[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gold Rush Alaska

rajncajn

Anybody watching this show? I've become addicted to it. The whole thing is just a comedy of errors & it just amazes me these guy can get ANYTHING done or much worse get themselves killed. And that Jimmy Dorsey dude... I would have beaten the living daylights out of him right off the bat.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/gold-rush-alaska/

It's like Keystone Cops unleashed in Alaska. These guys have NO clue what they are doing. The old man just starts diggin a big 'ol hole anywhere thinking he's gonna hit big. The old man reminds me of an old drunk sittin in a dive bar, yappin away while no one listens.

At first I thought Dorsey was just getting treated badly, but as it went on, it was obvious he and the old man are idiots. Dorsey's wife is a whiny little thing too.

Then there is the other idiot, the only other guy that can weld, building an Adirondack B&B for his family while the morphine addict is bustin his butt doing all the welding.

Why in God's name did they bring their families? And drinking untreated stream water? These clowns are fun to watch, as long as one of them doesn't get killed.

LOL at Dorsey showing his bruises to the camera. He wasn't even scratched, and he tells the other guy it hurts to breathe. I think they got things mixed up... they have a new show called "An Idiot Abroad". That should have been the name of this show.

It's like Keystone Cops unleashed in Alaska. These guys have NO clue what they are doing. The old man just starts diggin a big 'ol hole anywhere thinking he's gonna hit big. The old man reminds me of an old drunk sittin in a dive bar, yappin away while no one listens.

At first I thought Dorsey was just getting treated badly, but as it went on, it was obvious he and the old man are idiots. Dorsey's wife is a whiny little thing too.

Then there is the other idiot, the only other guy that can weld, building an Adirondack B&B for his family while the morphine addict is bustin his butt doing all the welding.

Why in God's name did they bring their families? And drinking untreated stream water? These clowns are fun to watch, as long as one of them doesn't get killed.

LOL at Dorsey showing his bruises to the camera. He wasn't even scratched, and he tells the other guy it hurts to breathe. I think they got things mixed up... they have a new show called "An Idiot Abroad". That should have been the name of this show.

:wacko: That all about sums it up. When they drove the excavator through the river because the bridge couldn't handle the weight I knew these guys were freaking morans.

Edited by rajncajn

Hell, it started from day 1 when I think it was Dorsey was running the excavator to load it onto a low-boy while they were still packing up to leave home and ended up nailing the top of his car with the counter-weight of the excavator. :tup:

Gotta agree, it's amazing nobody has been killed yet. Also gotta agree terrible idea bringing the families up.

And the line used in the previews for this week's episode? "After 3 months of mining they find out they're doing it wrong" :wacko:

The entire run of the show so far I've been screaming at them to get a project manager. The first thing that popped in to my head once they got to their land was, "I hope they checked with Alaska Wild life & Game to see if they were allowed to redirect that little portion of the river." And as sure as poop is brown and stinky, a dude from AW&G showed up one episode and made them fill in the channel.

Every single one of them are out of their mind to gamble their families homes away by this hair brain idea BUT at the same time, regardless of how moronic they are, I give them massive props for having the balls to do this. And for the record, they are finding gold - just not enough.

Hell, it started from day 1 when I think it was Dorsey was running the excavator to load it onto a low-boy while they were still packing up to leave home and ended up nailing the top of his car with the counter-weight of the excavator. :tup:

Gotta agree, it's amazing nobody has been killed yet. Also gotta agree terrible idea bringing the families up.

And the line used in the previews for this week's episode? "After 3 months of mining they find out they're doing it wrong" :wacko:

That wasn't Dorsey, that was the old man who crunched his own truck. He almost crushed that 4 wheeler ATV in the river too.

It hasn't been mentioned, but aren't they getting or going to get some money for doing the show?

The guy building the Adirindack cabin B&B doesn't get much crap for NEVER working at the mine, but they busted Dorsey's chops because he was down to 50 bucks and went fishing for a couple of days to get some cash. Dorsey is an idiot, but I would have done the same thing for sure. Now they can't wait for him to leave. I think this group needs a whipping boy, and I wonder who they will pick next.

I was surprised that the Fish and Game warden didn't find more violations than just the river diversion. They have asked for advice from that rich miner next door, but I would have let that guy use the wimmens as his harem for acting as a part time project manager. If they bring the wimmens up there, might as well make them earn their keep.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the whole process of mining precious metals fascinating because it's soon to be a lost art....people just aren't going to school for it anymore...

but this show screams of cheap ratings with the forced drama to keep you tuned in....

they'll probably finish the season with a whole bunch of gold, but right now things are looking grim :wacko:

I still watch it if a new episode is on and just watching what they do is enough for me at the moment....but they need to trim the girly drama a bit...

I find the whole process of mining precious metals fascinating because it's soon to be a lost art....people just aren't going to school for it anymore...

but this show screams of cheap ratings with the forced drama to keep you tuned in....

they'll probably finish the season with a whole bunch of gold, but right now things are looking grim :wacko:

I still watch it if a new episode is on and just watching what they do is enough for me at the moment....but they need to trim the girly drama a bit...

Agreed.

From the last episode it appears like

the mining guy that the claim owner brought in tweeked a few things and they look like they have hit a good gold patch. That nugget was freaking beautiful. I bet the show's producers requested that guy come in to put them back on track. It looks like they will have a lot of gold now because getting 3 1/2 oz from just cleaning out the wash is a lot. Imagine what they have in the processed soil now. I wonder if that guy who left is still entitled to a split?