[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers-Falcons

budlitebrad

I have no problem admitting when a team is better than the Packers. But ATL ain't it. dog said it himself two posts above:

ATL played about as good of a game as it was capable. GB left a lot of points on the field. Yet the outcome in ATL was a FG win with 9 seconds left.

If GB & ATL were to meet again in the playoffs, I don't see ATL being capable of a performance exceeding what they put on the field yesterday. I do see GB being capable of improvement to the tune of about 14 to 16 pts.

Again - that's not any knock on ATL. They are a very good team. If you're taking that as a slight or a slam on them, you're reading this completely wrong.

Atlanta won on a FG with 9 seconds left because Green Bay tied the game on a 4th and 10 with 56 seconds left. Just saying.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how you mean for me to take it any differently when you make statements like this... No, what I take exception to is that we just beat you, and you're still claiming that your team is really the better team, and playing it off like this game was a fluke vs. a team that's hit its ceiling.

So you don't think this Falcon team is capable of improving? Yes, just like every team, ATL has weaknesses that need to be addressed. The biggest issue has been letting teams get back into the game, after going up on them early... They were the clearcut better team in most games, even if the final scores in ones like BAL, NOS and GB only show it as "close".

While you guys have lost to the Dolphins and Redskins and barely beat the Lions, the Birds have beaten every team they were supposed to and more, only dropping in overtime week 1 to the Steelers at home, and to Philly at home in the lone bad game of the season. Now which track record is better?

Hell, I'm not even touting them as the best in the NFC, even though the standings say that I should... I'm just sick of this team getting no national respect, as if they're not capable of going deep into the post-season. News flash: They are, and are way past needing to prove it anymore.

Geez. Sorry to hit a nerve. Nevermind. The Falcons are the greatest team ever to trod upon a NFL field, ever. The entire team should be enshrined in Canton immediately - even the water boy. That's how good they are.

There. I hope you feel a whole lot better now.

:shakinghead:

Geez. Sorry to hit a nerve. Nevermind. The Falcons are the greatest team ever to trod upon a NFL field, ever. The entire team should be enshrined in Canton immediately - even the water boy. That's how good they are.

There. I hope you feel a whole lot better now.

:shakinghead:

:wacko: now who's getting defensive, and missing the point... Don't act like the victim here, when you're throwing out every excuse in the book for why your team is still the "better" team.

It's amazing Ted Thompson would go into the season without a legit backup RB on the roster. He knew Brandon Jackson could not be a real starter if Grant wet down.

Jackson is a fine change of pace/3rd down back. He blocks blitzers pretty well and catches the ball out of the backfield pretty well, but failing to have someone better is atrocious. He let several decent RB's get away.

You can't win without a hint of a running game.

The Bears are the class of the NFC North this year, congratulations to them.

It's amazing Ted Thompson would go into the season without a legit backup RB on the roster. He knew Brandon Jackson could not be a real starter if Grant wet down.

Jackson is a fine change of pace/3rd down back. He blocks blitzers pretty well and catches the ball out of the backfield pretty well, but failing to have someone better is atrocious. He let several decent RB's get away.

The Bears are the class of the NFC North this year, congratulations to them.

Y'know I put most of the lack of running this game to a fantastic job by the Atlanta LBs and D-line. They just flat out beat the Packers oline when it comes to running the ball. When Bjax was back there, you would see a LB or Dlineman in the backfield or LOS making contact immediately.

Bjax was a 2nd round pick, and hasnt been THAT bad this year, for a backup. Although it sure would have been nice to keep Tyrell Sutton instead of letting him get signed off the practice squad.

The Packers starters (the ones that ARENT injured) are playing great, and the depth that TT has put together is what is helping to fuel this rally. Unfortunately, the in-season FA signings we have to do every other week to fill special teams holes is coming back to haunt us . . .

Y'know I put most of the lack of running this game to a fantastic job by the Atlanta LBs and D-line. They just flat out beat the Packers oline when it comes to running the ball. When Bjax was back there, you would see a LB or Dlineman in the backfield or LOS making contact immediately.

Bjax was a 2nd round pick, and hasnt been THAT bad this year, for a backup. Although it sure would have been nice to keep Tyrell Sutton instead of letting him get signed off the practice squad.

The Packers starters (the ones that ARENT injured) are playing great, and the depth that TT has put together is what is helping to fuel this rally. Unfortunately, the in-season FA signings we have to do every other week to fill special teams holes is coming back to haunt us . . .

Good points.

Atlanta did well even the d line but every team needs more than one capable RB these days.

Sutton or Lumpkin are 2 I wish they still had. They have depth at some positions and the team has lost 6 starters to IR but TT should have gotten a few from practice squads or given a 3rd for Lynch after Rodgers gave him a :wacko:

Good points.

Atlanta did well even the d line but every team needs more than one capable RB these days.

Sutton or Lumpkin are 2 I wish they still had. They have depth at some positions and the team has lost 6 starters to IR but TT should have gotten a few from practice squads or given a 3rd for Lynch after Rodgers gave him a :wacko:

That is one of the gripes I have against TT. Lynch should've been a no brainer...but it is TT we're talking about.

He has almost exclusively wanted to build through the draft....maybe he'll wake up and see that it is not working.

Sutton looked good. Maybe now is the time to take the wraps off Starks?

On a side note AR played a good game...the comeback drive to Jordy looked good. But, the fumble makes the "title belt" look really foolish. Do that once you have won it all.

That is one of the gripes I have against TT. Lynch should've been a no brainer...but it is TT we're talking about.

He has almost exclusively wanted to build through the draft....maybe he'll wake up and see that it is not working.

Sutton looked good. Maybe now is the time to take the wraps off Starks?

On a side note AR played a good game...the comeback drive to Jordy looked good. But, the fumble makes the "title belt" look really foolish. Do that once you have won it all.

You are aware that favre only won one Super Bowl . . right? And that some of the best QBs to play the game didnt win a Super Bowl, right?

Enough with your "when you have won it all crap" . . .

You are aware that favre only won one Super Bowl . . right? And that some of the best QBs to play the game didnt win a Super Bowl, right?

Enough with your "when you have won it all crap" . . .

Enough with "until you win it all" really?? I say ENOUGH with the Title Belt thing.

Shake a fist, or put a hand in the air. Better yet, just set the ball down and walk away. You see plenty of players being obnoxious celebrating and they too..IMO look like dumbasses. I believe the saying goes "Act like you've been there." That's what AR should be doing.

Favre has done some dumb off-field stuff, and thrown a boatload of INT's. BUT, this not about Favre.

This is about AR acting dumb.

My point is that AR looks like a dumbass when he does the "Title Belt" thing. If he had won a Division Title, or SuperBowl then he'd deserve to do it. IMHO he'd still look like an arrogant dumbass.

Until then it just looks dumb. So, in your opinion it would have been okay had a Falcon done the "Title Belt" in his face after the fumble, or when they won with the FG... Right? But, they didn't.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I'll disagree with this. Green Bay moved the ball extremely well. Ryan literally played a perfect game in the second half and ATL still had to manage a last second FG to win the game. It got to be comical - we were actually laughing about it - every time GB got into a 2nd & 1 - and it happened a few times - and they found a way to screw it up by some careless mistake.

Hats off to ATL - they did what they needed to in order to get the W. But GB beat itself in the first half by missing so many opportunties to go up by a couple of TDs, and still almost managed to find a way to win despite Ryan's perfection in the second half.. ATL may have gotten the W, but the impression I got from that game is that GB is the superior team. That isn't to say ATL isn't a good team - they are a very good team. Just not quite the best in the NFC right now.

I have no problem admitting when a team is better than the Packers. But ATL ain't it. dog said it himself two posts above:

ATL played about as good of a game as it was capable. GB left a lot of points on the field. Yet the outcome in ATL was a FG win with 9 seconds left.

If GB & ATL were to meet again in the playoffs, I don't see ATL being capable of a performance exceeding what they put on the field yesterday. I do see GB being capable of improvement to the tune of about 14 to 16 pts.

Again - that's not any knock on ATL. They are a very good team. If you're taking that as a slight or a slam on them, you're reading this completely wrong.

generally speaking, i agree with BB on this. however, there is a lot to be said for being able to inflict and execute one's game plan. i believe that if these teams play 10 times gb takes 6. atl did what gb could not........ apply discipline and execute........... yesterday.

I have to agree with bp as far as Jackson - he isn't a "creator" but then again neither are about 99% of the backs in this league. The Falcons D vs GB's OL would have shut down just about any back not named Barry Sanders.

So Lynch may or may not have started - as it stands, he isn't doing anything spectacular in Seattle, so what makes anyone think he'd be all that much better in a Packer uniform, I don't know. One could make the argument it's less about Lynch being head-and-shoulders better than Jackson and more of a depth issue, but Nance has looked reasonably decent from what I've seen of him.

generally speaking, i agree with BB on this. however, there is a lot to be said for being able to inflict and execute one's game plan. i believe that if these teams play 10 times gb takes 6. atl did what gb could not........ apply discipline and execute........... yesterday.

So are we talking 10 games without Turner, with a better back than Brandon Jackson, or both? :wacko:

Na, I'll agree with the sentiment that we were the better team "yesterday", just making sure the BB is reminded that the Pack weren't the only ones that beat themselves.

No taking GB lightly though, especially if they can continue to improve despite injuries... I will gladly welcome a rematch, but I have a strong feeling it's going to have to be on our hometurf again. Hope you guys like mild winters....oh wait, nevermind :tup:

So are we talking 10 games without Turner, with a better back than Brandon Jackson, or both? :wacko:

the two teams on the field yesterday

Na, I'll agree with the sentiment that we were the better team "yesterday", just making sure the BB is reminded that the Pack weren't the only ones that beat themselves.

No taking GB lightly though, especially if they can continue to improve despite injuries... I will gladly welcome a rematch, but I have a strong feeling it's going to have to be on our hometurf again. Hope you guys like mild winters....oh wait, nevermind :tup:

not quite sure how you see atl beating themselves yesterday on the same level as gb. oh wait.... yes i do. i saw gb moving the ball pretty well, but hurting themselves with penalties and fumbles (though only 1 lost). substantially out gained them on the road. atl played a very tight game and just barely got out of it at home. teams in general have a hard time maintaining that level of execution over time. atl is one of the top teams in the nfc, but i see gb being slightly better.

not quite sure how you see atl beating themselves yesterday on the same level as gb. oh wait.... yes i do. i saw gb moving the ball pretty well, but hurting themselves with penalties and fumbles (though only 1 lost). substantially out gained them on the road. atl played a very tight game and just barely got out of it at home. teams in general have a hard time maintaining that level of execution over time. atl is one of the top teams in the nfc, but i see gb being slightly better.

So 9 wins in 11 tough games doesn't stand the test of time?

What you call GB "hurting themselves" with fumbles, I call victory in one of the top rush D's top player Curtis Lofton making a key play on a goal-line stand. What you call a stupid penalty saved a touchdown had he not grabbed whatever part of Weems he could. There was at least one holding call we didn't get, but none of that matters now.

Only time will tell who goes out on top, but great teams find a way to win, and that's what the Falcons did yesterday. That doesn't take anything away from Green Bay, who's been playing like a great team as of late, but you really can't point to anything that the Falcons struggled with yesterday (other than questionable 3-man rushes). They executed and found a way to win vs. an offense that is tough to contain.

Edited by delusions of granduer

What you call GB "hurting themselves" with fumbles, I call victory in one of the top rush D's top player Curtis Lofton making a key play on a goal-line stand. What you call a stupid penalty saved a touchdown had he not grabbed whatever part of Weems he could. There was at least one holding call we didn't get, but none of that matters now.

gb has fumbled 14 times this year. atl has forced 6 fr this year. gb is ranked 22nd in rushing, atl 6th vs the run........ see where i a m going with this. the fumbles were an aberration, while containing gb's rushing game is not unusual. please show me where i stated any of the penalties were stupid (while i believe that 95^ of fumbles in general are). the 8 to 4 penalties certainly made a difference.

Only time will tell who goes out on top, but great teams find a way to win, and that's what the Falcons did yesterday. That doesn't take anything away from Green Bay, who's been playing like a great team as of late, but you really can't point to anything that the Falcons struggled with yesterday (other than questionable 3-man rushes). They executed and found a way to win vs. an offense that is tough to contain.

only thing i can point to (which is not exclusive to atl when playing gb) are the passing yds. that is my point. atl executed very well (and i commended them for it). i don't think that will happen with consistency.

It already has. That is my point.

you guys have won a lot of close ones. maybe that continues. you have car twice, sea, tbb, and nos left. i can see you guys taking the first 3 i mentioned and dropping tbb/nos. so 12-4.

nos has cin, stl, bal, atl, tbb.

tbb has atl, was, det, sea, nos

you guys are in a great position for your division and possibly 1st round bye depending how everything else shakes out. likely some home field in po's. very likable team with a mixed history. good luck to you guys.

you guys have won a lot of close ones. maybe that continues.

The NFL, barring very few outliers, is a league full of close ones. Margins of victory more often than not hinge on a first down here, a turnover there, a defensive stand here, a special teams play there. Especially so when you're talking about the pairing of two teams playing at the level of GB or ATL.

In ATL, this ATL team wins 6 of 10 against this GB squad.

In GB, this GB team wins 6 of 10 against this ATL squad.

Such is the NFL.

Anyone stating definitively that GB is better or ATL better is talking out of their rear end or edging very close to blind homerism.

ETA: GB or ATL winning 6 of 10 is a preposterous way of saying one team is better than the other. It's like saying you're more clairvoyant than someone who claims to be clairvoyant because you were better able to guess the random outcome of a coin toss.

Edited by kingfish247

The NFL, barring very few outliers, is a league full of close ones. Margins of victory more often than not hinge on a first down here, a turnover there, a defensive stand here, a special teams play there. Especially so when you're talking about the pairing of two teams playing at the level of GB or ATL.

In ATL, this ATL team wins 6 of 10 against this GB squad.

In GB, this GB team wins 6 of 10 against this ATL squad.

Such is the NFL.

Anyone stating definitively that GB is better or ATL better is talking out of their rear end or edging very close to blind homerism.

ETA: GB or ATL winning 6 of 10 is a preposterous way of saying one team is better than the other. It's like saying you're more clairvoyant than someone who claims to be clairvoyant because you were better able to guess the random outcome of a coin toss.

Was it tails?

Enough with "until you win it all" really?? I say ENOUGH with the Title Belt thing.

Shake a fist, or put a hand in the air. Better yet, just set the ball down and walk away. You see plenty of players being obnoxious celebrating and they too..IMO look like dumbasses. I believe the saying goes "Act like you've been there." That's what AR should be doing.

Favre has done some dumb off-field stuff, and thrown a boatload of INT's. BUT, this not about Favre.

This is about AR acting dumb.

My point is that AR looks like a dumbass when he does the "Title Belt" thing. If he had won a Division Title, or SuperBowl then he'd deserve to do it. IMHO he'd still look like an arrogant dumbass.

Until then it just looks dumb. So, in your opinion it would have been okay had a Falcon done the "Title Belt" in his face after the fumble, or when they won with the FG... Right? But, they didn't.

Oh lighten up. :wacko:

• 1 month later...