[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Music question

SuperBalla

I am headed to the beach for the 4th and I am looking to burn some music with that reggae/Jimmy Buffet type. What would be on you r favorite Beach CD?

I am locking in: Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band w/ Buffett

What else?

Sublime - What I Got & depending on the company there are a host of others that are great for the beach. :wacko:

Bob Marley - Is this Love, Jamming, Easy Skanking, No Woman No Cry, One Love, Waiting in Vain, Stir it Up, Memphis, Lively up Yourself, Mellow Mood, Touch Me, Kaya... Just to name a few

311- Amber

Sublime - What I Got & depending on the company there are a host of others that are great for the beach. :wacko:

Bob Marley - Is this Love, Jamming, Easy Skanking, No Woman No Cry, One Love, Waiting in Vain, Stir it Up, Memphis, Lively up Yourself, Mellow Mood, Touch Me, Kaya... Just to name a few

311- Amber

Just burn the entire "Bob Marley - Legend" album to the CD, and turn on repeat. Quite possibly one of my favorite albums in the history of ever (yes, I know it's a compilation/greatest hits).

Just burn the entire "Bob Marley - Legend" album to the CD, and turn on repeat. Quite possibly one of my favorite albums in the history of ever (yes, I know it's a compilation/greatest hits).

Same here, some of the songs probably wouldn't fit the mood though like Exodus, Get up Stand up & I Shot the Sheriff.

Of course I'm a big fan of both bands - but honestly, Grateful Dead and Phish make excellent 'outside' music. Even non-fans have made this observation. Along with them, here are some I'd suggest:

Jamiroquai - Drifting Along

Bob Marley - Stir it Up, Jamming, Natty Dread, So Jah Seh, Them Belly Full

Grateful Dead - Mr. Charlie, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland Blues, China Cat Sunflower, Big River

Phish - Ya Mar, The Mango Song, Alumni Blues, AC/DC Bag, Harry Hood

Toots and the Maytals - Pressure Drop, Monkey Man, 54-46 That's My Number

Allman Brothers - Blue Sky, Little Martha

I'll come up with more later. I'm drawing a blank without my ipod in front of me.

that reggae/Jimmy Buffet type.

ZZ Top

:wacko: Did some great stuff but wouldn't exactly associate them in the "reggae/Jimmy Buffet" ballpark.

If the gist is for just some easy-going stuff in a sittin in the hot tub kinda way, I'd add

Gr Dead "Fire on the Mountain"

B Joel "Rosalinda's Eyes"

Beach music. I mean that in the stricter sense of the specific genre, eg Chairmen of the Board etc

Buncha sort of rock/jazz/"smooth jazz" (it's not all sleepy Kenny G crap) stuff I could add but guessing you're not much for that and/or might not fit what you want

Reggae:

Come On Little Girl - The Melodians

It's My Delight - The Melodians

Swing And Dine - The Melodians

One Love - Bob Marley

Get Up Stand Up - Bob Marley

I Shot The Sheriff - Bob Marley

And anymore Bob Marley you can find!

Funky Kingston - Toots & The Maytals

Reggae Got Soul - Toots & The Maytals

Beach In Hawaii - Ziggy Marley

Into The Groove - Ziggy Marley