[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you had to pick 5 best and worst movies you ever saw...

BeeR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a worst candidate that I actually like is Vanilla Sky.... :wacko: I thought it was great...

+1. Last time I ever did mushrooms, we wandered into a theatre thinking we were going to see a normal Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz film. I had never seen Penelope Cruz before that in my life. When she came on screen, I heard the tri-force music and have pretty much been in love ever since. That movie completely freaked me out and had me glued to my seat with my hands and teeth clenched. Not great the 2nd time through, but I think it's a pretty solid film the first time.

Best 5 (not really but going off the top of my head)

Godfather 2

Caddyshack

The Aviator

Kill Bill 2

No Country For Old Men

Worst 5

Young Einstein

Bongwater

Major League 3

Fast & The Furious

just about any Dwayne Johnson film

Edited by Seahawks21

Hmmm, it's easier to hate than to love - or another way to think of it is I believe you don't have to eat a crap sandwich to know it's going to taste bad, so I don't see many "bad" movies...but here are the worst of subjected myself to (based on what I can recall in the next 5 minutes):

Navy SEALS

The Fountainhead

GI Joe

Irreversible

The Rock

Now, "best" is different than "favorite"; my list of favorite movies would differ immensely. But "best" implies something that just hits a home run on all fronts - writing, directing, acting, etc.

Seven Samurai

Braveheart

City of God

Casablanca

Sunset Boulevard

+1. Last time I ever did mushrooms, we wandered into a theatre thinking we were going to see a normal Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz film. I had never seen Penelope Cruz before that in my life. When she came on screen, I heard the tri-force music and have pretty much been in love ever since. That movie completely freaked me out and had me glued to my seat with my hands and teeth clenched. Not great the 2nd time through, but I think it's a pretty solid film the first time.

You guys should check out the original, way better.

Of course, it's subtitled, so you'll have to pause whenever your lips get tired.

That's nothing - I'm the only one with Patton or Outlaw Josey Wales?

But you also have When Harry Met Sally

oh I'm sure there are a lot of old ladies who agree with you. there just aren't so many of them who post here.

I'm secure in my masculinity. Scarlett O'Hara is the epitome of the Greek Tragic Hero.

Edited by untateve

One movie that I'll drop anything and watch it from any point in the flick:

The Graduate

there's one Bill Cosby flick my brother and I took our younger cousin to see. Man was it bad.

Oh,

Leonard Part 6

oh I'm sure there are a lot of old ladies who agree with you. there just aren't so many of them who post here.

Coulda fooled me.

The Graduate

see

:wacko:

Miller's Crossing for me. Kick Braveheart off my top 5 list for that one.

I'm conflating "best I ever saw" with "personal favorite" here, but what the hell:

Pulp Fiction

Star Wars, Episodes III and IV (go ahead and flame me for ranking Sith over Empire... you're wrong)

LOTR (all 3)

Schindler's List

(the Coens entire output really, but if I have to pick one...) Barton Fink

As for worst, you could name thousands of piece 'o crap films, so I'll just name one, and it's by perhaps my favorite film maker, Terry Gilliam:

Tideland