[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I waited all day......

skylive5

I still think Buddy Holly would have been the all-time greatest....yes, greater than The King. Buddy didn't have Elvis' mug, but the songs he wrote and his voice would have outsold him two-fold.

The Buddy Holly Story is one of my favorite characterization movies (along with Ray, I Walk the Line and a few others)....but god damnit what in the hell happened to Gary Busey :wacko: Son of a Bitch went all crazy on our ass.

Edited by tazinib1

I still think Buddy Holly would have been the all-time greatest....yes, greater than The King. Buddy didn't have Elvis' mug, but the songs he wrote and his voice would have outsold him two-fold.

No way of knowing for sure but I would be willing to bet some serious money that you are completely, totally and unequivocally wrong.

No way of knowing for sure but I would be willing to bet some serious money that you are completely, totally and unequivocally wrong.

I'm really hate to say it, but Ursa is right. As much as I liked Holly over Elvis he was already preparing to move more to ballads and less to what made him head and shoulders above everyone at the time.

Feb 3, 1959 was not a good day for the world of music though. We all lost a bit of something because of what happend that day.

I'm really hate to say it, but Ursa is right. As much as I liked Holly over Elvis he was already preparing to move more to ballads and less to what made him head and shoulders above everyone at the time.

Elvis is in three different Halls of Fame, an astounding feat. It would be very interesting to know what Holly's career progression would have been from '59 onwards. Would he have become "safe" like Elvis eventually did?

Elvis is in three different Halls of Fame, an astounding feat. It would be very interesting to know what Holly's career progression would have been from '59 onwards. Would he have become "safe" like Elvis eventually did?

I once heard an interview with Elvis wherein he stated that he did not think that he was particularly talented. Rather, he believed that he "came along" at the right time. I tend to agree with that assessment.

I once heard an interview with Elvis wherein he stated that he did not think that he was particularly talented. Rather, he believed that he "came along" at the right time. I tend to agree with that assessment.

Might well be right......though his singing ability and variety was outstanding. He benefited from very strong songwriters.

The Buddy Holly Story is one of my favorite characterization movies (along with Ray, I Walk the Line and a few others)....but god damnit what in the hell happened to Gary Busey :wacko: Son of a Bitch went all crazy on our ass.

Too many blows to the head and nose.

pretty easy ta kill yerself if ya did a bender with Busey and Nolte :wacko:

I played Black Jack at the Flamingo with Gary Busey from 3 AM to 6 AM the weekend that Oak and Tampa played in the Superbowl. My man was totally hammered and I was beyond hammered and kept calling him Keifer Sutherland :tup: He lost about 2G's and I won about 1500, he quit and went brack to the poker room.

Ahhhhh.....good times :lol: