[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yesterday was not a fun day.

Perchoutofwater

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to hear about this perch, clearly you were a very dedicated and conscientious business owner based on our dealings with you here. I know that given your work ethic and attitude everything will turn out fine. Best of luck to you and your family in the coming months as you decide what to do next.

Well today was the last day for all our employees with the exception of 3 that will be helping us tie up all the lose ends. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gong to be. One of the two guys I was worried about got a job today, and the other one has an interview tomorrow. I also got a call from one of my competitors and gave him the name of the guy. I wasn't nearly as emotional as I thought I'd be. Most of the time we sat around talking about our employees and stupid stuff either they or we had done in the past. Then only time I really got emotional is when I was saying good by to one of our laborers from Honduras. I think I've told the story about this guy hating being called a Mexican because he got hit over the head in Mexico City on his way here from Honduras and had to spend two years in the Mexican army. Jose speaks very little English, and when he does, you typically only understand about every other word. Anyway he came up to me as he was about to leave saying "Thank you Mr. Matt, thank you" then when he shook my hand he pulled me into him and gave me a hug and said "God bless you Mr. Matt." He left after that. I think that is the only time in the 11 or 12 years he's worked for me that I've ever understood every word in a sentence from him. For some reason that choked me up. I don't know if it was because of such an expression of gratitude from one of our lowest paid employees, or the fact that I actually understood every word of it.

Edited by Perchoutofwater