[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Muslims to pat themselves down at airports

polksalet

if Muslims don't want to go through the rigmarole of this screening stuff - then they don't have to fly (which would mean that we don't need the screening and would let them fly again). Hmmm, sounds like we need the screening just to keep them away.

+1

If they don't like the rules, they don't have to fly. Find another means of transportation... Have fun with that. :wacko:

Sick and tired of people feeling "violated" by something that is optional/voluntary... If you don't like how it makes you feel, don't choose to participate. Plain and simple.

+1

If they don't like the rules, they don't have to fly. Find another means of transportation... Have fun with that. :wacko:

Sick and tired of people feeling "violated" by something that is optional/voluntary... If you don't like how it makes you feel, don't choose to participate. Plain and simple.

agreed

agreed

Same here but... I don't mind the scans and the pat downs - people saying they are being violated is just an excuse to get upset at something.

I am annoyed that it is now a huge time inconvenience because it is taking longer to get through security. I am personally not against the scans or pat downs but does EVERY person need to go through with it? Why can't we find methods that are more efficient - If they use some random screening/profiling to make things more efficient I am all for that and if that means I picked to go through a scan then so be it but hopefully the inefficiency goes away.

there are people on the left and liberatarians who'll get upset be dang near anything - but does anybody think that there'd be half as many self proclaimed conservatives complaining (eg H8) if this policy was put into place under a Romney or Newt administration?

Well, then it would be downright patriotic!!

:wacko:

there are people on the left and liberatarians who'll get upset be dang near anything - but does anybody think that there'd be half as many self proclaimed conservatives complaining (eg H8) if this policy was put into place under a Romney or Newt administration?

Yea but that half would be replaced by the liberals that are not complaining because it was put in place by the Obama admin - goes both ways and they are both messed up.

I saw on Fox last night (I know Faux News) that a ton of liberals were against the random searches of people on Subways in NYC after 9/11 - now it seems like these pat downs are OK - what is the difference - Bush v Obama. Hypocrites

I am not against it but I do think it could be done more efficiently.

Yea but that half would be replaced by the liberals that are not complaining because it was put in place by the Obama admin - goes both ways and they are both messed up.

Agreed - but you kind of expect a little more 'victim' talk from the left.

I am not against it but I do think it could be done more efficiently.

No doubt, but its a start.

to me, that is self-evident. equally self-evident is that people like bushwacked and watertard would be "outraged".

if Muslims don't want to go through the rigmarole of this screening stuff - then they don't have to fly

Oh sure, discriminate against Muslims flying. Racist. Or whatever.

lmfao @ all of this. Just another day in our loony tunes circus of a society. I say give em a free pass and don't pat them down so we don't upset them. God - I mean Allah - forbid we should upset anyone or not cower when someone is offended. :wacko: