[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's throwing Tebow in for their Championship game?

Chadman

There's plenty to like about this shot, but it's tough throwing out a kid in an important game like this. All I'm really giving up is Kitna, but I could also see Kitna coming out with a game like Roethlisberger had Thursday, despite the receiver issues he'll have. Pretty much the hope is that Tebow will run one in, otherwise, Kitna (and most other QB's) would be a better play.

I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone else has picked him up and is trotting Tebow out this week when it matters most. The league I'm in is not a pure yardage league, so I probably won't get any rushing yardage from him the way this game is setting up. Seems like the Broncos at home should really let the kid go this week, but the new coach is running-oriented and I'd guess Moreno will get out there.

After I lost Romo in one league, I have been shuffling QBs based on matchups. I guess at this point I am going to stick with the relatively safe option of Josh Freeman rather than rolling the dice on a little-known quantity in Tebow. Like others, I am reluctant to risk a championship on a QB with exactly one NFL start, especially given the fact that the two FF teams are relatively evenly matched.

good luck. I don't think I'd have the cajones to start Tebow when Kitna's facing the Cardinals.

+1 Kitna's been a near top 5 QB since week 11. I wouldn't touch a rookie QB getting his second NFL start if Kitna was an option. Sometimes there's too much managing.

you guys are all nuts. I love it.

Then again I'm rolling with Vick in a blizzard, Rodgers with concussionitis, and good old John Kitna. Risk is a relative term.

Well Tebow lovers here's hoping he doesn't go all Rusty Smith on the Texans. Good luck guys.

I'm really at a disadvantage in matchups in the game, and he's already had Big Ben go off for a big number, making my proposition worse. I'm not sure I think Kitna is a great play against the Cards, considering they should be able to run as much as they want, and Kitna clearly loved Dez Bryant and not Austin. Pretty much every QB has done what they wanted against the Texans, and what more could the Broncos want to happen for the fans more than Tebow having a big day? I just think that Tebow will get a ton of opportunities to do big things at home in a game that really doesn't matter.

And yet, you are all correct in saying what I know in my heart is safer. Oh well, I pay good money for the Huddle rankings, and we all know how valuable they can be. Good luck to everyone. I think I'll take a shot with TT, it could be one for the personal archives...

Hindsight is 20/20.... Can't really see Tebow having as bad a day as Kitna just had.

You never know. The fantasy gods have a way of upending whatever foregone conclusion you might come up with.

At the last second I was playing around starting Kitna v Grossman. My lineup locked last night when I happened to have Kitna on my bench. I threw up a little bit in my mouth, but an hour later, I was wiping my brow....then again who knows what may come of grossman?

Edited by The Waterboy

You never know. The fantasy gods have a way of upending whatever foregone conclusion you might come up with.

At the last second I was playing around starting Kitna v Grossman. My lineup locked last night when I happened to have Kitna on my bench. I threw up a little bit in my mouth, but an hour later, I was wiping my brow....then again who knows what may come of grossman?

I've rolled with Grossman over Tebow. Here's hoping your mistake is serendipity.

Tebow will be interesting. There has only been one game to go on and that means almost nothing but HOU has a horrible secondary They have never allowed less than 237 passing yards in a road game and that was with two scores for Kerry Collins last week when Chris Johnson was running for 130 yards and a score. Otherwise every opponent had passed for at least 268 yards and only McNabb failed to score multiple times on them and that was way back in week two when he passed for 426 yards. 4 of the 7 opponents on the road had over 300 yards and the average QB playing the visiting Texans passed for 310 yards.

Tebow rushed for 78 yards and a score in Oakland and he passed for 138 yards and one score on a much better secondary in a road game.

The only rushing QB to face HOU was Vick who had 302/2 TD and ran 10-48 with a TD.

My first pass through I projected for Tebow and because of his rushing yards and a score, he was the #1 highest scoring QB and that freaked me out so I lowered his projections.

It will be interesting to see and with one game played, it is not enough data to have a lot of confidence in any projection for him. But his situation is as favorable as any QB can have this year - the Texans are visiting,

Tebow will be interesting. There has only been one game to go on and that means almost nothing but HOU has a horrible secondary They have never allowed less than 237 passing yards in a road game and that was with two scores for Kerry Collins last week when Chris Johnson was running for 130 yards and a score. Otherwise every opponent had passed for at least 268 yards and only McNabb failed to score multiple times on them and that was way back in week two when he passed for 426 yards. 4 of the 7 opponents on the road had over 300 yards and the average QB playing the visiting Texans passed for 310 yards.

Tebow rushed for 78 yards and a score in Oakland and he passed for 138 yards and one score on a much better secondary in a road game.

The only rushing QB to face HOU was Vick who had 302/2 TD and ran 10-48 with a TD.

My first pass through I projected for Tebow and because of his rushing yards and a score, he was the #1 highest scoring QB and that freaked me out so I lowered his projections.

It will be interesting to see and with one game played, it is not enough data to have a lot of confidence in any projection for him. But his situation is as favorable as any QB can have this year - the Texans are visiting,

You're giving me heartburn, DMD.

I rolled with Grossman with Tebow available.

Now I'm considering paying the extra $10 to drop Grossy and add Turdbow. This game sux...

But I love it, despite how bad I am at it. :wacko:

You're giving me heartburn, DMD.

I rolled with Grossman with Tebow available.

Now I'm considering paying the extra $10 to drop Grossy and add Turdbow. This game sux...

But I love it, despite how bad I am at it. :wacko:

I'm just wondering what took him so long to respond. Yeah I know his projections should speak for themselves, but give a dog a bone here!

Shoulda went with the GOD DAMNED projections. Thats why I pay for this freaken site!!! **Insert Samurai Sword in chest...turn 3 times and pull down**

I admire those that had the cahones to start Grossman, but the thought of him getting plugged in for my shot at the big money was just too much for me to stomach, and I took Tebow for all the reasons that were given: Kitna with no Bryant, Cards defense allowing teams to run and not giving up receiving TD's, a lot of Grossman's stuff happening against a prevent defense, and well, it's Grossman. There was just so many possible positives with the high risk of Tebow that I figured I could sleep easier if he does lay an egg. And Grossman still could prove to be a good addition for those of us with no stud going this weekend.

I felt both good and bad about things last night, as I had Kitna starting for one of my Super Bowl teams, and went with Tebow for the other. I figured with all the questions, I should hedge my bets and hope that one shows up. I guess we'll see...

Now I'm fretting over filling my third receiver option, as I have no good options. Trust me, I'm just happy to be in the dance in one league...

Good luck everyone!

Im starting him but I am nearly a 30 point under dog so Im looking for pure upside and I think between Fitzpatrick, Collins, and Tebow, he gives me the best chance for a big game. The wildcard is his scrambling ability. Not saying he is in the same league by any means, but look at some of the monster fantasy games Vick has put up this year because of the numbers he can rack up with rushing yards and TD's. I could easily see Tebow have 50 yards and a rushing TD today. Thats 11 points right there.

If I had to pick between Grossman and Tebow, I would probably go with Grossman just because the risk is so much less and he could have a nice game anyway. Tebow has almost no track record. If I was way behind I might use Tebow purely as a swing for the fence because he could have a big game at home against the worst secondary. But is week 16 with all the marbles on the line, it would be pretty hard to use a fairly unknown option like Tebow.

Just got in from the road, and looks like Tebow is having the worst case scenario day. Anybody watching the game, any signs he can get on the board in the second half? I'm in a real dogfight in my game, and anything from the kid could make the difference.

The rush yards just havent been there like I had anticipated. Im not watching the game so I dont know if Houston has just done a good job of defending against it or if he just hast tried to run much. On the other hand, he has completed a handful of long pass plays which I definitely didnt anticipate but the lack of TD's is killing me right now.