[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Me and My Neighbor's Pissing Match

Perchoutofwater

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understand correctly. Once the dispute gets into court, you won't be able to touch the fence until it's resolved (which could take how long?). You know it has to be moved and it will be less stressful if you just move it / take it down. So it might make sense to just do that and get on with your life.

Also, if I understand correctly. I believe you can only collect on actual damages, not damages you would have incurred had you hired someone to take care of the silt problem instead of using your own labor. So, I think that would be equipment rental, new sod etc., but not your own labor or labor you could have hired but didn't.

You're a good neighbor. You'll probably continue to be a good neighbor if that's what comes naturally to you. It's possible you'll get more joy out of spending money on extra landscaping or a vacation instead of lawyers.

• 2 months later...
So how did this end?

i made her get a lawyer, and send me several letters. I finally started moving the fence this week. I also found out that I can not get any money out of her for the sand she put in my yard. If I'd hired someone to do it, I could have recovered what I payed them. Since I did it my self, I can not recover anything.

Oh I also called the guy that owns the property behind both of our properties today. I'm going to buy the 10 acres behind our houses and put in a firing range for me and my friends. I also think I'm going to build a tree house in a huge tree that will over look her pool. Any time she is out at the pool or has a party I'll invite some of my friends over to shoot off a few 1,0000 rounds each. I'm also never going to go out and tell my dogs to be quite again. She's pissed off the wrong redneck. I'm going to do all I can do without going astray of the law to make her miserable, so she will leave.

i made her get a lawyer, and send me several letters. I finally started moving the fence this week. I also found out that I can not get any money out of her for the sand she put in my yard. If I'd hired someone to do it, I could have recovered what I payed them. Since I did it my self, I can not recover anything.

Oh I also called the guy that owns the property behind both of our properties today. I'm going to buy the 10 acres behind our houses and put in a firing range for me and my friends. I also think I'm going to build a tree house in a huge tree that will over look her pool. Any time she is out at the pool or has a party I'll invite some of my friends over to shoot off a few 1,0000 rounds each. I'm also never going to go out and tell my dogs to be quite again. She's pissed off the wrong redneck. I'm going to do all I can do without going astray of the law to make her miserable, so she will leave.

Sounds reasonable.

:wacko:

you could put in a small pen next to her fence near the pool and fill it with dead game. You could have a Mexican stankoff and see who folds first.

So its not just an act on these boards....you're a dick in real life....cool :wacko:

Just to chalupas and bitches. I'll let those here decide which one you are.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I'm going to stick ti to her on the silt issue, and I may look to see if the TCEQ can still give her a citation and turn her in there.

Hopefully when you decide to sell your property she won't sick TCEQ to your shooting range when they need to take soil samples and compare it to residential cleanup levels. I can guarantee that you will wish you only had a few yards of silt to haul off at that point.