[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

facebook question

muck

Without getting into a huge amount of detail, I have a narrowly focused facebook page.

I got a notice that someone commented on my "Wall".

I clicked on the link, but I was told that I didn't have access to that page.

Do I need to do something special to be able to see my "wall"? And, what is a wall?

FYI, this is the exact message from FB:

This content is currently unavailable.The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

I asked the person who is indicated as the sender of whatever the message was and asked them if they posted anything, and they said "no".

:wacko:

FYI, this is the exact message from FB:

This content is currently unavailable.The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

I asked the person who is indicated as the sender of whatever the message was and asked them if they posted anything, and they said "no".

:wacko:

There have been a LOT of 'click here to see who's viewing your page" type scams. What generally happens is they get posted to your wall, get flagged elsewhere and are pulled from the system pronto, but the echoes of the notices that went out are still around for a little bit. Believe me, you haven't missed anything.

Do you have it set up to alert you with emails? If so, the email should have the content of the message, and my guess is it may be spam.

I've been getting quite a few of those lately and have been warning or in some cases even defriending the people if it continues. It always tends to be the people who use facebook alot and allow access to unsafe applications, ending up with it posting "See who's stalking your profile" or some junk like that... I'm amazed how people think it's fine to allow access to your personal information to an application.

Yet another reason I don't even like to use facebook anymore...