[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Falcons Game Thread

alexgaddis

Grant has missed now what, two complete seasons? He is almost 30 and is due some coin. Take a pay cut and he can come back to play special teams you bassturd, :wacko:

Yes, I hate him cause two years I said no I way we draft him, and it ended up those two years we did and he gets hurt and IR'd ruining our WCOFF season.

Grant has only been starting in GB for 2 1/2 season before his season-ending injury in week 1.

You must be thinking of someone else.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are dumb too. The belt thing is just as bad as those examples in principle.

So Favre was a classless thug as well? The belt thing and the gunslinger thing aren't in the same planet as Ocho Cinco doing the river dance or TO running to the star or dumping popcorn on his head. It's no different than a fist pump. You've got to learn to get over your blind hatred of Rodgers. He's an all around class guy. Get over the fact that he replaced Favre.

So Favre was a classless thug as well? The belt thing and the gunslinger thing aren't in the same planet as Ocho Cinco doing the river dance or TO running to the star or dumping popcorn on his head. It's no different than a fist pump. You've got to learn to get over your blind hatred of Rodgers. He's an all around class guy. Get over the fact that he replaced Favre.

Again, this is not about Favre.

No one is questioning AR's ability or class...this is purely about his signature move. But if you search the boards there are others who think the Title Belt thing is just dumb. Maybe not TO or OCHO dumb...but on the same level of IMADUMBASS.

Just put the ball down and walk away.

I like Rodgers, I like him alot. But he is NOT elite... yet. Let him perform at this level for a couple seasons, then we can talk.

So what you are essentially saying is that it takes you a few more years to recognize elite talent than it does 99.9% of the football fans in the country.

If Rodgers - God forbid - were to suffer a career ending injury next week, he would still have been an elite talent in the NFL at his position.

So, how many more years do you need to recognize what the vast majority of football fans already know? Would you say it would take you another 3 years? 5 years? More?

Again, this is not about Favre.

No one is questioning AR's ability or class...this is purely about his signature move. But if you search the boards there are others who think the Title Belt thing is just dumb. Maybe not TO or OCHO dumb...but on the same level of IMADUMBASS.

Just put the ball down and walk away.

I agree on the title belt thing. I can do without that kind of sophomoric crap and I think at times all it does it motivate your opponent.

But I can separate performance from behavior. TO has been an enormous talent his entire career and one of the best WRs ever to play in the NFL despite registering an 11 on a 10 point tool-o-meter. Maybe you have difficulty with that concept.

I like Rodgers, I like him alot. But he is NOT elite... yet. Let him perform at this level for a couple seasons, then we can talk.

Ryan Grant is the guy. I'll check my draft boards tomorrow.

08: 63.6%, 4038 yds, 28 tds, 13 ints, 4 rushing tds

09: 64.7%, 4434 yds, 30 tds, 7 ints, 5 rushing tds

10: 65.7%, 3922 yds, 28 tds, 11 ints, 4 rushing tds (he missed 1 game)

he hit the ground running and just continued to go.... pretty awesome for his first 3 years starting......with very little rushing support.

So what you are essentially saying is that it takes you a few more years to recognize elite talent than it does 99.9% of the football fans in the country.

If Rodgers - God forbid - were to suffer a career ending injury next week, he would still have been an elite talent in the NFL at his position.

So, how many more years do you need to recognize what the vast majority of football fans already know? Would you say it would take you another 3 years? 5 years? More?

This whole argument is silly, and it is all about how people are using the term "elite". Some are using it to say that right now, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's playing, based on his skills. Others are using the word "elite" to describe a person's career accomplishments. It is really a silly argument, but, it is entertaining, so, carry on.

he hit the ground running and just continued to go.... pretty awesome for his first 3 years starting......with very little rushing support.

Geez, that's it? Seriously, how could anyone possible consider a QB elite when he posts numbers like these in his first 3 years starting? We need to get at least another 5 years of data before we can even talk about it - and then he'd better have won at least 8 SBs during that time.

I agree Rodgers is far from elite at this point...I think it would be best to trade him straight up for Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb....2 for 1 deal...:wacko:

All those "celebrations" are retarded.

The one that got me was the Seahawk who got a sack...late in the 3rd quarter or 4th quarter don't remember and then did some stoopid celebration pose. Ummmm...dude you guys are losing and you got a big grin on your face with your arms crossed.

I get the whole poster thing, but when you are losing and losing bad, I really don't get the celebration crap.

The one that got me was the Seahawk who got a sack...late in the 3rd quarter or 4th quarter don't remember and then did some stoopid celebration pose. Ummmm...dude you guys are losing and you got a big grin on your face with your arms crossed.

I get the whole poster thing, but when you are losing and losing bad, I really don't get the celebration crap.

I especially enjoy it when a DB gets scorched for a 30 yd reception, makes a big hit afterward, and then postures about his great play.