[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saturday Night Poker

Chief Dick

I tried to join but I'm not sure I'm doing it right can u walk me through what I do and what I should see. You know being a rookie on this software and all.

Open the software - go to Multiplayer - click on LAN then Specify IP and type in my address

Sorry guys, but I'm probably out. The 3 year old is sick again, and has been puking this evening.

I'll try and come back, but it's not looking good.

man i still remember pukin as a kid, i'd live on pepto bismol,crackers and 7-up, hope the little whipper snapper bounces brack fast :wacko:

All - I have seen these posts before and I looked into getting that software - does not work on a mac.

I play a bit on Pokerstars and looked to see if they have private tables - they do but you have to request that they give you that ability. I sent an e-mail and they gave me that option.

I believe you need to be a .com user not .net but it may be easier to go this route - you also would not need Paypal - I believe money would just transfer between the players.

Just a thought to use a site that may be better suited (small pun intended)???

All - I have seen these posts before and I looked into getting that software - does not work on a mac.

I play a bit on Pokerstars and looked to see if they have private tables - they do but you have to request that they give you that ability. I sent an e-mail and they gave me that option.

I believe you need to be a .com user not .net but it may be easier to go this route - you also would not need Paypal - I believe money would just transfer between the players.

Just a thought to use a site that may be better suited (small pun intended)???

Definitely worth looking into. Thanks.

Definitely worth looking into. Thanks.

I think one of the bigger issues with Pokerstars is that not everyone has the ability to setup a private table. I sent an e-mail to support and it sounds like it may change soon but it seems like you have to enough frequent player points to be able to do it. I guess I have enough - I only play real small buy ins but have been using Pokerstars for a few years so maybe that is why they gave me the ability.

Not sure but I would be willing to play and we could try it out with maybe a couple of us as a dry run - let me know and I would be glad to try and help.

I think one of the bigger issues with Pokerstars is that not everyone has the ability to setup a private table. I sent an e-mail to support and it sounds like it may change soon but it seems like you have to enough frequent player points to be able to do it. I guess I have enough - I only play real small buy ins but have been using Pokerstars for a few years so maybe that is why they gave me the ability.

Not sure but I would be willing to play and we could try it out with maybe a couple of us as a dry run - let me know and I would be glad to try and help.

Ya I was gonna suggest this as well! Been playing on Stars for about 8 years now and play all kinds of buy ins big and small so FPPs are not a problem for me but I don't know if that is the determining factor or not to accepting an invite to a private game? I'll also do some research as this option would be ideal and simple for anyone. Just a suggestion to broadin the horizons for any huddlers that might wanna get in small or big games with everyone.....

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Ya I was gonna suggest this as well! Been playing on Stars for about 8 years now and play all kinds of buy ins big and small so FPPs are not a problem for me but I don't know if that is the determining factor or not to accepting an invite to a private game? I'll also do some research as this option would be ideal and simple for anyone. Just a suggestion to broadin the horizons for any huddlers that might wanna get in small or big games with everyone.....

From what I could find is that anyone can join but you need special access to create a private table. I think minimum buy in is $5 so that should not be an issue.

The issue we had with Pokerstars was that we couldn't set up a 'free' private table. We used to play there on a private free table and just PayPal the $10 to whomever won. Can you set up a free private table where the house doesn't get a cut?

Nice ya something to look into let me know when you find anymore out and I'll do the same.

I just looked and I now have the option to create a private tournament. Looks like you can choose from all the games they offer Hold'em, Omaha, etc also choose limit pot limit no limit.

I have to enter the start date and time - I am not sure what the limits are and how flexible the start times are or how long it takes once I set one up till it is ready to go??

I can also choose the buy in 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200, 500 - also a place for a rake it defaults in 10% but I just backspaced over it and left that cell and it did not reappear so maybe I can choose zero rake?? Wonder who gets the rake? If it is me then 20% seems fair :lol:.

It is also password protected. Looks like you give it a name and people can then just search for it.

I do see you can do a heads up tourney.

So it sounds like you have an account setup so if you wanted to try this out one night we could do a test run and see how things go and you can give me some of your money :wacko::tup:

Anyone else have an account and willing to give this a test run?

I just looked and I now have the option to create a private tournament. Looks like you can choose from all the games they offer Hold'em, Omaha, etc also choose limit pot limit no limit.

I have to enter the start date and time - I am not sure what the limits are and how flexible the start times are or how long it takes once I set one up till it is ready to go??

I can also choose the buy in 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200, 500 - also a place for a rake it defaults in 10% but I just backspaced over it and left that cell and it did not reappear so maybe I can choose zero rake?? Wonder who gets the rake? If it is me then 20% seems fair :lol:.

It is also password protected. Looks like you give it a name and people can then just search for it.

So it sounds like you have an account setup so if you wanted to try this out one night we could do a test run and see how things go and you can give me some of your money :wacko::tup:

So I'm guessing we would have to make a deposit to PokerStars. Is this legal?

So I'm guessing we would have to make a deposit to PokerStars. Is this legal?

Yes I guess you would have to. I think it may be illegal but not sure if it is illegal like selling crack or illegal like going 37 in a 35???

I used my credit card a while back but not sure if that is still an option. One possible option would be to transfer cash. For example I have $200 in my account and you sign up - I could transfer you say $50 instead of you doing a deposit and then you and I would have to settle up using some other method.

I can also choose the buy in 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200, 500 - also a place for a rake it defaults in 10% but I just backspaced over it and left that cell and it did not reappear so maybe I can choose zero rake?? Wonder who gets the rake? If it is me then 20% seems fair :rofl:.

Always willing to give it a try :lol: Ya know if you wanna donate some funds to my kids college tuition :rofl:

Seriously though a test run would be cool let's try it out my man!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe