[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dog mauling....so I encounter the owners

frenzal rhomb

Is there anyone on here who is an attorney ??

I just need a ouple of simple questions answered, and I know state specific laws come in to play but just in general. I now am interested in making as much of a pain in the @ss for them as possible so......

1. I know I cant get damages for my dog, but what about for the bite wound I sustained in the skirmish - even if it may have been my dog defending himself

2. If I go the attorney route - is it possible to have the court order them to pay my attorney fees.

Right now I have just been advised the best route is to file suit through the district magistrates office, present my bills and they will be ordered to pay - of course that will also be fun tring to get the money out of them. However, this now seems too easy for them. I want to be a real prck but also dont want to go to the poorhouse doing this. I just dont see why they dont pay my bills an end this - people are really scum

My suggestion, make it your first preference to get this settled for the amount of the vet bill. If that doesn't happen, sue, but don't hold your breath thinking you'll get paid anytime soon, if ever. I've heard that collecting judgements is often not worth the aggravation and often you end up with nothing. A lawyer will know more about this.

You're angry now, and rightly so. Just be careful not to let this consume you for a long period of time. The longer you go on fighting this battle, with that rage working at your insides, the more you risk really losing in the long run.

In my experience, true revenge against people like this means getting my hands dirtier than I can afford. I have a lot more to lose than some degenerate living hand to mouth, and really, I lose as soon as I cross the line and do something that goes against my values. Consider that the battle way be unwinnable and you may have to cut your losses at some point.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly it's time to burn down their house.

No, no, no.... you clearly don't understand the chronology of things. First you throw a brick through their living room window with a note attached that says something like, "You better pay up, you white trash, POS." Then you set their yard on fire, or a tree int heir front yard on fire. If you gut no response from that, you hang their pit from the tree you set ablaze. After all this is done, then and only then do you burn their house.

On a serious note, take them for all you can. I sooooooooo hate white trash mother fu(kers making the rest of us rednecks look bad.

My suggestion, make it your first preference to get this settled for the amount of the vet bill. If that doesn't happen, sue, but don't hold your breath thinking you'll get paid anytime soon, if ever. I've heard that collecting judgements is often not worth the aggravation and often you end up with nothing. A lawyer will know more about this.

You're angry now, and rightly so. Just be careful not to let this consume you for a long period of time. The longer you go on fighting this battle, with that rage working at your insides, the more you risk really losing in the long run.

In my experience, true revenge against people like this means getting my hands dirtier than I can afford. I have a lot more to lose than some degenerate living hand to mouth, and really, I lose as soon as I cross the line and do something that goes against my values. Consider that the battle way be unwinnable and you may have to cut your losses at some point.

Im just glad my dog is alive - although he may have a reduced quality of life due to the psychology of the mauling - what is annoying to me is the lack of f in responsibility. I am fortunate that I can pay these bills and move on - but where is the justice -

I get fined for an open container - I get in the car - drive to asbur=y NJ, sit in court for two hours - pay my fine in cash and then drive the two hours home -

these f ers let their viscious dog loose - nearly kills my dof and then say - your dog had those injuries

Im just glad my dog is alive - although he may have a reduced quality of life due to the psychology of the mauling - what is annoying to me is the lack of f in responsibility. I am fortunate that I can pay these bills and move on - but where is the justice -

I get fined for an open container - I get in the car - drive to asbur=y NJ, sit in court for two hours - pay my fine in cash and then drive the two hours home -

these f ers let their viscious dog loose - nearly kills my dof and then say - your dog had those injuries

Too often there just isn't any justice. You are left with the choice to take matters into your own hands or let it go. Then it comes down to your own values.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd invest a considerable amount of my time and money with a lawyer to fight this. Even if it meant just being no more than a nuisance for a while. I'm just saying, keep your expectations in check and keep an eye on your own emotional well-being in the process. Hopefully at some point it becomes a fight that your lawyer is waging on your behalf while you go on with your life.

Dog abuse and cruelty laws in this country are an f'n joke. Michael Vick should be still taking it up the ass by Leroy in cellblock C instead of dancing around Philly. Hopefully, one day there will be some teeth in dog laws.

Another added benefit of getting an attorney involved is you can let him deal with the details (and douccchebags) and you can concentrate on your dog and getting things back in order at the home. I would absolutely get an attorney and they would be none the wiser until they are getting their diks smacked in the dirt. :wacko:

I absolutely agree that you lawyer up soon. First off, the lawyer will know whether it's even worth fighting (and I'm guessing it is). Second, it sends a message real quick like to "we'll take care of anything that was our fault" that they're in for it. Third, like Soup says, it allows you to move on and let someone else slug it out.

Ultimately, there's nothing like sending someone a letter on legal letterhead to get things rolling. I had a linen company that kept on screwing up my order, again and again and again threaten to sue me for the remainder of my contract value when I canned them. That noise stopped with one letter from a lawyer. I probably could have proven my case if I had to. Probably. But they would have made me fight for it, hoping I would just cave and honor the remainder of my contract. The letter saved me a ton of hassle.

Dog abuse and cruelty laws in this country are an f'n joke. Michael Vick should be still taking it up the ass by Leroy in cellblock C instead of dancing around Philly. Hopefully, one day there will be some teeth in dog laws.

Hold your breath on that one.

I know I wont get damages

You keep saying this - I give up, why won't you?

Im going to file a complaint at the district magistrate - I can sue for up to 12,000 there. I know I wont get damages but at least I can get my expenses back -

Sue for the whole amount and argue that you and the dog sustained emotional distress. Worst case, the judge awards you only the amount of the vet bill plus a lesser amount for pain & suffering, or zero for pain & suffering, but at least you tried. You won't get it if you don't ask.

What you actually end up collecting from the dirtbags is another matter, but the bigger the judgement, the better. It will affect their credit and their ability to get a mortgage. If it means enough to them, maybe they will offer to settle at some point.

I'm wondering, let's say you don't collect anything for a year or so, if you could sell the judgement to a collection agency like any creditor could? You'd get pennies on the dollar but you'd have the satisfaction of knowing those bastards are harassing the dirtbags on your behalf. Another thing to ask the lawyer.

Im going to file a complaint at the district magistrate - I can sue for up to 12,000 there. I know I wont get damages but at least I can get my expenses back -

If that is anything like small claims court, dont hold your breath on collecting anything. Best you would be able to do is wage garnishment. And if they have child support, other garnishments or are considered head of household you are put on the backburner for collection. Ive been chasing renters around for years and have collected crap.

If that is anything like small claims court, dont hold your breath on collecting anything. Best you would be able to do is wage garnishment. And if they have child support, other garnishments or are considered head of household you are put on the backburner for collection. Ive been chasing renters around for years and have collected crap.

I expect nothing out of them - especially now that I have spoken with them - so anything I recoup is bonus

Edited by frenzal rhomb

I missed the details of the attack - was their dog leashlless and off of his porperty? You need to start carrying a weapon when you walk and USE IT. The offending dog should have been beaten and stabbed in self defense. Start walking with a bat and a knife and let the beatdown begin.

Where do you live? I know a few dog behavioralists who can be quite helpful in both getting your dog back on the right track psychologically, but may also be helpful in proving your case against the other owner.

for the pit, only solution is a shotgun.

Frezal. Does your vet really think your dog will be carrying this for a long time? I've had dogs my whole like and while I have only hard one dog get in a fight with another dog once in my life - it seems like at the end of the day, that it is kind of in their animal nature. That is to say that this is something that is within their realm of doggyworld and something they can bounce back from. A lot different IMHO than injuries coming from a person as that could confused the dog in a trust/pack leader thing.

I keep on meaning to get Dog Insurance. This might ne the thing that does it, because I know that at the end of the day, there is no limit to what I would spend to save my little ass sniffer.

Started thinking Dog insurance because of my in-laws dog. They have a chocolate lab. Thing is old as dirt. Looks like a bag of antlers (see Olsen Twin). He eats socks. One of them got stuck and they needed to open her up. Cost thousands. Six months later, something else came up. Again, cost thousands and the poor girl is clearly on her last legs. I think they would have been willing to let her pass with the second issue if they hadn't paid thousands to save her six months before.

They have a front lawn,and cars,right?

Bide your time.Wait until after all this has blown over after you are through with them.

You can do wonderful things with Roundup and Brake Fluid.

I'm not sure about Roundup as Poison Control told me it was benign to humans. Anti-freeze, now that is a different story.

I would definitely sue and look to get a judgement against them so anytime they apply for a loan of any type, personal, car, mortgage, credit card, it shows up and they won't be able to get squat.

Then, I would sit in the bushes with TimC's torch...:wacko:

Pits are, for the most part, a menace. The puppy mill breeders of these things need to be shut down and shot...

Animal control officers have taken custody of a stray pit bull that attacked a 6-year-old boy in southwest Atlanta Monday, police said

Doctors and nurses at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston treated the the lacerations to the child's face and head. He was discharged Monday evening. His medical condition is not known.

The mother, Courtney Broner, told police that she, the boy's father, Marvin McDanie, and their son had only moments earlier gotten out of the car in their driveway on Lexington when she heard her son screaming "dog! dog!"

Broner said an average-size brown pit bull was on top of her son, chewing on his face. McDaniel said he pulled the dog off his son and put his belt around the dog's neck to hold the dog until animal control officers arrived.

Neighbors told police the dog is a stray seen frequently in the neighborhood.

Neighbors told police the dog is a stray seen frequently in the neighborhood.

There was a stray pit bull wandering around that was seen frequently? Someone should have "eliminated" that problem before the sightings became "frequent".

You absolutely need to stop commuinicating with these people. It can only hurt your case at this point. PLEASE get a lawyer, and let ALL future communication with them come only from your lawyer. Don't give them anything from the vet (not a report, not a bill, nothing). Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.