[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A different sort of thought/prayer request

polksalet

We had a terrible tragedy here today. A former member of our church youth group executed a woman cop at the courthouse. He was basically raised by his grandparents (close friends of ours) as his dad passed while he was young and his mom wasn't super hands on. Anyhow I really want to shoot him in the head for this. No seriously, he needs to and will die soon for what he did, this can't be tolerated. But on the flip side I'm pretty much going to be his prison minister/counselor to try and help him get his heart with God for what will most certainly be a quick execution. I just hope I can set aside my rage and disappointment and give him some compassion and be there for him.

http://www.ksla.com/story/14469863/deputy-...ting-identified

A quick execution is what, 5, 6 years?

Tragic story. I hope you're able to get through it and get through to him.

This is Texas and he capped a cop in the courthouse in front of multiple witnesses. I imagine he will be dead within 30 months, likely 24 or less.

This is Texas and he capped a cop in the courthouse in front of multiple witnesses. I imagine he will be dead within 30 months, likely 24 or less.

He won't be executed that quickly...if at all. Prepare for this to drag on close to a decade. There is a backlog of killings to be done.

What was he initially in for? Obviously he's not of sound mind but this is really extreme if he wasn't looking at hard time initially.

He won't be executed that quickly...if at all. Prepare for this to drag on close to a decade. There is a backlog of killings to be done.

What was he initially in for? Obviously he's not of sound mind but this is really extreme if he wasn't looking at hard time initially.

I heard he was in for 3 years for residential burglary.

Man, thats rough Polk....good vibes sent your way for sure, and I'll have the kids keep you in their prayers.

the comments in the article were interesting...very sympathetic to him, and placing equal blame on the system's budget cuts that kept him from getting the help he needed before this occurred, as well as the Sherriff's Office's cuts and not having enough officers to transport him (thus he was left alone with a middle-aged woman). Seems he was given ample opportunity to try something like this, which is a travesty.