[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Student peacefully requesting to burn the US flag

SuperBalla

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SuperBalla, I can't believe you're remotely serious.

First off, freaking nobody here is happy the kid burned the flag, so get over that crap. And I doubt anyone here would want to protect the kid from reasonable reprisals. Not, mind you, assault, which is actually against the law, but like in the case of Mendenhall, where it cost him in the pocket book, nobody is going to shed one tear if this comes back to haunt the kid in some similar way. I hope he never gets laid again at that school and everyone treats him like the doosch he appears to be. He made his stinky-assed bed and now he can lie in it. The 1st amendment doesn't protect him from everyone thinking he's an a-hole and making him a social outcast. Just from being shut-up or punished in some official manner.

Thing is, we're all protected from having someone kick our ass. Again, that's against the law. Having your sense of patriotism offended is not legal provocation for kicking someone's ass. And it shouldn't be.

SuperBalla, I can't believe you're remotely serious.

? Why ?

First off, freaking nobody here is happy the kid burned the flag, so get over that crap. And I doubt anyone here would want to protect the kid from reasonable reprisals.

Seemed like some here, had a problem with people protesting the flag burning. Called them Zealots and A$$ hole$ even. Are you sure no wants to protect the kid? Seemed pretty clear to me they did.

Seemed like some here, had a problem with people protesting the flag burning.

Good Lord.

I don't think anyone really had a problem with people protesting it as much as questioning whether it gave the flag burning schmuck the validity he was looking for. You have an uncanny inability to compartmentalize someone's view when they don't jump on board with "the way things outta be."

Sometimes there is room for an opinion to be stated on any given topic without necessarily being for or against the good guys.

Edited by bushwacked

Im sick of these starbuck sipping panty wastes getting their jollies off of burning the flag. I am not mature enough to look the other way . I dont want him to die but certainly wouldnt lose sleep if someone smacked him around for it. If that makes me a knuckle dragger, so be it. You can make your point without burning the symbol of our Country. If you want the extra attention it brings to desicrate the flag then be prepared to get chased to your car by an angry mob

Good Lord.

I don't think anyone really had a problem with people protesting it as much as questioning whether it gave the flag burning schmuck the validity he was looking for.

This was certainly my view. Why pay any attention at all to the flag burning buffoon? People like him thrive on attention.

This was certainly my view. Why pay any attention at all to the flag burning buffoon? People like him thrive on attention.

I agree...it would have been a good idea and very effective. It would have been awesome if he would have been alone and yelled "FU America" and burned it up and no body paid him any mind. However, people came out the woods. I won't forget the little Vet guy (looked like a VFW person) He had a fire extinguisher and followed the flag burner wanna be. He was maybe 5-6" and had a big ol red fire extinguisher...hilarious.

It just seemed like it was just in my instincts to go and denounce it.

Agreed. I support the right to burn the flag, but there better be a very, VERY good reason behind it. Not cuz some a-hole was arrested for stealing a flag and burning it in support for an enemy of our country.

I have a different view.

I support his right to burn the flag, but I NEVER think there is a good reason to do so.

He is an attention seeking douchebag, and isnt worth my energy or attention.

Good Lord.

I don't think anyone really had a problem with people protesting it as much as questioning whether it gave the flag burning schmuck the validity he was looking for. You have an uncanny inability to compartmentalize someone's view when they don't jump on board with "the way things outta be."

Sometimes there is room for an opinion to be stated on any given topic without necessarily being for or against the good guys.

Darin, if I offered to pay a mortgage payment and all flight costs necessary, would you ship in douchwacked so I can beat his a$$? Pretty please? I think he is still mad I whipped his ar$$ in the tailgate beatdown JJ posted year's ago. Maybe we can cage match it and all donations can go to the winner's charity of choice?

Darin, if I offered to pay a mortgage payment and all flight costs necessary, would you ship in douchwacked so I can beat his a$$? Pretty please? I think he is still mad I whipped his ar$$ in the tailgate beatdown JJ posted year's ago. Maybe we can cage match it and all donations can go to the winner's charity of choice?

