[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever have one of those days....

SteelBunz

Nothing catastrophic...just one of those little annoying days.

Through no fault of my own, I find I'm 5 hours into the day and only right back to where I should have been when I woke up. :tup:

Woke up to no water. Ugh! Peek out the front door...city workers at the end of the street digging up stuff. Argh.....no warning, no calls or knocks on any doors. Just no water. No coffee.....no shower...no laundry.

Alright...I'll just do some work until it comes back on....right? 3 hours later, I hear the toilet trying to fill up......yeah! Water.......omg.....what is that? Brown, rusty, ugly water. :wacko: And very low pressure. OK...we'll just run it until it clears......

So I go out to my van to get some channel locks. I know I'm going to have to unscrew all the faucet aerators and clean them out. No biggie. :tup: Hey....while I'm at it, it snowed the last few days. I'll start the van up because it's been sitting for a couple days.

Dead battery. :lol: Really?

Luckily I just got a new battery in my Bonneville. Get the van rolling down the driveway....hop in.....stop it at the end. Drive the Bonne into the yard...find the jumper cables...jump the van.

Get the cars back in their places...come in and clean aerators. Finally make coffee!! (With my last coffee filter.) And it's 2pm.

Good thing I'd taken today off.......lol. :lol: I've gotten SO much done....and nothing done at all! :lol:

Edited by SteelBunz

That's usually how my days off go to or I will have all these plans to get diaper dirt done and my wife will call and say oh yeah by the way I need you to do this this and that. :wacko:

Where nothing goes right from morning til night

e

Nothing catastrophic...just one of those little annoying days.

Through no fault of my own, I find I'm 5 hours into the day and only right back to where I should have been when I woke up. :tup:

Woke up to no water. Ugh! Peek out the front door...city workers at the end of the street digging up stuff. Argh.....no warning, no calls or knocks on any doors. Just no water. No coffee.....no shower...no laundry.

Alright...I'll just do some work until it comes back on....right? 3 hours later, I hear the toilet trying to fill up......yeah! Water.......omg.....what is that? Brown, rusty, ugly water. :wacko: And very low pressure. OK...we'll just run it until it clears......

So I go out to my van to get some channel locks. I know I'm going to have to unscrew all the faucet aerators and clean them out. No biggie. :tup: Hey....while I'm at it, it snowed the last few days. I'll start the van up because it's been sitting for a couple days.

Dead battery. :lol: Really?

Luckily I just got a new battery in my Bonneville. Get the van rolling down the driveway....hop in.....stop it at the end. Drive the Bonne into the yard...find the jumper cables...jump the van.Get the cars back in their places...come in and clean aerators. Finally make coffee!! (With my last coffee filter.) And it's 2pm.

Good thing I'd taken today off.......lol. :lol: I've gotten SO much done....and nothing done at all! :lol:

I wouldnt have thought of/known how to do, all of the above. Feel better now ? :(

Edited by whomper

Ahhh. An Elvis sighting. From the GI Blues album if I recall correctly.

It popped into my head while reading this thread

You guys crack me up!

OK....as an addendum to this story, MrBunz comes home that evening and I relay the story to him. He rolls his eyes at me and I say, "What??" :tup:

He gets up....goes upstairs where he is hiding Christmas presents...and comes down with a Stanley Car Battery Jump Starter. :wacko:

:tup:

Edited by SteelBunz

You guys crack me up!

OK....as an addendum to this story, MrBunz comes home that evening and I relay the story to him. He rolls his eyes at me and I say, "What??" :tup:

He gets up....goes upstairs where he is hiding Christmas presents...and comes down with a Stanley Car Battery Jump Starter. :wacko:

Nice!

Dammit! New battery in the Bonne...but it's bitter cold today and I think I have "fuel line freeze up"...UGH!

Got out the new battery charger....got it started! Yeah! Left it running and took the charger back into the house. (Duh...I should have just put it in the car.) Came back out......not running. :lol:

Got the charger back out.......nada. Crap. :tup:

You know.....it sat for a few months during the Fall before I had this battery put in a few weeks ago. Very little gas in the tank. So I asked the guys at the station, "Should I fill up the tank and throw in a pint of dry gas?" Nah....just fill up the tank.

Shoulda thrown in the damn dry gas. :tup:

I see a frustrating pattern emerging for the winter. :wacko:

Edited by SteelBunz

Dammit! New battery in the Bonne...but it's bitter cold today and I think I have "fuel line freeze up"...UGH!

Got out the new battery charger....got it started! Yeah! Left it running and took the charger back into the house. (Duh...I should have just put it in the car.) Came back out......not running. :lol:

Got the charger back out.......nada. Crap. :tup:

You know.....it sat for a few months during the Fall before I had this battery put in a few weeks ago. Very little gas in the tank. So I asked the guys at the station, "Should I fill up the tank and throw in a pint of dry gas?" Nah....just fill up the tank.

Shoulda thrown in the damn dry gas. :tup:

I see a frustrating pattern emerging for the winter. :wacko:

Some months it just doesn't pay to get outta bed.

Some months it just doesn't pay to get outta bed.

:wacko:

Yea....but my client really needs her backsplash finished so she can get her kitchen back to normal. :tup:

Luckily, today was going to be a short day anyway. I'm skimcoating two walls that needed extensive repairs yesterday. Then a light sand and a coat of RedGard. So I can't tile until tomorrow. Tiny, thin little glass tiles that need a very smooth and level surface. So....if I can get there any time before 2 or 3, I should still be on schedule to tile tomorrow! :tup:

Wish me luck......I'm going back out to try again!

:wacko:

Yea....but my client really needs her backsplash finished so she can get her kitchen back to normal. :tup:

Luckily, today was going to be a short day anyway. I'm skimcoating two walls that needed extensive repairs yesterday. Then a light sand and a coat of RedGard. So I can't tile until tomorrow. Tiny, thin little glass tiles that need a very smooth and level surface. So....if I can get there any time before 2 or 3, I should still be on schedule to tile tomorrow! :tup:

Wish me luck......I'm going back out to try again!

Good luck

Uh, move from Ohio and you won't have to deal with bitter cold in the beginning of December. I have room in my basement. :tup:

:lol:

:lol:

Thanks guys......no dice. I've got a couple towels and blankets in the dryer now heating up. Thought I'd try warming the engine a few degrees with the blankets under the hood....see if that's just enough to get some gas to the engine. Battery is trying to turn over, unlike the cheapo battery in the van. It is dead, dead, dead. The gauges wouldn't even come on when hooked up to the charger. :wacko:

She's been bugging me forever about doing the backsplash. Come on down!! It's one of my projects for next year.

Even I was able to successfully intall a backsplash this year Timmay. Don't hire it done!! That was right after the "Wayne's Coating" :wacko: