[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Talk

Cunning Runt

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. FSU's Derwin Kitchen is awful with the ball at the end of the game. First, he made a horrible decision at the end of regulation, and then again at the end of overtime. Kitchen's decision making in crunch time was HORRIBLE.

Edited by electricrelish

Wow, FSU plays fantastic defense all season long, then gives up a layup on the inbounds play with 7 seconds left.

and there was 7.0 seconds with the ball out of bounds but after the made shot FSU inbounds the ball and there was 7.1 on it :wacko: weird

Go RAMS!

and there was 7.0 seconds with the ball out of bounds but after the made shot FSU inbounds the ball and there was 7.1 on it :wacko: weird

Go RAMS!

yeah, watched that in slow mo. it jumps right from 7.0 to 7.7 and then back down to 7.1

watching that inbounds play in slow mo is a thing of beauty. absolute genius.

Go RAMS!

I saw that, too. In real-time, the clock started with 7.0 seconds on it. On the replay, though, the clock started with 7.9 seconds.

Wow. FSU's Derwin Kitchen is awful with the ball at the end of the game. First, he made a horrible decision at the end of regulation, and then again at the end of overtime. Kitchen's decision making in crunch time was HORRIBLE.

He also had the ball at the end of the half and didn't get a shot off. Amazing! you play for one shot and dribble out the clock

I like all three ACC teams advancing to the Elite Eight.

Welp, I was wrong on this count. Turns out the SEC gets the most teams in with 2. Florida State blew that game. Sigh.

The Elite Eight

• SEC 2 (Flordia, Kentucky)

• ACC 1 (North Carolina)

• Big 12 1 (Kansas)

• Big East 1 (Connecticut)

• Colonial Athletic 1 (Virginia Commonwealth University)

• Horizon League 1 (Butler)

• PAC-10 1 (Arizona)

First two games were meh, which worked out great since I was entertaining/cooking/eating/etc., and the second two were more of the ilk of this tournament... outstanding!

As for the Elite 8:

Butler vs. Florida - I kind of like Butler here. They were here last season, and have a host of dudes that can hit big shots.

Zona vs. UConn - This might be the most exciting game of the weekend. Kemba vs. Williams is going to be fun to watch, although they won't be guarding one another. Each may top 30 points. As much as I like what UConn's done in the past couple of weeks, I think I'm leaning towards Zona here. They've been highly impressive and since they knocked my Longhorns out, I kind of have to root for them.

Kentucky vs. UNC - Heels seem like the easy pick here but I wont' discount the young Cats. If UNC's big whitey can get UK's big whitey in foul trouble early, this will go to the Heels with relative ease. If UK sticks with them 'til the end, it's a coin flip.

VCU vs. Kansas - Cinderella's slipper falls off here. Kansas just has too much inside for VCU to handle. Lots of KU fans will be at the Alamodome so that will be an additional advantage.

kansas is a much bigger favorite than osu was.

Exactly. Frankly, I was a bit surprised that OSU was among the biggest lines of that round. I mean, UNC was only giving 4 to 11th seed and unranked Marquette, so I was surprised to see OSU laying a TD to a very solid Kentucky team.

Count me a Butler fan the rest of the way.

I was down in Indy for the Final 4 last year when they almost won the thing and the Butler fever was highly contagious. The atmosphere pretty much everywhere was electric.

Suh-weeeeeeeetttt !!!!!!!

Go Butler!!!

BUTLER! :tup:

Gus Johnson should be calling the rest of this tourney, not boring Jim Nantz.

The powers that be sure do have great luck in picking what games he calls. What a barnburner!!! Gotta love Butler. Senior-led team with guys that can make shots. I'm not counting them out to win a couple more.

Kemba vs. Williams should be a good matchup here. Pretty much a toss-up.

Enjoying a Leiny Sunset Wheat, having some folks over and enjoying the game... hope y'all have a good Saturday night. Wait, it's Saturday, right? :wacko:

Gut-wrenching finish, but great run by my Arizona Wildcats. Really didn't expect to go that far. Hopefully Derrick Williams decides to stick around for another run. :please:

I doubt that Williams sticks around, but good effort by the Cats. A favorite team getting eliminated this year hurts more than years past. This tourney is truly wide open.

Lotsa good games this year. NBA is definitely 2nd rate entertainment compared to this.

Edited by bushwacked

I doubt that Williams sticks around, but good effort by the Cats. A favorite team getting eliminated this year hurts more than years past. This tourney is truly wide open.

Lotsa good games this year. NBA is definitely 2nd rate entertainment compared to this.

I doubt Williams stays, too. Too much money to be had. But Arizona has only one senior, plus a great recruiting class coming in, so you never know.

What is this "NBA" you speak of?