I think you should split the difference, both come to Austin and y'all can have your little tickle fight in my backyard. I will charge $5 a head, and I'm sure I can get 20 of my buddies to show up. With that $100, I'll buy beer, food to BBQ and some "other stuff" to settle you two birdies down a bit.

:wacko:

Seemed like some here, had a problem with people protesting the flag burning. Called them Zealots and A$$ hole$ even.

You skew my words and intent

Certainly there isn't anything wrong with persons lawfully gathering to show their support for the United States and/or to protest the flag burning. It would have been quite the spectacle had this happened in this instance. One apparent ignoramus burning the flag vs. thousands of supporters, which would have demonstrated what a remarkable country ours is. Instead, zealots and assh*les hijacked peaceful protests that were done (edit: were scheduled to be done) in the appropriate way. I'm fairly confident that most of the persons in attendance that day were not zealots and assh*les. Its a shame that their message was drowned out by those who were.

Edited by Furd

I have a different view.

I support his right to burn the flag, but I NEVER think there is a good reason to do so.

He is an attention seeking douchebag, and isnt worth my energy or attention.

tanks for the support, fellow American!

:wacko:

I think you should split the difference, both come to Austin and y'all can have your little tickle fight in my backyard. I will charge $5 a head, and I'm sure I can get 20 of my buddies to show up. With that $100, I'll buy beer, food to BBQ and some "other stuff" to settle you two birdies down a bit.

:tup:

:wacko: Methinks only one birdie needs to be settled down.

You skew my words and intent

Certainly there isn't anything wrong with persons lawfully gathering to show their support for the United States and/or to protest the flag burning. It would have been quite the spectacle had this happened in this instance. One apparent ignoramus burning the flag vs. thousands of supporters, which would have demonstrated what a remarkable country ours is. Instead, zealots and assh*les hijacked peaceful protests that were done (edit: were scheduled to be done) in the appropriate way. I'm fairly confident that most of the persons in attendance that day were not zealots and assh*les. Its a shame that their message was drowned out by those who were.

True...but you understand the outrage people have when it comes to the flag. If they would have just been there to protest the death of Osama I doubt there would have been 1/100th the counter audience but because it involved the US flag...people's passion and anger kicked in. Honestly...I'd say that 90% of the thousands there were outraged and expressed it. It was the majority that hijacked it. The flag wasn't getting burned...there wasn't enough police presence to stop it. It was an amazing stance, I was very proud.

Edited by SuperBalla

Where's Rick Monday when we need him? :tup:

"Monday is still in possession of the flag he saved from being burned. He was offered a million dollars for it recently but turned it down."

Marines are like that. :wacko:

One other thing worth mentioning is that, besides showing you're a total dooosh and attention whore by burning a flag, it's probably the most counter-productive thing you can do. Whatever argument you may have had goes up in flames along with the flag, IMO.

really?

violence against someone who burns the flag is okay? is it okay if I kick someone's ass who criticizes the president? I feel that the office of the president and the person who holds that office deserves our utmost respect and support, particularly when we are at war. Maybe we should just outlaw criticism of the president.

Burning the flag is a misguided action typically done by someone who has no understanding of what that flag really represents. But beating someone for being ignorant, stupid, or misguided is right up there with the stupidity of burning a flag, in my most humble of opinions.

For some reason I'm reminded of arab devils that kill Americans when Korans get burned in Florida.

You don't understand...those arabs are simply savages who care nothing for human life. After all, the Muslim religion isn't a real religion so burning their bible is a blessing. When Americans beat the hell out of someone for burning the American flag, they're patriotic. Your comparison makes no sense.

I love these threads. My favorite part is when people come in to post hyperobvious points about the first amendment as if those points have never occured to the reader.

My next favorite is the eventual fishing which revolves around proper flag protocol. guess I'll bet that started. I have burned more than one American flag.