[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers v Vikings

gbpfan1231

Just had it pointed out - GB has allowed 10 pts in their last 3 games. 1 td in the last 12 quarters.

I just double-checked and that is one td in their last THIRTEEN quarters.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to say that seeing Favre go out like this does make me extremely happy. He might have gotten the best of us last year, but everyone will remember this year. It has nothing to do with Vikings fans, but the crap he pulled in Green Bay. The win in October was great for Ted Thompson and McCarthy, but this is something else. Goodbye Brett.

Thank you Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy.

+1

Actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow

I just wish Ed Hoyle was here spouting his love for favre.

Props to the Vikes fans that were in here today, I really feel for you. With the talent your team has, to have that Glass Onion coach around must be excruciating.

The Vikes are running AP into the ground and wasting precious years of very very solid DL and LB play with horrible secondary play.

It was nice seeing Rice out there today .. . . but it is too little, too late.

I just wish Ed Hoyle was here spouting his love for favre.

Props to the Vikes fans that were in here today, I really feel for you. With the talent your team has, to have that Glass Onion coach around must be excruciating.

The Vikes are running AP into the ground and wasting precious years of very very solid DL and LB play with horrible secondary play.

It was nice seeing Rice out there today .. . . but it is too little, too late.

Yeah, I really feel for the Vikings fans too.

Actually, on second thought, no I don't. :wacko:

I couldn't watch much of the second half. I wasn't home last week during the game and didn't catch much of that either.

I mentioned to my son that maybe we could get some Vikes tickets on the cheap after this week. He doesn't want to go to any F'n games even if it didn't cost him a nickel.

A Favre apologist I am not. No more. Let the Childress watch start over another week. I don't know how the team can get any lower if they have to switch coaches and lose continuity. They don't have any continuity anyway and nobody is playing for Chilly right now.

The Star Tribune ran a poll last week to see if Favre, Chilly, neither or both should leave. It was both in a landslide. If I'd have voted last week the vote would've been Chilly must go. Now I think they both should.

Not so great for the Vikes either.

About the only positive that comes from an ass-whipping like that is it should be blatantly obvious (if it wasnt already so) that changes need to be made. Last year was last year. Its history. This year, its not working. Zygi needs to take a real hard look at the pieces he has in place and decide which ones have to go.

Had other things to do today so I missed the game. Not such a bad thing given the result. :tup:

Congrats to the Packer fans. Enjoy your moment in the sun. Hopefully Zygi is pushed over the edge after this embarrasing ass whooping at home against the team's greatest rival and he puts the plan into motion to rebuild the entire coaching staff and secure a top QB in next year's draft. It may take a while, but we'll be back. :wacko:

Had other things to do today so I missed the game. Not such a bad thing given the result. :tup:

Congrats to the Packer fans. Enjoy your moment in the sun. Hopefully Zygi is pushed over the edge after this embarrasing ass whooping at home against the team's greatest rival and he puts the plan into motion to rebuild the entire coaching staff and secure a top QB in next year's draft. It may take a while, but we'll be back. :wacko:

Get rid of Chilly and install a new QB and you guys are right back in the hunt, IMO. The pieces are almost all there.

Get rid of Chilly and install a new QB and you guys are right back in the hunt, IMO. The pieces are almost all there.

At this point I don't think it matters who we get as QB unless something drastically changes in the offensive line. Loadholt is terrible and McKinney is almost as good as a blocking sled.

Our secondary sucks ass, our d-line can't get any pressure on the QB, our o-line is horrible, and our WRs can't stay healthy. We also miss a 3rd down back like Chester tremendously. Other than that, yeah we're friggin' great. Superbowl homeboy.

Whatever Robn . .:tup:

The first Vikes/packers game this year was one of the best football games this year . . exciting down to the last seconds.

First time I go trolling in years, and I catch the wrong fish! :wacko:

Yeah, what the hell happened with the D-line? They showed some of their previous season's ferocity early in the game, then not much else. A mediocre secondary can be covered almost completely by a good to great D-line play.

Looked like they gave up like the Cowboys did the first 8 games.

Bring on those Bears. :wacko: The last game of the season should be interesting if both keep winning.

Forgot-the Packers D has given up 10 points the last 3 games. :tup:

Edited by Randall

BPWallace....Go to Hell. Your team won. Act like you've been there. I'm a Favre fan and have a strong disdain for TT and how it was handled. Favre was just as much at fault. Unless GB can win it all under TT they will always be "almost as good"...IMHO.

As for yesterday's game, I was in the woods and didn't see the game, but listened to most of the game on the way home.

I am a Favre Fan, but not to the point that I don't admit when I'm wrong. Last year the Vikings were the better team. Done and out.

This year the Packers are the better team and putting it together. They look like the real deal (not like the first 5 games). They are playing as an "ENTIRE TEAM". The D/ST is lights out. AR and the Offense is playing great ball. He is making J. Jones and Jennings looking like stars. That is opening up the Running Game as well. The announcers said AR started out shaky, but it is evident he's playing great ball. He played as good a game as Favre ever did during the regular season (outside of the OAK game after Favre's dad died). Let's just hope AR doesn't continue to do the "Title Belt" thing. I don't know if he did it yesterday, but it just looks dumb until he wins one. JMHO.

If GB can keep this up and win the big one, I will officially cut TT and MM some slack. They are looking to be in the Pre-Season form that many predicted. Dismantling Dallas and MN are accomplishments. While neither is playing in their "top form" they are still an NFL team and have been embarrassed. I also think the Bears are on borrowed time if GB plays like they did.

The Falcons are the big test...if they can win in as deciding fashion, then they are the team to beat in the NFC. Right now, they seem to be one of the top teams in the NFC if not the entire NFL.

Edited by Ed Hoyle