[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had a chance to analyze my anger

Bronco Billy

I would like to see the negotiations continue. However, move the meeting to a local veterans or women's homeless shelter. Have the people staying there be part of the negotiations. Have the owners and players look these people in the eye when they're bitching and moaning about slicing up $9 billion dollars, while they're looking at a homeless vet with one leg blown off by a mine. Or a mother of three who lost her job due to the economy, forced to live (or the best alternative to living on the streets) in a shelter.

I don't know what to think about it anymore, I just know I'm tired of it.

I also have had enough. It really is billionaires versus millionaires and I don't, frankly, give two chits who wins or even if there is any more football ever. A pox on both their houses.

Its such a silly argument, that :wacko: is the only thing that makes sense.

Even if he is/was fishing saying such idiotic things it makes you assume that if he "catches" anyone then they must assume he is stupid enough to believe he would say something so stupid so even if you "catch" someone it is really not a good thing.

You already are.

Business is business. Whether you are unique or a franchise. Whether you are a corporation or a Mom & Pop store. Business is business.

Yep, the NFL is different from Burger King in no way whatsoever.

I also have had enough. It really is billionaires versus millionaires and I don't, frankly, give two chits who wins or even if there is any more football ever. A pox on both their houses.

+ a million. I'd been arguing for the players to get a fair shake (which they might be for all we know), but at this point it does seem silly to even to care about them squabbling and stopping what we as consumers pump billions for them to do... In that regard, I'm actually more pissed at the players now.

It's starting to feel like everything else where the one who gets railed in the end is the consumer they expect to buy into whatever load of crap they decide to feed us... F' them.

If it weren't for fantasy and the BCS sucking even worse, I'd boycott the NFL just like I do with the baseball postseason. I would have boycotted the MLB completely after the strike if I wasn't a Braves fan, but they lost me when they decided that homefield advantage in the World Series should be decided by an exhibition game so it could get better ratings... The NFL may not be far behind in losing fan support if this continues.

condescending much?

That's a pretty lame response to a very well thought out set of statements by BB. I didn't get the sense that he was condescending to anyone. He's ticked at the situation (like most of us) and is trying to explain who he is ticked at and why.

If anything your dismissive response without any substance whatsoever is the one that is condescending. So if you disagree, how about explaining why. Seahawks21 doesn't comprehend the subtly of an analogy (likenesses can be compared without dismissing them because they do not have exactly teh same circumstances). But everyone else that uses reason can understand how the NFL and it's players operate very similarly to all other businesses. With that said, why is BB wrong?

That's a pretty lame response to a very well thought out set of statements by BB. I didn't get the sense that he was condescending to anyone.

my bad, BB isn't condescending at all. I now agree with him that "dem players, dey so dumb dat dey don'st even knows how good dey gots it"

:wacko:

I also have had enough. It really is billionaires versus millionaires and I don't, frankly, give two chits who wins or even if there is any more football ever.

Change "football" to "NFL" and I'm there. Already lining up doing things I've wanted to do more of in the fall anyway like bike riding, kayaking, landscaping etc. :wacko: A fall season w/o pro football thugs, clowns and other assorted losers I can live with, in fact really enjoy. College ball will give me my football fix.

Edited by BeeR