[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers-Falcons

budlitebrad

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little bump for DoG.

:wacko:

If you're fishing for excuses from me, you aren't going to hear them. The Packers came out sharp, while the Falcons sh## the bed and had no answer to the their gameplan. Everything else aside, GB's play on third-down was outstanding. Congrats. You were clearly the better team tonight, and have been really playing great as of late.

One thing I'll eat crow on is that I wanted this team to get the respect they deserved, and they did nothing tonight to help that cause... My screenname remains appropriate :tup:

(Sorry Bronco Billy to be so humble, but you're talking to the ttwarriors of the NFL)

If you're fishing for excuses from me, you aren't going to hear them. The Packers came out sharp, while the Falcons sh## the bed and had no answer to the their gameplan. Everything else aside, GB's play on third-down was outstanding. Congrats. You were clearly the better team tonight, and have been really playing great as of late.

One thing I'll eat crow on is that I wanted this team to get the respect they deserved, and they did nothing tonight to help that cause... My screenname remains appropriate :wacko:

(Sorry Bronco Billy to be so humble, but you're talking to the ttwarriors of the NFL)

Not looking for excuses at all. GB didn't make the same mistakes they did last game - other than the Jennings fumble and the KO return. Just thought it was worth a bump knowing how ruffled you got when I suggested after the first game that ATL was not the better team on that field that day. I'd say tonight put an exclamation point on that.

BTW, FWIW I think ATL has a very good football team. Sometimes the lessons learned from a playoff loss like this pays dividends in a team's future - especially one with a very young QB like Ryan. ATL has a bright future.

What everyone needs to remember is where this team was whenever Mike Smith took over. Maybe the worst situation in the league. Mike Vick crapped on them, the coach took off during the season... An absolute disaster. This will be a learning experiance for Ryan. They'll find someone else to play opposite White. This is a very good team that has the proper cornerstones for next year and beyond.

BTW, FWIW I think ATL has a very good football team. Sometimes the lessons learned from a playoff loss like this pays dividends in a team's future - especially one with a very young QB like Ryan. ATL has a bright future.

Shouldn't those lessons have been learned in the playoff loss to the Cardinals 2 yrs ago?

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just glad to finally see some stability in this organization... FWIW, I've thought since before the playoffs that the Pack are the most scariest team in the NFC, and I can't imagine how ugly this game could have been with Finley still in there. Aaron Rodgers can just pick you apart.

But I'm just as excited about our future too. We may just see the Packers-Falcons turn into the next great playoff rivalry.

We may just see the Packers-Falcons turn into the next great playoff rivalry.

I would be cool with that.

In the interest of magnanimity, I'd like to say that I think the Falcons' red helmet/black jersey combo is the sharpest uni going in the NFL these days.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just glad to finally see some stability in this organization... FWIW, I've thought since before the playoffs that the Pack are the most scariest team in the NFC, and I can't imagine how ugly this game could have been with Finley still in there. Aaron Rodgers can just pick you apart.

But I'm just as excited about our future too. We may just see the Packers-Falcons turn into the next great playoff rivalry.

The Bears seem to think so too. Showtime had a shot with Donald Driver before week 17 game where one of their players they are too scary and they want to keep them out of the playoffs.

Now if they win they will have to beat Green Bay themselves.

I thought Atlanta started out well but abandoned the run way too early. Mike Smith and Ryan brought them stability quickly and they'll keep getting better.

The Falcons did start well. The pick 6 by Tramon Williams really changed the momentum of the game and the Falcons never recovered their footing after that.

Mike McCarthy often gets too conservative with the play calling with a lead, but that didn't happen this time. That was a nice development among the many highlights of the win.