be in that situation. Truth is that I do respect a few of the real, non monster truck aficionado Vikes fans that are here. I will however, continue to call you and Ed Hoyle a monster truck aficionado.