[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teenage boy called out for wearing high heels to school

buddahj

Students often face disciplinary action for being scantily clad in class.

But one male Bay Area student was sent to the principal’s office for showing up to Riverview High School in high heels, reports My Fox Tampa Bay.

“He likes the way they make him feel. They make him feel more confident, and he just likes to wear them,” said Hayley Stepp, who said she’s a friend of the unidentified male student.

A teacher notified the school principal and said that the boy’s high heels were distracting to the classroom. Principal Bob Heilmann reports there was name calling, so he instructed the young man to remove the shoes.

“As a principal of a high school, I have to take the paternal side as well, I have to make sure he’s going to be okay,” Heilmann told Fox, adding he was worried the student would be subjected to bullying. “Anytime anyone goes out from, quote, ‘the norm,’ or anytime anyone wants to make a statement, you have to be willing to take what comes with it.”

Fox spoke with lots of Riverview High School students, many of whom said they viewed the environment there as open and accepting.

“I think it wasn’t really that big of a deal. If he wants to do it, then he can do it,” said sophomore Sarah Strawn.

But not all classmates were supportive of the unnamed teenager’s choice.

“I don’t think guys should wear heels. Personally, that’s my opinion,” said junior Kjai Betts.

Some students organized a small protest to recognize what had happened to the guy in heels.

“One boy wore a dress on Monday and after we chatted about it, he decided not to,” Heilmann said, adding that the student caved and changed his clothes. “I was concerned about his safety.”

The guy who sported heels was not punished for his actions.

Are you freakin' kidding me?

:wacko:

I'm not sure that he was "called out"... I think he was pretty much "out" when he showed up to school in heels. I wonder if he is selling BJ's in the bathroom.

This reminds me of that group of Imam's that purposely wanted to start a controversy on their flight and then claim that they were victims.

kinda reminds me when Michelle Bachmann made up the story about being attacked by lesbians in the women's bathroom at the state capital a few years back. :wacko: .

kinda reminds me when Michelle Bachmann made up the story about being attacked by lesbians in the women's bathroom at the state capital a few years back. :wacko: .

I saw Fox News talking about her today. They had a glamour shot as her official photo. She was looking over her left shoulder with her hair blowing in the wind. Maybe if she had headshots that look like an angry old politician from the South, she wouldn't get that attention: real or not.

I'm not sure that he was "called out"... I think he was pretty much "out" when he showed up to school in heels. I wonder if he is selling BJ's in the bathroom.

A male simply dressing in women's clothing does mean that he is homosexual.

A male simply dressing in women's clothing does mean that he is homosexual.

That may be technically true but really in this day and age, he will have gone beyond merely being gay into an even more likely arena of potential taunting, harassing and bullying. At some point, it is like the gazelles teasing the lions. You can connect the dots on what will happen.