[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best impressionists since Rich Little

BeeR

Don't know if any of you get into this or not but I always loved watching Rich Little - unfortunately, the people he used to imitate so well are not really known well by many nowdays (and he's long been nowhere near the top of his game).

So what others are at or near the king of the hill now - IMO:

Dana Carvey who is IMO very underrated

Frank Caliendo (sp) - many will remember his Bradshaw impersonations among others on Sundays, is really really good

...but the best I've seen is here:

Roger Kabler (

)

I think Rich Little was the all time king. Jimmy Fallon actually isnt half bad but caliendo seems like the best of the new crop imo

Frank Caliendo (sp) - many will remember his Bradshaw impersonations among others on Sundays, is really really good

Clarification: I meant he's really, really good in general. The Bradshaw BS I could take or leave. Saw him on "Hot in Cleveland" the other night, in fact he was the reason I didn't keep flipping through the channels, and man his stuff is spot on.

Billy Crystal, although not at the level of these others, also does a few good ones as I recall.

d'oh forgot him. I wouldn't put him at the top level though, as he does very few and his "visuals" (which are great) make up for him not being truly great at the voices etc like the others. As I recall his Clint Eastwood is great because he even contorts himself to LOOK like Clint.

i like darrell hammond

I think he is decent at best. He is in the neighborhood on his impressions but never wows me as a dead on guy.

I think he is decent at best. He is in the neighborhood on his impressions but never wows me as a dead on guy.

he has me rolling with clinton, sean connery, gore, jesse jackson, trump, chris matthews, and mccain.

I think Rich Little was the all time king. Jimmy Fallon actually isnt half bad but caliendo seems like the best of the new crop imo

i liked his mick jagger, adam sandler, and jerry seinfeld..... but my favorite was his hilary swank

he has me rolling with clinton, sean connery, gore, jesse jackson, trump, chris matthews, and mccain.

love his connery

Kevin Spacey is a brilliant impressionist, though he's not a comic, so it doesn't get as much play.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKDKAKNH-k ...his Pacino and Walken are fantastic.

Don't know about other impressions, but Alec Baldwin does a killer De Niro... http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the...%20de%20niro|||

Don't know if any of you get into this or not but I always loved watching Rich Little - unfortunately, the people he used to imitate so well are not really known well by many nowdays (and he's long been nowhere near the top of his game).

So what others are at or near the king of the hill now - IMO:

Dana Carvey who is IMO very underrated

...but the best I've seen is here:

Roger Kabler (

)

I had never heard of the guy you linked, but, that was amazing. :wacko:

Kevin Spacey is a brilliant impressionist, though he's not a comic, so it doesn't get as much play.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKDKAKNH-k ...his Pacino and Walken are fantastic.

I was hoping that was a link to something other than the Inside Actor's stuff. IMO he's nowhere near brilliant, in fact more like someone who's very good considering it's not what he's known for. His Pacino is really good, but then again Pacino is one of the easier ones to do. He's not in the same class as these other guys.

Edited by BeeR

I was hoping that was a link to something other than the Inside Actor's stuff. IMO he's nowhere near brilliant, in fact more like someone who's very good considering it's not what he's known for. His Pacino is really good, but then again Pacino is one of the easier ones to do. He's not in the same class as these other guys.

I couldn't find the complete SNL Star Wars screen test, where he does Lemmon and Walken.