[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dog mauling....so I encounter the owners

frenzal rhomb

You absolutely need to stop commuinicating with these people. It can only hurt your case at this point. PLEASE get a lawyer, and let ALL future communication with them come only from your lawyer. Don't give them anything from the vet (not a report, not a bill, nothing). Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.

And hang their sorry asses out to dry.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You absolutely need to stop commuinicating with these people. It can only hurt your case at this point. PLEASE get a lawyer, and let ALL future communication with them come only from your lawyer. Don't give them anything from the vet (not a report, not a bill, nothing). Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.

This. Absolutely. Trust me, I'm no fan of lawyering up, but it's abundantly clear that these people are not going to be reasonable. If they were cool about it, I would certainly suggest you all figure something out. But that ain't gonna happen. So, it's really your only choice and, once you do, like Savage says, just let the lawyer do the talking.

This. Absolutely. Trust me, I'm no fan of lawyering up, but it's abundantly clear that these people are not going to be reasonable. If they were cool about it, I would certainly suggest you all figure something out. But that ain't gonna happen. So, it's really your only choice and, once you do, like Savage says, just let the lawyer do the talking.

A lawyer isnt going to help - going right to small claims court once I get the police report in hand - and yes - it is still not done. I cant get damages or anything, just my expenses, which sux cause I have spent countless hours nursing the little guy back to health and when I used to let him out independently into his own FENCED YARD - I could leave him alone. Now everytime he goes out its on a leash and I have to walk him around until he does his business - believe me - forcing pills - cleaning bedding - washing him - cleaning incisions - walking him and having to go home eveery day at lunch should be worth something - but its not

I can maybe recover my cash but I will get nada above and beyond while they go about their daily business like nothing ever happened.

By the way - the boy gets his 60 staples out tomorrow and i am praying the vet gives him the ok to start running a little and some independednt time.

A lawyer isnt going to help - going right to small claims court once I get the police report in hand - and yes - it is still not done. I cant get damages or anything, just my expenses, which sux cause I have spent countless hours nursing the little guy back to health and when I used to let him out independently into his own FENCED YARD - I could leave him alone. Now everytime he goes out its on a leash and I have to walk him around until he does his business - believe me - forcing pills - cleaning bedding - washing him - cleaning incisions - walking him and having to go home eveery day at lunch should be worth something - but its not

I can maybe recover my cash but I will get nada above and beyond while they go about their daily business like nothing ever happened.

By the way - the boy gets his 60 staples out tomorrow and i am praying the vet gives him the ok to start running a little and some independednt time.

Actually, the fact that you have to travel home to & from work at lunch every day should be included as well. This is one very good reason why you should get a lawyer. At the very least, go talk to one.It probably won't cost you much, if anything. :wacko:

This is such a strange story... I still can't understand why the Police and Animal Control never got involved. And what about the local news? Doesn't anyone in your area care that this dangerous animal is running around? No police. No AC. No local press. No lawyers. What is going on here?

This is such a strange story... I still can't understand why the Police and Animal Control never got involved. And what about the local news? Doesn't anyone in your area care that this dangerous animal is running around? No police. No AC. No local press. No lawyers. What is going on here?

What is going on is fr isn't making a stink about this and is just going to let these losers have a negative impact on his life, and then move on. It is frustrating to see, but he needs to be willing to take the steps and willing to go through the process to make something happen. Some people see that as not worth the time or effort. I, like many other Huddlers, am not one of those.

A lawyer isnt going to help
Because.......

I cant get damages or anything, just my expenses,
Because....

What Soup said. You seemed determined to let them walk all over you despite all they have done/allowed to happen and practically begging to have their loser asses handed to them. To each their own I guess.

Because.......

Because....

What Soup said. You seemed determined to let them walk all over you despite all they have done/allowed to happen and practically begging to have their loser asses handed to them. To each their own I guess.

Actually you are wrong - however, where I live it is all rural and animals and farm country. I did email the cop pictures of my dog and said hope this doesnt happen to someone elses dog or kid. Anyway - got a call last night at nine PM and they are citing the owner for multiple counts. Let me ask you this, when you live in an area where its lawful to discharge a weapon within 150 yards from a residence, have a bullet come through your window, and then be told by police no charges cause they had an "adequate backstop". What do you do???

This is still a neighborhood where you can leave your doors unlocked but you get the occassional odd happening. I have lived here peacefully since 1997 and have just had the misfortune of encountering two losers. Call the newspaper?? Rattle the police with multiple calls - they dont care.

But back to your assertion that I am determined to let them walk all over me - should I get a lawyer and go to civil court when theres nothing to gain, waste time and money, miss work etc.?? Im going to small claims which is my only option here - and yes, thats after an attorney consult. Cant get anything above and beyond for a dog.

Actually you are wrong - however, where I live it is all rural and animals and farm country. I did email the cop pictures of my dog and said hope this doesnt happen to someone elses dog or kid. Anyway - got a call last night at nine PM and they are citing the owner for multiple counts. Let me ask you this, when you live in an area where its lawful to discharge a weapon within 150 yards from a residence, have a bullet come through your window, and then be told by police no charges cause they had an "adequate backstop". What do you do???

This is still a neighborhood where you can leave your doors unlocked but you get the occassional odd happening. I have lived here peacefully since 1997 and have just had the misfortune of encountering two losers. Call the newspaper?? Rattle the police with multiple calls - they dont care.

But back to your assertion that I am determined to let them walk all over me - should I get a lawyer and go to civil court when theres nothing to gain, waste time and money, miss work etc.?? Im going to small claims which is my only option here - and yes, thats after an attorney consult. Cant get anything above and beyond for a dog.

Do what's best for you. No one else has to live with the end result but you. Good luck in court.

I understand, fr. We don't have leash laws out here in the sticks where I live so it's tough to go after irresponsible dog owners, too. And don't get me started on the idiot drunk hunters shooting guns right outside illegally hunting or just shooting to make loud noises. The white trash think that's a good Friday night. You call the cops and it's usually them. My suggestion...buy a gun and start shooting what bothers you. It's the only way.

Just last week, I bagged two dumbass hunters. They won't be missed. I tied their queer orange hats to my bumper as a warning to others and put their stupid camoflauge on my hood. Hey, that camo looks good on you, Bubba. The deer will never see you coming despite the fact that you just hang out in a tree drinking beer and waiting for something to stroll by, dumbass. :oldrolleyes:

its almost like Obama bit him

{I understand, fr. We don't have leash laws out here in the sticks where I live so it's tough to go after irresponsible dog owners, too. And don't get me started on the idiot drunk hunters shooting guns right outside illegally hunting or just shooting to make loud noises. The white trash think that's a good Friday night. You call the cops and it's usually them. My suggestion...buy a gun and start shooting what bothers you. It's the only way.)

and Im glad someone understands and lives in a similar environemt - this is not like city living where if someone looks at you the wrong way, you can file a harrassment charge. Just the fact that my police dept is actually taking this up and pressing multiple charges tells me this dog has done it before or been reported again and/or this guy is a real tool and the cops feel like rattling his cage.

I did a google search of him and while its 15 years ago - he has been in front of a judge for collecting workers comp while working - class act character guy. Tells you I should easily recover any damages if I win

Edited by frenzal rhomb